“Four and a half stars” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel St. Marie

You added Hotel St. Marie to your Saves list
Hotel St. Marie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekday Rates from $109
Ranked #65 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Columbia, Md
“Four and a half stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2005

Just returned from a stay at the St. Marie last week and overall it was just fine. I had a balconey room that was very large, very clean, bathroom was fine and certainly large enough. Staff was amiable and helpful with suggestions and booking tours. Noise was never an issue and the bed was comfortable. The only minor thing was I couldn't adjust the flow on the shower head, but they fixed that and believe me it was no big deal. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it highly, especially if you prefer larger rooms. Unfortunately I didn't try their restaraunt, Hillarys, but I did eat breakfast a few times in their Bistro and that was nice and very convenient since it opens at 7:00am. I enjoyed some wonderful meals at Peristyle, always a favorite. Dickie Brennans Steakhouse was wonderful too and the service was impeccable and if you're looking for very large shrimp at VERY reasonable prices try the casual Deanies Seafood on Iberville. I know some people will disagree with this, but I really enjoy the Jazz Brunch at the Court of Two Sisters. It also helped that the weather was absolutely gorgeous the whole time I was there which made the Court of Two Sisters more appealing to sit outside.

• Stayed January 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

Hotel St. Marie in New Orleans, LA

Along with four of our friends, we recently stayed at the St. Marie Hotel for several days following our cruise. My husband and I had been there about eight years ago and remembered how charming it was, so chose it again for our friends.

The location is so great that we were able to enjoy the fun of Bourbon Street without being disturbed by undo noise. Our rooms shared the large balcony overlooking the courtyard. It was a great place for the six of us to meet before dinner, as well as have breakfast. The rooms were lovely and rate reasonable.

To top it off, the staff was exceptional, very friendly, courteous and helpful. Jerry and John at the reception desk were outstanding.

We are happy to recommend this hotel to all our friends and look forward to staying at the St. Marie again.

Sincerely, Ted and Helen

Philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2005

4 of us, my 25 yr old brother, 84 yr old granny, my wife and I (in our early 30's) stayed here for 4 nights in December(4-8th). The hotel is in a perfect location, 1/2 block off of Bourbon St. Very close to the action and noise and fun but we could still sleep at night. There are numerous bars, shops and restaurants within walking distance (even for granny), and the French Market/Riverfront area is about 4 blocks away. There is plenty to do while you are here, if you can't find something then there is something wrong with you. Our room was very clean and a good size and everything worked properly. The staff was great (we had an incedent with my brother, too much booze and messy sheets at around midnight, and the staff was right there with new sheets 2 mins after we called. They took the bad ones with no problem or complaints.) On our next trip to NO we will hope to stay here again. No complaints at all. If you get the chance, go to The Cat's Meow (1 block down Bourbon) for some hilarious karaoke.

• Stayed December 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2005

Hosted a regional conference at the Hotel St. Marie. Attendees came from all over the southeast region of the country. The attendees had nothing but praise for the hotel and hotel staff. The location of the hotel particularly impressed those attending the conference. It is convenient to everything one loves about New Orleans.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

The Hotel St. Marie has great charm. Each room is a little different. If you're looking for something unique and not a cookie cutter chain hotel, this is the place. It's truly a taste of the old French Quarter.

We recently held a conference at the St. Marie and everything went as planned. The setups were done correctly each day and the staff was great! They couldn't have been any friendlier or accommodating.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for 4 nights last week. 2/20-2/24/2005. The hotel was so nice! The front desk clerk, Tasha, was so helpful and greeted us when we came in and went out. Everyone was very personable! Our room was wonderful, clean and the balcony really added to the ambiance of the whole French Quarter experience. Thanks for a wonderful time and we will recommend your hotel to our friends. I can't wait to return and stay here again!

• Stayed February 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2005

I manage corporate events for FedEx and select hotels around the globe. I know hotels! When I need to “get away” from corporate life and get some "New Orleans," the Hotel St. Marie is my choice. One block to the quarter and central to everything, St. Marie should be your home in New Orleans. Hotel St. Marie has wonderful amenities, Old South charm and is small enough to provide personal service. The rooms are great, reasonably priced, a good value for your personal travel dollars. Their breakfast is the best and most reasonably priced in the quarter. Don’t miss the Bloody Mary’s.
The staff KNOWS you’re at the hotel and are the kindest in the Quarter. Where else do you hug the front desk clerk, bellman and valet goodbye!
Hotel St. Marie is my personal choice for New Orleans; it’s like going home again and again. Make it yours. Book early. The secret is out.

Mary Harvey Gurley
Manager, Local Market and Event Management
FedEx Corporation

Been to Hotel St. Marie? Share your experiences!