“a tiny attic room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel St. Marie

You added Hotel St. Marie to your Saves list
Hotel St. Marie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   827 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekday Rates from $109
Ranked #65 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“a tiny attic room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The hotel has a nice lobby. The staff gave us a different room since we arrived earlier than the check in time. It wasn't a great favor. The room we were given on the fifth floor was tiny with low ceilings. Thank God we are not both particularly large as we would be bumping into each other. It was nothing special to write about. Location was good in the french quarters close to Bourbon St. However, we would not return again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

located about two blocks off of bourbon street this hotel was awesome for the price. $100 a night for a king size bed with a balcony and courtyard view. location was great if you want to be close to bourbon street and we didn't hear any noise whatsoever at night when we were trying to sleep. clean and courteous service. everything was pretty much in walking distance and the area seemed very safe.

Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night mid-week. I couldn't get over how affordable Hotel St. Marie was. I was worried the cheap mid-week price meant it would be cheap inside but it wasn't at all. Beautiful hotel. Very pretty courtyard. Hotel staff was super friendly.

Our room was sort of small but not the smallest I've ever been in New Orleans. The room had everything we needed. Loved the valet parking. I've stayed at the hotel across the street where I had to back myself out of a tiny, dark, TIGHT parking garage. It was so nice to just hand the keys over to someone else.

We'll be back for sure! Especially after seeing all the brand new beds being installed that day. Looked comfy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Waveland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great service and rooms. Brand new queen size mattresses. Comfortable accessories. We had room service for breakfast, Fast hot breakfast at reasonable prices.

Close to everything. 1/2 block off of Bourbon Street. The staff were exceptionally helpful. I have been there before but for some reason this time seemed better. A great getaway ti relax, Because if the bad weather we stayed in the rooms most of the time..
I caught up on lots of reading..

I would have stayed an extra day but the rooms were full for Friday night.

Room Tip: There was not a fitness center as far as I know.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great location in the French Quarter...easy access to all restaurants, bars, shopping and sight-seeing. This hotel was very good. Our room was small but we were really only there to sleep. Next time I would have requested a room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The restaurant connected to this hotel, Vacherie, is incredible!!!! It's worth staying at the hotel just to go next door to eat at every meal. All in all, I would choose this hotel again.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel is really nice and the staff is very friendly! The only thing that was lacking when we stayed (August 2012) were a few of the modern conveniences, like plugs for your phone close to the bed. The TV was a bit dated too (as in not a flat screen HDTV), though that may have been replaced by now. The bathroom was clean and the beds were comfortable. The lobby and courtyard are gorgeous. The location is excellent! I'd probably stay here again. I wish I had taken more pictures.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was our first trip to New Orleans and choosing a hotel was not an easy choice. After reading the reviews for the Hotel St. Marie, I decided this was where we should stay. I'm so happy with my decision! The hotel is beautiful and the staff was wonderful. The Vacherie bar was a great place to hang out and unwind at the end of an evening on Bourbon St. Our room faced the courtyard so our room was very quiet and the view was lovely. The next time we visit this city, I won't even think about staying anywhere else but at the Hotel St. Marie.

Room Tip: Two restaurants to try for breakfast are, the Rivers Edge on Decatur St. for the Ragin Cajun omlet f...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel St. Marie? Share your experiences!