“Very nice, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Save Saved
You added Prince Conti Hotel to your Saves list
Prince Conti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Announcement
New Bedding In All Rooms
Ranked #38 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very nice, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really liked this hotel-- It made me glad we didn't stay at a chain.

The hotel is small and old with lots of charm. It is not modern in its furnishings or finishes, but it is very clean and has modern in-room amenities like a flat screen TV and coffee maker. The bathroom fixtures are old, but I think it adds to the charm of the hotel. I wouldn't expect anything much different from a hotel in the French Quarter (unless it's a chain).

It's about 3/4 a block off of Bourbon Street, yet there is little street noise to be heard. The only noise pollution came from drunk people walking through the hotel hallways going to/from their rooms.

The staff we encountered were always pleasant and helpful.

Overall, I think this was a nice little hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Conti Street and elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Look, the hotels in NOLA aren't Disney Resorts or Vegas high end casino hotels, they're a different style. In my experience, you may have a great room or a bad room at any NOLA hotel....due to the age of the areas hotels, the rooms very for the most part. That said, the Conti is a great stay.

My room had no view, a broken TV and thin walls.I wasn't here for a view or TV and most hotels is the area have thin walls.

My room was clean, quite (no street noise) decorated in that authentic NOLA appeal, had a great staff, decent valet rate, AND A FANTASTIC LOCATION.

I could've paid $179 for the Royal Sonesta, the Saint, or Hotel Royal. I could've paid $266 for the Monteleone or Ritz....I have stayed at all of these great hotels, BUT the Conti was $112!!!! I rolled the dice, and couldn't be more happy or complimentary!

Room Tip: The interior rooms provide no view, but are very quiet.
Mansfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

we were pleasantly surprised by this little gem. The hotel is in need of a few upgrades, tv's and such. We walked in our room and quickly noticed how loud the hall noise was due to be close to elevator. we requested to be moved and was given a "no problem" and moved to another floor in a quiter area. The rooms are comfortable and beds are too. We were very pleased and will be back!

• Stayed August 2014
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our experience from the beginning to end was great. The front desk was very friendly and expedient. When we arrived to our room, we thought it was pretty small but we have everything we needed: TV, ironing board with iron, extremely clean. I tend to disinfect every perimeter of the room when I rent in a hotel. And every time I passed a disinfectant wipe even on the baseboards there was not a speak of dirt. The bathroom was super clean and the bathtub look like it was new. The carpet was dingy but I don't step on hotel carpets anyway. And I sprayed the place with Lysol. All in all the place was affordable, clean, it had a colonial era decoration, appropriate for the French Quarter area, staff was very nice. And located a corner away from bourbon street. The bar has a happy hour from 4-7 with great martinis for $3. They only thing it needs is a fridge or microwave. Will definitely recommend and return.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Parking isn't ideal for check-in if you don't have reservations. I got a ticket while i was checking in. Great location! We could walk to all the action. No breakfast but they have a little cafe next door. Beds were comfy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view otherwise you will be looking at a brick wall.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In NO for work we thought we'd stay at a hotel that was not a chain, that had original New Orleans feel, which Prince Conti definitely did. Do not go in expecting the hotel to be shiny or spacious but the junior suite was good size. Rooms across the driveway are a bit creepy but the hotel has a neat feel. The breakfast restaurant opens late for business travelers but it is worth the wait...the crepes are completely amazing! Shower pressure was little and it was tough to get the temp right. Convenient to the French Quarter. Service was good and prompt.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
La Crescenta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were very pleasantly surprised by the Prince Conti hotel. The price was great, the location is perfect, the room was excellent, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast/lunch cafe next door was very good a well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Prince Conti Hotel? Share your experiences!