“Excellent Service & Facility @ Prince Conti” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

You added Prince Conti Hotel to your Saves list
Prince Conti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekday Rates from $99
Ranked #51 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Service & Facility @ Prince Conti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I wrote a ;note of commendation after 8 of us stayed at the Prince Conti in December. 2 had to stay elsewhere. It was friends and family from Wa., Ohio and Baton Rouge. The physical facility is very nice, with nice rooms and hallways and lobby, a good restaurant and parking. The staff were unbelievably good, from the front desk people to the parking to the restaurant. We even ran into some of the staff in the French Quarter and had a good time visiting with them. It is nice that they obviously really liked their work at the Prince Conti. A very positive experience and still reasonable. Also, right in the heart of everything. We were able to walk everywhere. Many thanks to wonderful management and staff! Pat Coryell PS: we did have a dog with us and since they aren't allowed inside he had a good place to stay in the covered pickup bed, was safe there and we took him with us outside, as appropriate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I love this hotel. I've stayed here for most of my visits to New Orleans and have yet to have a bad experience. Friendly staff, clean hotel, and excellent location (close enough to Bourbon but not too close)!

Room Tip: If you want to ensure that you can't hear any street noise ask for a room that's not facing...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Though my family always stayed at the old Downtowner (now the Inn on Bourbon by Ramada) at Bourbon and Toulouse, I have found a new oasis in a city of fun yet chaotic noise and commotion, and it's half a block from Bourbon Street.

The Prince Conti is a GORGEOUS old Southern and very classy hotel with more charm and characted than you would ever imagine looking at its rather austere facade on Conti Street.

The rooms are very spacious and have 15' ceilings and drapes, the furniture is a bit "dated" but very clean, and by that one wouldn't expect modern stylings in such an old building with so much character. The furniture fits the architecture. Even the doors to the rooms are quqite beautiful with their ornately carved woodwork grilles. The bathrooms are newly and beautifully restored and fitted with marble, ceramic tile and gleaming white fixtures.

Now a note on the size of the rooms: most are what I would consider a very spacious room, and no doubt the ceiling height helps this. But they have a handful of "petite" rooms, and they are not kidding! They are smaller than the cabin on a cruise ship. You step in the door, you can set your luggage down and either step into the bathroom or sit on the bed, not much more in all honesty! And the price differences between them and the other normal rooms is not that great.

There are also two restaurants, Cafe Conti and the Bombay Club (the latter of which is pricey but very elegant and serves true and authentic Creole cuisine). Literally right across the street, like 30 feet from the front door, is a fantastic German restaurant called Jager-Haus. Delicious for breakfast, lunch and dinner (dinner is a bit pricey but you can get a coupon on the tourist map at the front desk of the hotel) and the other, a true French restaurant of the old world charm and order: Broussard's.

The staff is marvelously helpful and friendly, from Cindy at the front desk and Van at t he Bellman's stand during the days, to the ladies on the night shift (I apologize but forgot their names!) and even Mr. Valentino, the owner and manager who truly made me feel welcome and valued as a new guest.

The location could not be better, and the major sights to see and tour are either walking distance or available via taxi, horse and carriage or arrangements by the very helpful and capable desk and concierge staff. The Conti Museum of New Orleans History is only two blocks from the front doors of the hotel in the opposite direction from Bourbon Streetm and two blocks beyond that is the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which is the former St. Anthony of Padua French Mortuary Chapel ating from 1827 and also containing the Shrine of St. Jude, on the corner of Conti and Rampart Street. It is a small and unassuming church but extremely rich in New Orleans/Yellow Fever Epedemic and Archdiocesan history. Behind the Church, across Basin Street and inside the white concrete wall, is St. Louis Cemetery #1, the oldest and one of the famous above ground cemeteries in New Orleans, and also the final resting place of Voodoo Queen Marie Laveaux (if you're into that).

