* Our all-in cost for a suite on Friday and Saturday nights (2 nights) was about $300. This included $250 for the room inclusive of taxes (quoted rate was about $110 a night without taxes) and approx. $45 for two days parking on sight inclusive of taxes. Note that the rate on the suite was obtained at their website and was lower because we prepaid in advance.
* I give all the detail to say that this is very reasonable for a suite in the Quarter on a weekend with parking.
* The parking is on site and very convenient, although we did have to walk through from the main hotel through the entrance to the parking facility to get to our room. My wife noted that this did not seem all that safe, because someone could easily walk the 150 feet from Toulouse and be in our hallway. Not a big deal to me, but might be to some.
* The two suites on the lower floor are nice with very high ceilings. Nothing spectacular, but roomy and clean, which is nice.
* Biggest complaint, and it is understandable, was the noise in this room. The "window" is actually a door, which appears to be permanantly closed, onto Toulouse. You are about 1/2 block from Bourbon in this room and one of the loudest 80's rock bars in the Quarter is on the corner on Bourbon. You have to realize you are near Bourbon when you check into this hotel, thus you also have to realize that if you want peaceful sleep this is probably not the room for it. Loud music to the early hours and drunks on the street after that. We recognized where we were and accepted it, but you need to be aware. I think there are probably many quieter rooms in the hotel, but there will always be partyers in the hotel and you might be next to them.
* Service was accomadating and reasonably speedy, even though the hotel seemed a little understaffed (this is common in NO right now and patience is all that is needed).
* There will be a glitch here and there, but for the price, I believe you just overlook them and have fun. The couple in front of us at checkout complained about college kids on their floor keeping them up all night and the desk clerk gave them their parking free. YOU ARE 1/2 BLOCK FROM BOURBON. Be aware of that when you book the hotel. There will be some noise and partying going on. If you want quite, stay farther from the action.
* Overall, a nice experience and would stay again. This is one of those hotels where you just need to find a room you really like and request it every time. I don't think you will be disappointed with a stay at the St. Marie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate French Quarter Hotel situated 1/2 block off Bourbon Street & 5 minutes from central business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, AAA Travel Services, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel St. Marie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Marie Hotel
- Saint Marie Hotel New Orleans