“Amazing Gem Right in the Middle of the French Quarter” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

You added Prince Conti Hotel to your Saves list
Prince Conti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekday Rates from $129
Ranked #48 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans
“Amazing Gem Right in the Middle of the French Quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband surprised me with a night in the French Quarter to celebrate my birthday. He chose the Prince Conti hotel based on its convenient location (right off Bourbon Street) and the many excellent reviews he found on the internet. Well, the reviews didn't lie. The hotel itself is half a block off Bourbon Street, very convenient if you plan on enjoying the bars or even hitting the galleries on Royal Street. Despite its central location, the hotel is pristine, charming, and quiet.

We checked in at 5:30 PM on a Friday and expected that might take a while; however, we were checked in and in our room in less than five minutes. Our room was spacious, cool, and comfortable, with a sofa, fridge, and microwave. The room was spotless and the furniture was well kept. We have had trouble before with the air conditioning not working well at some of the older hotels in the Quarter, but the air worked just fine in our room. We turned the thermostat down fairly low and returned after a night of partying to a cool and comfortable room.

A complimentary continental breakfast consisting of huge croissants and danishes, as well as coffee and orange juice, is available every morning until 10 AM. Much appreciated after a long night of drinking. Checkout was a breeze - took all of ten seconds and we were on our way.

I highly recommend this hotel to any discriminating traveler looking for a combination of convenience, value, and comfort in the French Quarter. We will definitely stay at the Prince Conti again in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
okeedokey17
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was in New Orleans for my sister's wedding and was disappointed that I wasn't able to get a room at a nearby hotel most of my family was in. I settled for the Conti, which was much less expensive. Little did I know I was actually quite lucky! The Conti is a small charming hotel with extremely friendly and helpful staff and terrific prices. The negotiated group rate for the wedding was only $79/night on the weekend and an additional stay Sunday night was only $59. We cancelled the Monday night stay at the last minute and the staff was friendly and gave us no problems. They held our bags all day Monday. Ms D's has a small continental breakfast available for free each morning- nothing to write home about but nice to get something to snack on. The location was conveniently near Bourbon street while still being very quiet. I highly recommend it!

Clearwater FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Prince Conti Hotel is nothing less and nothing more than what you need when staying in New Orleans. Service is friendly, the price is right, room is clean, sheets are soft. The room we had was a deluxe, which has a ceiling fan, that to ME was the icing on the cake as I am super used to sleeping with a ceiling fan going. It is literally 10 seconds away from Bourbon Street but you cannot hear any of the noise. The walls are thin and if someone is talking loudly in the next room you can hear a mumble, but this was not a problem. I had a good night sleep every night I was there. I don't see the point of spending an enourmous amount of money on a 5 star hotel (which we initially were intending on doing) when the point of New Orleans is to be out and about and then come back to a clean comfy room. They have continental breakfast which on some days there we took advantage of to have some more spare cash to spend on the town. This hotel does not have room service. This hotel is linked to the St Marie Hotel, which is two blocks over, and guests of the Conti can go to the Hotel St Marie, show your room key, the courtyard and swimming pool are yours to use.

el paso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

stayed at the prince conti for 5 nights/a most elegant spacious beautiful hotel.
staff were all courteous helpful beyond belief. desk clerk amy had a sparkling personality (and wit) and was our virgil for things to do/places to eat.
even the car parking valet eric was helpful with suggestions. everyone at the hotel
catered to us. would most certainly stay again/and recommend strongly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Prince Conti in room 104 which was like an apartment. It was very clean, very big, very nice and incredibly private. It has its own private courtyard which was awsome. The suite was an outstanding deal and the staff at the hotel were all incredibly friendly and helpful (thank you Amy). When we go back to NOLA, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else - although only one block from Bourbon Street it was quiet and in close proximity to everything. Of course, given the stellar price compared to the other hotels, I was leary to book, but was 100% satisfied with the hotel and am glad that I did.

atlanta, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I wasn't sure about staying here because of the price but I would suggest this hotel to anyone. We were out and about a lot, most of the time, but it sure was nice to return to. The location is great, the price even greater. And there is a 24 bar/restaurant (cafe dejavu) across the street that had pretty good food for cheap and next to that was a cute little euro cafe open from 8am until 10pm( jager haus) went there for coffee and breakfast, it was really pretty good and cheap. If your looking for a hotel that has a grand lobby, this isn't it. If your looking for a clean room, comfy bed, just somewhere to sleep, get a clean good shower, this is the place. I mean really your in new orleans, There is so much to see and do, do you really think your going to spend a lot of time in your room???? stay here!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

With an enormous pleasure, I´ am able to tell you that I found my second home in the heart of one of the places I like best in this world: New Orleans. PRINCE CONTI HOTEL is safe, clean, honest, friendly, very well-located, silent, charming and, mainly, responsible. Situated in the French Quarter and with a walking distance from everywhere you may want to go, offers their clients peace, understanding, care and a wonderful relation cost-benefit. If you have the priviledge to be with them, say hello in our names, Nilson Rego and Raul Sippel. Say Cindy we miss her. You’ll have a marvelous time! We will accept your grate hello when you get back. Best wishes and thank you very much, friends! Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans? We would never miss it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Prince Conti Hotel? Share your experiences!