The other beautiful thing about the PCH's location is that, though literally half a block from Bourbon Street, when one enters their room at night, it is QUIET as opposed to those hotels right on Bourbon. A real retreat and place of beauty and serenity.

My only constructive comments, NOT complaints, are that 1) the mattress in my room was very soft. I only say this because I prefer a firmer mattress due to chronic back issues, but I slept rather well, and 2) the lamp shades might need replacing soon due to the carelessness of past guests and just years of use, and by that I am referring more to the interior linings, and 3) they should get firmer, overstuffed feather or other types of pillows. I don't care for those thin foam pillows that really don't breathe well.

The A/C in each room is WONDERFUL as are the large-sized ceiling fans. Hey- it is New Orleans and one of the hottest and most humid climates in the country! Regarding the price, I am not making the salary I once was (who is anymore?) so a lesser cost would have really helped me out alot, but it is what it is and I did have a good time. I judge hotels by the following criteria: 1) location, 2) my feeling of safety, 3) condition of the property and rooms and, most importantly: 4) would my mother stay there? She would in spades at this one!

The hotel is perfection and one would be doing themselves very well to stay there and give it a try. (Well, perfection except for the juvenile-acting drunks staggering in from Bourbon Street at 4 and 5 AM!)

THANK YOU Prince Conti staff and Mr. Valentino for a simply fantastic and quite-pleasantly surprising experience. I have only been home a few hours and am already thinking about when I can sneak back down there for a few days and stay at the Prince COnti and enjoy the sights, sounds (and tastes!) of Nouvelle Orleans again.

Room Tip: 1) do not get one of the "petite" rooms unless you really love indescribably small sleepin...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We took advantage of a super low rate from a "Papa Noel Special" for the month of December.
We checked in late on Christmas Day and the staff were so pleasant and nice. We stayed on the second floor in the back annex and I would recommend that room to anyone. We basically had our own floor and the room was huge, but without the noise you might expect from being so close to Bourbon st. The front desk gave us coupons for the breakfast restaurant and the staff was so accommodating. On the last day they let us check out and leave our bags at the front desk while we went out sight-seeing before we left on our cruise ship.

Room Tip: If you are a couple , ask to stay in the back annex in a King Bed Deluxe room (only one King size b...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Hotel was average at best. Location is good and close to Bourbon Stress. Rooms are small and the staff was not very friendly.

Room Tip: I would stay there again if I was traveling by myself.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Montrose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

The Prince Conti was a pleasant surprise. You can't beat the location being a half block from Bourbon street! And once you went into your room, you really couldn't hear the noise from Bourbon so you could still get your sleep. The rooms were clean and comfortable - my only complaint would be the small, flat, pillows - but that's a personal preference. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. They run a secure establishment so you don't have to worry about the room next to you being full of 8 people instead of only 2. I would highly recommend this hotel and I wouldn't stay anywhere different on my next trip to NOLA.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a window, otherwise you may get one without!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Last year I was there with some girlfriends for the Essence Festival weekend I wouldn't recommend this hotel to no one because it must of had mole in it because I could not stop coughing when I was there. Then we were told that we were disrupting other people when have the time we wasn't in the room except to sleep. When we told them that we was not there they still accused us when the noise was coming from another room, which we made no complaint because they was just enjoying them self. Reminder that we was there from Friday to that Monday and that when we was told that by the front desk manager on the last night of staying there. Their customer service was the worst and very augmentative. I hope they realize that the customer is always right. What better way to get the point across we wont patronize them and we will tell everyone of our experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
mcharlesnola, Owner at Prince Conti Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
The hotel responded to guest complaints of noise and disturbance from this guest room. In order to preserve the quiet and comfort of our hotel, this guest was required to stop the noise and disturbances, on several occasions. Once eviction was mentioned as the next consequence, the noise and disturbance to other guests ended. Hence, this review.

Been to Prince Conti Hotel? Share your experiences!