“Top Notch Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Save Saved
You added Prince Conti Hotel to your Saves list
Prince Conti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Announcement
New Bedding In All Rooms
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Richmond, Virginia
“Top Notch Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is just steps from Bourbon Street and within easy walking distance of most of the things you could want to do in New Orleans. The price is excellent even when you factor in parking a car. I can honestly say the staff at this hotel are some of the best I have encountered in the industry and I am EXTREMELY hard to please in terms of customer service. Everyone was warm, friendly, and willing to offer helpful suggestions for things to do and places to eat. We even encountered one of the valets while we were walking around and he stopped to ask us how our stay was going and if we were having a good time. The room is nice size for people who have shared a room before (dorm room, couples who share a bed room, good friends) but may be a little small for co-workers in town for business. This was my first time in New Orleans, but I plan to return and the Prince Conti will be my hotel of choice. The only negative this I have to say about this hotel is the doors don't have the auto-closing mechanism that many modern hotels have so you have to make sure you close the door firmly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is in one of the best locations in the city. It is just a block off of Bourbon Street and close to the French Quarter, Canal Street, the waterfront, and a short trolley/bus ride from all of the other New Orleans attractions. It is not the most fancy of hotels, but it is clean. Everyone we came into contact with was friendly and helpful. With a little work this could be an amazing hotel. The parking is expensive, but it is on par with all of the other French Quarter hotels. Yes, it is older and the furniture and linens could use some updating, but the bed was comfortable and it was clean. I was nervous about staying here based on some of the other reviews, but this is a nice, quiet hotel and great for someone who wants to stay in the Quarter for a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Ok, I will start by saying I have been to New Orleans like 10 times in my life (and I will go 10 more before I turn 50). I have stayed most of the time in the French Quarter area since that's where the fun is. This was my very first time at the Prince Conti and my experience was very nice.

My trip started by getting to the hotel and finding out my cousin had brought a wrong suitcase from the airport. In any other moment I would have freaked out, but hey, I was in NOLA and nothing was going to ruin my trip.

I went down to the front desk and the desk manager helped me ALL THE WAY! She got me in contact with an American Airlines rep, she got me an Airport Shuttle at close to 7 p.m. to get me to the airport (and back) in order to return the wrong bag and get the right one. This was customer service at it's finest.

Now to the hotel. It is conveniently located within a 30 second walk to Bourbon St., but not in the street itself which was great because we didn't have to get all the noise in the street (hey, it's Rue Bourbon, so you know it will be noisy).

This is an old hotel and there are some things that should be taken care of. They do need to change things like carpets and maybe some of the mattresses, but besides that, everything was clean, the bathroom had a good size, the room had a safe and I barely heard the people that walked in the hallways. And the deal that we got for the night was one, if not the best, so close to Bourbon St.

Maybe all the hotel needs is a little bit of TLC, but besides that, the staff and location made it the perfect spot to be for our 5 day trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Just back from New Orleans for the first time. My boyfriend and I stayed 3 nights at this charming French Quarter hotel. This hotel is just off of Bourbon Street and within walking distance of many restaurants and Jackson Square. Its super close (literally turn the corner) from all the bars and partying on Bourbon Street, great for if you want to party then stumble back to your hotel. The staff was nice and most importantly the room and bathroom were clean and the air conditioning worked!! I also got a non-smoking room as requested. My only complaint is that the bed was not super comfortable (firm and springy) and the pillows were flat (but we had 5 of them), but it was tolerable for a few nights; especially for the price and location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I came to this hotel fleeing a very unsatisfactory experience with another hotel. I was greeted at the front desk by Miss Ava, who managed to provide me with a very nice, spacious, clean , and comfortable room for seven nights. While she was searching for available rooms, she simultaneously resolved three separate issues for three other folks with personal focus, warmth, and lightning speed. This lady can multi-task with elan! All the staff I interacted with were quality people. The hotel itself is located within easy walking distance of everything in the French Quarter. While Bourbon Street is only a block away, the hotel itself is very quiet. I found the Prince Conti Hotel to be an excellent vacation experience, and a terrific value. My thanks all the folks at the Prince Conti.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

This place is exactly the kind of place you want to stay at when in new Orleans. It has nice architecture and details, the rooms are clean and has central air. The service is great and the staff is very helpful. I would definitely recommend this to people to stay in if they plan on drinking on bourbon street; you can just stumble to your hotel room and pass out.

I would not recommend this for families or anyone who has a hard time sleeping. It is extremely close to bourbon street, where the parties and noise are!

• Stayed August 2012
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

From parking, food, booze , fun , ambiance... everything is a stone's throw. Courteous staff. Was easy to extend stay. Has a nice cafeteria as well. It made the trip to NOLA even more enjoyable and infact was one of the reason for the extended stay. Next time I am not driving back from the NOLA the very night, I know where am headed

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Prince Conti Hotel? Share your experiences!