“Let the Good Times Roll... at the St. Marie!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel St. Marie

You added Hotel St. Marie to your Saves list
Hotel St. Marie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekday Rates from $109
Ranked #65 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Let the Good Times Roll... at the St. Marie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

This hotel was absolutely awesome to us! My wife and I visited New Orleans during the week of 7/10-7/15 and we had a blast. I've got to give props to our girl Jerry at the front desk, she was phenomenal! Our check-in would have been somewhat adventurous, had it not been for her prompt attention. We got there early on Saturday and though check-in wasn't until 3pm, Jerry allowed us to check into our room three hours before then. Thanks Jerry. The location is great. Just two blocks away from world famous "Preservation Hall." You must go to this place if you want to listen to some real, unadulterated New Orleans jazz. You're only about 4 blocks away from Jackson Square. Can't beat it! The pool isn't what we expected (somewhat dirty), but heck, we were away from the hotel having fun for so long, we didn't need it. Our room was very clean, cozy and on the fifth floor. This hotel is great if you value location and customer service. We had a great time and we plan on staying there again and again!!!

• Stayed July 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2004

This city is so unique to other american cities that you feel like you are in another country. Life is very laid back in this environment. For new comers staying in the Quarter is an absolute must! The Hotel St. Marie was superbly clean. The staff was very friendly, and its location was literally a jump, hop, and skip away from Bourbon Street. The hotel also had a nice restaurant, bar, and pool and courtyard. Parking wasn't free but when we found free parking in the quarter on Decauter, the concierge let us park free in their garage! The hotel seemed very simple in comparison to the beauty of the quarter. However, it is a great price at $70.00 - $90.00 a night. I have no complaints about this hotel what so ever. I can really only vouch for this one. However, Next time I might stay in the Price Conti or Place D'armes because their location is futher away from Bourbon ( and Tourists) I haven't seen the inside of these hotels but if they are as nice as The Saint Marie I know I would be satisfied - They looked to be more New Orleans style etnic in the brochures. And they are run by the same mgmt. which means clean and friendly! I feel that staying in Jackson Square is more appealing than off of Bourbon Street - but who am I? Actually I lived in New Orleans from 96-98. Off of Decauter - you have Cafe du Monde - cool bars, restaurants (way over priced) and great shopping.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2004

We stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for 7 days in June, 2004 and found the hotel to be clean, spacious, and the front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. The location was great, one block from Bourbon Street and not far from the French Market. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Green Bay, WI.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2004

Arrived very early the morning of our check in date, the room was not ready yet, but they were able to park our car. We stayed busy for the entire afternoon, then went to our room later that afternoon, we were on the top floor with a corner view, it was awsome we could see the city for several blocks. The room was a nice size, it had a king size bed and plenty of room to move around. The staff was very pleasant, especially to parking attendants, and one of the desk clerks commented on the shirt I was wearing on the day we checked out. The courtyard was nice and the pool was ok. I had read reviews that were good and bad, but I have to say, I would stay here again without any hesitation. The location is awsome, we were only steps away from Bourbon St., which made it nice after a night out on the town, we didn't have to stagger very far to get home. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Hotel St. Marie. P.S. Book early, I saved a lot of money by doing this, the rates do change daily.

San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2004

I had read the other reviews and must comment that the hotel accomodations and the location were nice but the front desk clerk ( the same woman seemed to be on the desk at all times ) was very sullen and appeared to really hate her job - Mgt should wake up and fire that person -- the rest of the staff ( ie maids and bartender were very friendly and helpful ) We stayed however in room 300 right next to the maids room and if you want peace and quiet after 9am in the morning - do not stay in that room !!

• Stayed May 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2004

This hotel was fabulous! We arrived early in the day and they were more than happy to let us park as soon as we got there. They were a little late having the rooms ready but did give us free drinks in their bar. The hotel room itself was very clean and the bathroom was huge for a hotel! The maid service was excellent and the front desk staff were so great. They made everything very easy. I have been to New Orleans hundreds of times in my life and this was the first time I have stayed at Hotel St. Marie and now I will not stay anywhere else.

Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2004

I was very impressed with the staff at hotel. They were always helpful and extremely friendly; I don't remember another hotel matching them in this case. In fact, even after I checked out of the hotel the parking attendent allowed me to leave my car in the garage while I ran out for some lunch. The room proved to be nice and large also. The price for parking was about the same price as every other location in the area. The only complaint I would have is that local calls and toll free calls were not free (I think there was a $0.95 charge for each call plus the cost of the call). But, overall I would love to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2004

Been to Hotel St. Marie? Share your experiences!