“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

You added Prince Conti Hotel to your Saves list
Prince Conti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Special Rate
$89 Weekday Rates
Ranked #44 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
North Canton, Ohio
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We just returned home yesterday from 5 days and nights at the Prince Conti. We stayed in a two bed junior suite because it has a refrigerator and a microwave. We ended up not using the refrigerator and microwave but the larger size made it worth it since 1 day was cold and rainy. The staff was friendly and helpful although one person at the desk was pushing the Oceana for supper and offered discount cards with her name on them. This made us not ask her for any further suggestions. The rest of the staff seemed to have our best interest in mind when asking for information. The hotel is old but it was great for what we needed and the location is great. Within a block of Bourbon Street but we asked for a quiet room and had no noise issues.
Pros: Location-location-location, in room safes, junior suites were roomy with refrigerator and microwave, luggage check after check out if you don't have to leave for the airport immediately
Cons: blankets are thin but there is a thermostat in the room, the free wifi never had a signal strong enough to use, bathroom is very small

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from street noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I took my first trip to New Orleans last month. I have heard a lot about New Orleans and my hopes were high for a memorable mix of history and fun, but I wasn't exactly sure where I should stay. I chose the Prince Conti because I read that it was in the French Quarter and many of the reviews were quite positive. I am thankful that I did. From the moment I made the phone call asking where I should park, I was greeted by friendly staff instructing me to pull in to the hotel and that they would take care of the rest. The remainder of my visit was similar in tone. The people I encountered were very friendly, the property itself is beautiful, and my room was very nice. I was also pleased that the hotel is located very close to the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street while still being far enough away to be quiet. I have zero complaints about the Prince Conti Hotel. The warmth and friendliness of the staff, coupled with the atmosphere, made the experience really "feel" like local, historical New Orleans.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Second visit. Will always choose to come back here. Nice rooms, comfy beds, very clean, plush towels, excellent bath products. Staff were wonderful. Best hotel best value in the Quarter.

Cafe Conti serves delectable breakfasts and housemade to-die-for blueberry muffins.

• Stayed April 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Prince Conti hotel, 1/2 block north of Bourbon Street is a comfortable and affordable recently redecorated and refurbished. Lots of exposed brickwork and very high ceilings. Everything works ! Goodly number of routers ( 7 or 8 ) give good complementary wifi coverage. New mattresses and pillows as well as linens. Great staff, helpful, friendly and proud of New Orleans. Very nice breakfast and lunch shop and 20 steps from the covered lobby entrance, The Bombay Club...an almost "private" martini bar, classy restaurant and jazz spot, decorated in dark woods, brass and leather furniture. Hide-away dining alcoves with curtains to enforce privacy are also available...hey, its New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room,away from the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed at the Prince Conti Hotel while visiting NOLA with the family for Easter. I've been to NOLA numerous times, but everyone else was new to the city. I chose Prince Conti based on it's central location, affordable price and good reviews.

Arrived early and they didn't have a room available. They happily checked our bags and we headed out to explore. The hotel called within an hour or so to let us know our rooms were ready. When I got to the room, I was underwhelmed. Our room faced Conti and was directly adjacent to the elevator.

Throughout our stay, the hotel grew on me more and more. Yes, you hear street noise. Yes, you can hear people in the hallway. But I didn't really notice the elevator noise at all. I thought the room was clean and comfortable. The only real complaint is that hot water was a little sketchy in the mornings.

The hotel worked well for our family, but I'm not sure this would be my go-to for Mardi Gras. But a great place for a weekend getaway!

Room Tip: Avoid Conti-facing room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
medford lakes, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Small, conveniently located hotel with just awesome front desk and other hotel personnel. they were friendly, professional and efficient. Hotel is just one block from Bourbon Street so it is a quiet area. go to Jacques Imo's for a wonderful dinner. The front desk people (sorry I forgot her name, but she was awesome) will give you great instructions. You can take a streetcar to get there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

the hotel is located in the quarter, nearer to the cbd, walking to distance to almost everything. we even walked to bywater and the garden district. i was reluctant to book a place so close to bourbon street, but you hear nothing in the hotel, and barely anything just outside of the hotel. staff were very friendly so i hate the rag on the hotel.

we got the most basic room so we weren't expecting magnificence or anything. the size was good enough. the view is of the wall of the neighboring building and central ac unit. so even though it was cloudless every day, the room was pretty dark all the time. we can live without a view, but natural light isn't such a bad thing to have. i guess an upside with the room being so dim, you don't really notice how dingy the carpet is. you can see near the wall what color it used to be. hard to tell if it's been cleaned and it's just old or does need a cleaning. the bathroom wasn't perfectly clean. the bathtub had cracked, chipped caulking all around, which had collected mildew.

a common complaint with all hotels of course is sound. it wasn't so much that we could hear our direct neighbors but people across the hall and in the hall. we were located across the elevator where people loitered. they sounded like they were right in your room.

big plus = free wifi. another big plus = super comfy bed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Prince Conti Hotel? Share your experiences!