“Good place, great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Save Saved
You added Prince Conti Hotel to your Saves list
Prince Conti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #33 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
New York City, New York
“Good place, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've stayed at the Prince Conti a dozen times over the past twenty years and most of my staff prefer it when they work at conventions in town. This trip was for JazzFest fun, so we paid a JazzFest price, but the increase was in line with increases all over town. The hotel has some antique charm to its small public spaces, but, generally, it's just a clean, well-equipped, well-priced hotel in a city where you want to spend most of your time out and about. New to us on this visit is a breakfast bar room where you order your food and take it to your table. Prices seemed a little high to us for this....the same cost as attentive table service elsewhere. And, the cleaning crew leaves at 2:00 on some days, at least, so you want to make sure you let them know when you're out for breakfast or lunch. Location is great, facilities are just fine, value is excellent.

Room Tip: The rooms in the former carriage house are larger, but you have to walk (and is some cases squeeze...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1,123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were in the Prince Conti between January 19-24. Even though our stay was during the "early" Mardi Gras experience, our room was quiet (probably because we were in the back), but still. When the staff discovered it was my wife's birthday, they gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne. We had no idea that such a reasonably-priced hotel would do that. The king bed was extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back if there during Mardi Gras, unless you want the opportunity of noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
North Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We just returned home yesterday from 5 days and nights at the Prince Conti. We stayed in a two bed junior suite because it has a refrigerator and a microwave. We ended up not using the refrigerator and microwave but the larger size made it worth it since 1 day was cold and rainy. The staff was friendly and helpful although one person at the desk was pushing the Oceana for supper and offered discount cards with her name on them. This made us not ask her for any further suggestions. The rest of the staff seemed to have our best interest in mind when asking for information. The hotel is old but it was great for what we needed and the location is great. Within a block of Bourbon Street but we asked for a quiet room and had no noise issues.
Pros: Location-location-location, in room safes, junior suites were roomy with refrigerator and microwave, luggage check after check out if you don't have to leave for the airport immediately
Cons: blankets are thin but there is a thermostat in the room, the free wifi never had a signal strong enough to use, bathroom is very small

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from street noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I took my first trip to New Orleans last month. I have heard a lot about New Orleans and my hopes were high for a memorable mix of history and fun, but I wasn't exactly sure where I should stay. I chose the Prince Conti because I read that it was in the French Quarter and many of the reviews were quite positive. I am thankful that I did. From the moment I made the phone call asking where I should park, I was greeted by friendly staff instructing me to pull in to the hotel and that they would take care of the rest. The remainder of my visit was similar in tone. The people I encountered were very friendly, the property itself is beautiful, and my room was very nice. I was also pleased that the hotel is located very close to the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street while still being far enough away to be quiet. I have zero complaints about the Prince Conti Hotel. The warmth and friendliness of the staff, coupled with the atmosphere, made the experience really "feel" like local, historical New Orleans.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Second visit. Will always choose to come back here. Nice rooms, comfy beds, very clean, plush towels, excellent bath products. Staff were wonderful. Best hotel best value in the Quarter.

Cafe Conti serves delectable breakfasts and housemade to-die-for blueberry muffins.

• Stayed April 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Prince Conti hotel, 1/2 block north of Bourbon Street is a comfortable and affordable recently redecorated and refurbished. Lots of exposed brickwork and very high ceilings. Everything works ! Goodly number of routers ( 7 or 8 ) give good complementary wifi coverage. New mattresses and pillows as well as linens. Great staff, helpful, friendly and proud of New Orleans. Very nice breakfast and lunch shop and 20 steps from the covered lobby entrance, The Bombay Club...an almost "private" martini bar, classy restaurant and jazz spot, decorated in dark woods, brass and leather furniture. Hide-away dining alcoves with curtains to enforce privacy are also available...hey, its New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room,away from the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed at the Prince Conti Hotel while visiting NOLA with the family for Easter. I've been to NOLA numerous times, but everyone else was new to the city. I chose Prince Conti based on it's central location, affordable price and good reviews.

Arrived early and they didn't have a room available. They happily checked our bags and we headed out to explore. The hotel called within an hour or so to let us know our rooms were ready. When I got to the room, I was underwhelmed. Our room faced Conti and was directly adjacent to the elevator.

Throughout our stay, the hotel grew on me more and more. Yes, you hear street noise. Yes, you can hear people in the hallway. But I didn't really notice the elevator noise at all. I thought the room was clean and comfortable. The only real complaint is that hot water was a little sketchy in the mornings.

The hotel worked well for our family, but I'm not sure this would be my go-to for Mardi Gras. But a great place for a weekend getaway!

Room Tip: Avoid Conti-facing room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Prince Conti Hotel? Share your experiences!