“Great staff, perfect location, quiet room, and an amazing martini bar!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

You added Prince Conti Hotel to your Saves list
Prince Conti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekday Rates from $129
Ranked #48 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beaumont, Texas
“Great staff, perfect location, quiet room, and an amazing martini bar!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Boutique hotel feel, very attentive, friendly, and proactive staff. Not a lot of amenities but then again the real destination is only about 50 yards away - Bourbon street and the rest of the French Quarter.

What really surprised me is how you could be on bourbon street, with thousands of people and nightclubs blaring unbelievably loud music, then step into a quiet, cool, and clean hotel room so close to the hustle and bustle. Many hotels are "in the french quarter" but this one is really right in the middle of bourbon street, so all you have to do is pick right or left and walk no more than a few blocks.

We popped into the Bombay club martini bar and were delighted with the ambiance, the live music (this was a Friday night), and the incredible drink selection. This is a really romantic place to get a spectacular martini. We didn't have dinner but the dining area had a 5 star feel to it.

Very strong WiFi in the room and lobby, no connection issues on my laptop.

Sure, you could pay $50 more a night for more "chain" hotel amenities and a pool, but for a vastly inferior location. I'll stay here many times in the future.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I have been visiting Nawlins for the better part of 25 years, and this hotel is in my top 5. If you are looking for old world charm and solitude, Prince Conti is not for you...But, if you want to be in the heart of all the action it is a no brainer.

the cons are easily overlooked for me: yeah, the h20 pressure and temp aren't that great in the am, and the continental breakfast is a little skimpy...And the elevator is kinda smallish. That would be my only complaint.

the pros : location, and...the staff. Believe me when I tell you they WILL do anything to make your stay better. One of my party got terribly food poisoned on some oysters, and was laid up the entire weekend. The guy parking cars, (I think his name was Nate?) saw my buddy's discomfort and found some peptobismol, and offered to find him more help if his condition got worse. Cmon, usually the valet is not going to do that for you in most places....The front desk lady was really helpful as well: helped us get sunday jazz brunch reservations on short notice, and had great reccomendations on what to see and do. I think her name was Cynthia or Cindy? She is a saint. If this was not too close to Bourbon street, I would have brought my kids as she would dote over them for sure.

It's like staying with family. Yeah, it's not the Ritz, but I bet they dont have the staff like PC Hotel.

new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Extremely reasonable rates for travelers looking to stay in the french quarter but not be ripped off. I couldn't believe that I was one block off of Bourbon and could not hear a single thing at nights! Seriously, I slept with no disturbances every night. Stay here for the value but not for the hotel itself. It is average quality from the accommodations to the front desk agents and they honestly just should not serve "breakfast" at all. A choice between a danish and a muffin is not breakfast.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

The Prince Conti Hotel was a great value for the price and location.
Well kept and basic clean rooms with no amenities other than free continental breakfast - improvement needed with breakfast items - mostly sweet pastries.
Suggested to management about breakfast selection. Otherwise you can't go wrong with this hotel - stone's throw from Bourbon St and other French Quarter activities.
Would stay there again!

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Myself and a couple of my girlfriends booked a room for 5 days and ended up with a 4th person coming with us. We told them when we checked in that we would not be able to stay our 5th night and they told us the rooms were nonrefundable. We then told them we had four in our party so we ended having to pay an extra 20.00 a day for the extra person. The hotel IS in a great spot, right around the corner from the middle of Bourbon Street. The main hotel door was never locked even at 4am when they said it would be. Also, they never asked us to show a room key or anything to go in.
The free breakfast was just rolls and coffee and you had to go across the driveway to get to the place for it. The rooms were small but clean and the photo you see of the lobby on their website is right on...but that is actually the whole lobby,it is a small hotel. They do let you print off your boarding passes in the lobby but I wasn't able to get to my email to get my confirmation number. When we were checking out a day early I asked about a refund for the unused day and after an hour of "checking" she was gracious enough to let me know that she talked to the manager and they were not going to charge me for the extra person that night we would not be staying. WOW.
However, the location is Incredible.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

The Prince Conti is a great place for a weekend getaway. It may not be overflowing with amenities, but it gives a cozy and traditional French Quarter feel. It's well located only a block from Bourbon, and within easy walking distance of so many great restuarants. Check out Jagerhouse for breakfast and/or coffee, and Broussards for a romantic dinner or dessert in the courtyard. Both are just across the street from the hotel.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

We combined a birthday celebration with a trip to a wedding. The hotel was immaculate and the room was spacious and decorated nicely. The Prince Conti is conviently located in the French Quarter just off Bourbon St, And three blocks from Canal St..
The Bombay Club Restaurant is located in the hotel and has an excellent menu. The service in the hotel and the restaurant was excellent. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Prince Conti Hotel? Share your experiences!