“WONDERFUL Hotel St. Marie” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel St. Marie

You added Hotel St. Marie to your Saves list
Hotel St. Marie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Special Rate
$89 Weekday Rates
Ranked #62 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“WONDERFUL Hotel St. Marie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2004

My Husband and I stayed at the Hotel St. Marie on our honeymoon. It was wonderful. Very cozy tucked away just off Bourbon Street. After a few problems I was unaware of with my on line booking the executive office actually took the time to hunt me down via Internet and telephoned me to confirm all of the information. The gentleman also emailed me with various hints as to things to do and places to go while visiting.
I was thoroughly impressed with the kindness of the staff and the effort put forth. We will be returning to NO in November, and will be staying at this hotel once again. Not only do you get a great rate, great service, but you also get the warm feeling that comes from staying somewhere that cares what's going on in their hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2004

We recently returned from a wonderful 3 night stay at Hotel St. Marie. The staff was friendly and we loved the location!! The bartenders at the hotel bar gave us some great suggestions of places to visit . We will stay there again on our next trip to New Orleans!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2004

I chose to stay at the Hotel St. Marie due to the fact that it was rated as a 4 star Hotel and it has a great location near Bourbon Street. Although the Hotel accomodations are extremely nice and comfortable, the parking facility is awful. I feel that my SUV was damaged by the parking attendant while it was parked in the crowded, close-quarter space provided in the facility. The attendant did not come forth and admit he damaged the vehicle and management would take no responsibility for the damage as I could not prove to their satisfaction that they damaged it. Although it was only paint damage, I feel that a lack of professionalism was displayed by the attendant and management and is something that future patrons should be aware of prior to registration. Knowing what I know now, I would be very careful in picking any hotel in or near the French Quarter assuring that they provide parking where you can park your own vehicle and that adequate space is provided. I feel that we could have stayed at a different hotel and saved significant money. Any "YES" they have approprate disclaimers on their registration paperwork to assure no liability when anything is damaged or stolen. Guess I learned a somewhat costly lesson.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2004

My friends eloped to New Orleans and we met them the wedding day at this cute little hotel in the French Quarters. They let him use the Court Yard free to do a small weddding ceremy with a Minister Schwehm. It was great, we just stayed one night but I will go back.

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2004

The Hotel St. Marie was an excellent choice for our 4 night stay in NO. Check-in took a little long, but they say 4pm, so I can't complain. The room was very clean and spacious. Beds were comfortable and the room was nicely cleaned every day. The location is tremendous, only a 30 sec walk to Bourbon St. and very close to all the other attractions this city has to offer. It was great to be able to eat/drink, and then stop back at the room to freshen up without going out of the way. Staff wasn't the friendliest, but answered our questions as needed. We will definately return to Hotel St. Marie when we visit NO in the future. Definately give this hotel a chance especially for the price!!llll

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2004

We stayed at the Hotel St. Marie two nights in late July 2004, and enjoyed our time there. The room was fairly nice size with a balcony, for $70. The balcony was large, although we didn't spend much time on it. The courtyard was pretty and a pleasant place to sit in late afternoon. The pool was clean. The restaurant next door (Hillary's) seemed nice, but was too expensive for us. Onsite parking is $20- we parked a few blocks away on Rampart St. for $15, because we did not need our car until we left town. The location is excellent for exploring the french Quarter.

Navarre, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2004

The hotel was nice. I was disappointed that I couldn't use the coupon for free parking because I booked online. I was also disappointed that we didn't get a room with a balcony that I wanted, considering most of the rooms have balcony's. The guy at the front desk wasn't friendly, but the rest of the staff were wonderful and the hotel was extremely clean.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Hotel St. Marie? Share your experiences!