“Wanted To Live There” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Save Saved
You added Hotel St. Marie to your Saves list
Hotel St. Marie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Announcement
New Bedding In All Rooms
Ranked #55 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
lissybob75
“Wanted To Live There”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

Loved this hotel. 75% of staff were excellent and the other 25% were great at their jobs. Clean rooms, excellent location, great reservationists, even changed my NON CHANGEBALE reservations due to my last minute emergency (lost my ID, had to change name on reservation) Perfect, central location in the quarter, around the corner from Bourbon, but far enough away that you can be a spectator, and can walk anywhere from Cafe Du Monde- to the St Louis Cemetary #1.
Stayed for 10 days and did not have one negative encounter with any person on staff. They are knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, gracious, and have great discretion for those late night comings and goings in the quarter!!!!
Can't say enough good things about this place, they MADE my honeymoon EXCELLENT.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

Clean and close to Bourbon St.
Friendly staff and was glad I picked St Marie Hotel...Will be back

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

We arrived around 2:00 p.m., and the front desk was kind enough to check us in. We had a balcony room on the 4th floor overlooking Toulouse and enjoyed the view. The hotel is older, so the rooms are not plush by any means. There was a polyester bedspread, old carpet, and a small TV in an armoire, but the charm of the hotel overcame these minor annoyances. Everything was clean and in working condition, and we were pleased with the hotel.

I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the French Quarter, but not pay an exhorbitant price.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

This was my second time coming to New Orleans and first time staying in the French Quarter. As I usual, I used TripAdvisor as a handy dandy tool to do my research for hotel reviews. I found a lot of good reviews, but some of the recent reviews were about average for the hotel. Since I found a good rate for this hotel, I thought "well I'm only going to be staying for 2-nights, it can't be that bad." When my best friend and I arrived at the hotel that morning (way before the 4pm check-in), we were greeted by the front desk agent who was able to get us in our room early. I figured the hotel wasn't sold out the night before, so she was able to give us a room. The agent gave us a really nice room on the ground floor. I loved the "old" feel to it with the brick walls and the big tapestry sized windows. This is the French Quarter hotel-feel I was looking for. Our room had two-doubled beds, a door to a tiny patio area shared by two other rooms, a shower/tub, and an accessible shower ~ which didn't bother me at all. The room was very spacious, suprisingly because I actually expected the rooms in the boutique hotels of the French Quarter to be much, much smaller. The hotel offered complimentary continental breakfast, which was fine because there are just too many places to eat around the hotel to have a bigger meal for lunch. The hotel also offered complimentary, wireless internet in the rooms. I was worried about this before I arrived because on the hotel website it mentions internet access, but not wireless. My overall experience at this hotel was great for its value and especially location - it's only 1/2 a block from exciting Bourbon Street. I'm not a huge party person, but being near Bourbon Street is a must when you visit the French Quarter, I didn't mind the experience. The nice thing about the hotel is that you don't hear a lot of the Bourbon Street noise at night ~ but of course, I didn't go to NOLA during Mardi Gras either, so no guarantee on the noise level during this season! It is 1 of 3 hotels in the Valentino Hotel collection, includig Place d'Armes (which was actually my first choice, but the hotel was sold out of the room-type I wanted) and the Prince Conti Hotel. I would definitely stay at the Hotel St. Marie again, staff was also great!

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

My friend and I headed to NOLA to depart on a cruise...We stayed at the Hotel St. Marie because of the proximity to Bourbon Street and it being in the French Quarter!

It was perfect!!! We could walk everywhere we wanted, the hotel was easy to get to and close to everything but nice that the hotel wasn't on Bourbon Street, because we would have never gone to sleep.

We enjoyed a bottle of wine in the garden/pool area which was very relaxing. After a night on Bourbon street, which was amazing, we took advantage of the free breakfast! It was perfect and FREE! We then took off for our cruise, but I wish we could have stayed another night.

The rooms were fine, nothing to fancy, but all the amenities and a good size!

I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

• Liked — Location, location, location!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

I went with 2 friends to New Orleans to celebrate the New Year. The Hotel St. Marie was a great choice for us. Settled in the French Quarter the hotel is conveniently located a block (25 steps) from Bourbon St. The French Quarter is easily navigated and walked but if you plan to be on Bourbon St. during the evening hours, this hotel is the place to stay. We were overjoyed to be able to take that 30 second walk back to the hotel to use our bathroom or drop off our purchases so that we didn't have to carry around our items all night or wait on line for a bathroom. The cost could have been a bit less but what in this world wouldn't we want to cost less? The staff was not overly friendly but were helpful. Any noise that I heard came from other hotel guests in there rooms or the hallway, but not any street noise. Our room was clean and comfortable with a slight hint of mold. The smell either went away with the balcony door being open or the cleaning lady and her room spray. Either way, we had a great stay in New Orleans at the Hotel St. Marie.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

Our small group of 11 spent a long weekend at the Hotel St. Marie. This was our third stay at the hotel and everything was as pleasant as the first time. We highly recommend Hotel St. Marie to anyone who wants the convenience of being close to Bourbon St. but without the noise. Karla, the Sales Manager, again was extremely helpful with arranging rooms, staff was excellent and funny and the rooms were perfect! We even lost our camera, housekeeping found it and it was on UPS the same day! Couldn't ask for more from a hotel.

• Liked — Friendly staff & clean rooms
  • Disliked — No Bar
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel St. Marie? Share your experiences!