“A good place to stay, overall.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Save Saved
You added Prince Conti Hotel to your Saves list
Prince Conti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Announcement
New Bedding In All Rooms
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Great Plains
“A good place to stay, overall.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

The Prince Conti is located just half a block from Bourbon Street, but it remarkably quiet (we heard little street noise, though the walls between rooms are a bit thin). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a bit small, but we understand that space is at a premium in that area. The prices are reasonable for that location, but they vary dramatically from weekends to weekdays. Also, you will pay $25 a day to park. Our major problem was that hot water was hard to come by in the bathroom, which was in need of some serious upgrading. It is a good place to say, on balance.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Enroute New Orleans stopped at the welcome center. I inquired about hotels in New Orleans and was directed to the wall to call the Prince Conti Hotel. I won't give away the price, suffice it to say I was floored by the deal. The front desk staff was great, the room, while somewhat outdated, was comfortable, clean and quiet. Originaly was going to stay one night and ended up staying an extra night. Highly recommended for value and location, location location - a block north of Bourbon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

The service was great, the staff friendly, the room clean and spacious. with parking at an extreme premium in the French Quarter, the valet parking is a wonderful added bonus. The Conti Cafe had a fantastic breakfast. though our waitress wasn't extremely friendly. The servings, and price were great, and it's exclusive to hotel guests. Our room also had a safe that we could put in our own combination. Cable, free wifi, were also helpful.

The Cons - no fridge or microwave in the room, and the beds weren't extremely comfortable; though they were definitely worth sleeping on.

Literally steps away from Bourbon street, but the rooms are quiet and there was no street noise we could hear. Prices are reasonable and comparable to any other in the Quarter.

We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

My partner and I recently visited the infamous French Quarter of New Orleans and found it to be everything we wanted and more ... especially our fabulous lodgings. The Prince Conti serviced us extremely well and its great location and understanding staff made us feel right at home. We would recommend it to anyone looking for a great time!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I had a wonderful experience at the Prince Conti all around. The service was absolutely delightful--everyone on staff (front desk, bell hops, restaurant servers, etc) were all genuinely kind and wanted to help. They honestly made us feel right at home. The room was perfect, big and very clean. Basic, but just perfect. The location is ideal, right in the quarter, next to Bourbon, but completely silent in the rooms. They brought a bottle of champagne to the room to celebrate my mom's birthday--it was little touches and kind words like that which made our stay unforgettable. The cafe was perfect for breakfast--we ate there almost every day. Our servers were so nice and the food was really good--southern breakfasts and strong coffee! Also, it was pouring almost the entire trip and they always had umbrellas for us to borrow. I don't have a single complaint, truly!
I had to move to another hotel (a big, luxury chain) for part of my trip as I had to attend a conference and I was really sad to leave the Prince Conti. The service and location of the Prince Conti was far superior. We loved it and will certainly be back!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

This hotel was great!! Perfect location in the French Quarters. It was one block from Bourban Street. For the value, you cannot beat it !!! I would stay again in a minute. Hotel was quite and the room had soft towels and extra pillows.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Recently, my wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in New Orleans. We could think of no other place to go. I was referred to the Prince Conti by a friend of mine and we decided to stay there. I was not disappointed. The staff was excellent and very accomidating. The location of the hotel to everything we wanted to do was perfect. Staying in the French Quarter is like no other place. We had an issue with our car and trying to park on the street at night but the manager was nice enough to take care of us. He saw our situation and saved us money by offering us free parking. I have never been personally taken care of by a hotel manager, it really made me feel important. I cannot wait until our next visit to New Orleans because now I won't have to worry about where I will stay. i recommend the Prince Conti to anyone looking for a real New Orleans experience. Laissez les Bon Temps Rolles!
Eric and his wife Natasha

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Prince Conti Hotel? Share your experiences!