“Clean Rooms, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Save Saved
You added Prince Conti Hotel to your Saves list
Prince Conti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
$79 Weekday Rates
Ranked #35 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Manitoba
“Clean Rooms, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This is an older property, small, but well kept rooms. That is part of its charm! The staff is wonderful and accommodating. Room rates are very reasonable. It is in a perfect location, close to Bourbon street, but far enough away to get away from the noise at night. We were very pleased with this choice.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

1,170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Bellaire, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

From the moment we arrived, we were convinced that we had made a good choice. The staff was outstanding from top to bottom (genuinely friendly and helpful). Our room was nice, clean & comfortable. Could have used a fridge, but no big deal.
On-site Bombay Club was special though a bit pricey but what the heck, it was nice to get away from the hustle/bustle of Bourbon St. Breakfast at the on-site cafe was OK but I prefer grits with my eggs, rather than potatoes. My wife (a New Yorker) says "hold the grits".
We agree with most reviewers about the hotel location; i.e. central & convenient to everything.
This hotel will certainly be our first choice in every future visit.

A&E of Bellaire, TX

Yorktown Heights, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my second time at this hotel and both times I LOVED IT! First off I really have to give props to CINDY at the front desk. She was a real pleasure ! Anything I asked for ( and i do have a habit of asking a lot of questions when i first check in) she had no problem helping me with. Everything from my check in .... questions during my stay .... and check out. I was also real impressed and touched when I called the hotel after I returned home and she knew exactly who I was and where I was from .... really nice :)

Hotel is no doubt a 'hidden gem' Location is perfect! Right around the corner from Boubon Street and within walking distance to a lot of the 'hot spots' in the city. The rooms and interior of the hotel are beautiful! The only challenge I had with my room was that there were really not enough outlits to charge or run things .... but then again I picked a 'petite room' to save $$ this time ..

I had the misfortune of getting in town a day late due to a snow storm in New York, but everybody I worked with at RESERVATIONS did everything they could to make up for it .... I actually added an additional day to the end of my trip to make up for the day lost and Barbara was real helpful. (I have to say I had communication with BARBARA several times before my arrival and she was great)

Second time I stood here and will not be my last ! HIGHLY RECOMMEND :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Pipersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

First time in New Orleans, and had a good time. The hotel is older, but clean and the staff is very friendly. We were there when they were working on the elevator, seems this a problem for them, but we did not mind going up the stairs as it helped to work off the food we had all day. The main lobby had computer access to all of the airlines, so when could do online check in and print out our tickets there. It's location was great, just off of Bourbon street and not far to Frenchman Market. The cafe food was fresh and very good. The staff in the cafe was very friendly.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at the Prince Conti during Mardi Gras, which is a hard time for any staff in New Orleans to accommodate so many visitors. But the staff of the Prince Conti provided amazing service: everyone from the room cleaning service to the front desk, from the Mardi Gras special security to the kitchen and waitstaff in the Cafe Conti across the carriageway. We would highly recommend the Prince Conti (and all Valentino properties, as they are obviously well managed and employ happy staff). Rooms were clean, spacious, had vending and ice available, and the food at the nearby Cafe Conti was a first rate local experience every morning for breakfast and tea. Good location 1 block off the heart of Bourbon traffic but without the noise from the street. Excellent!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Culturally located in the French Quarter, we enjoyed the free wifi in our modest and pleasant room and used the free printer in the lobby. I misunderstood reservation sites which publicise "laundry facilities" as there are no guest use laundry facilities at this property but we were directed to and used the laundry a good walk away - around $10 and 2 hours later our laundry had been washed, dried and folded for collection, yey! We found the best rate online direct with Prince Conti and when it reduced closer to our arrival, an email enquiry secured us an even cheaper rate. We ate breakfast in the cafe once, thereafter deciding choice and value for money could be found on surrounding blocks. However, we frequented the bar twice for cocktails, one of those times enjoying live music as well - the cocktail menu is EXTENSIVE. Everything we knew about New Orleans was summed up in the French Quarter and while it took the first day to get used to the sleaze, the disturbing smells, the roadworks everywhere and to actually feel safe, to have stayed anywhere else would hve been 1/10 the experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was a great place - folks were really wonderful. Its older, so its a little smaller room, and older looking- but comfortable bed, and quiet nights sleep. When we were there the main elevator was down, so the bellhop took us up the service elevator - great guy. They have valet parking which you will need (additional cost). Its steps from Burbon St. but far enough that the noise is low.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Prince Conti Hotel? Share your experiences!