From the moment we checked into this hotel, we were treated like special guests. We arrived earlier than check-in - around 11:30 a.m. Our rooms were ready. We asked to have our rooms close to each other and it was no problem. The only complaint I had I about the room itself was that the shower was only so-so. But the location was excellent.
Another review mentioned Malcolm and he is wonderful. This is also one of the few hotels that I saw cabs lined up at - so if you wanted to travel out of the quarter you very easily could.
On the second day, a group of young highschoolers moved onto our hall and proceeded to spend the day and night (at least when we were there) running around, screaming and slamming doors. We spoke to Darin at the front desk and asked if we could move to possibly a balcony room (fingers were crossed!!!) We were moved into a parlor suite with a balcony on the 3rd floor overlooking Bourbon St! A parlor suite does not have a bed, but it has a pull out sofa bed, and then they come in and make for you with a real mattress and turn down service. There is also a wet bar and tile throughout. They are twice as big as the regular rooms. It was amazing!!!!
We called down to roomservice for some plastic cups as you can't take glass or cans on the balconies, and they brought us up a sleeve free of charge! And anytime we called housekeeping they came right away.
Check out was a breeze. They also checked our baggage for us while we wandered around the quarter, waiting for our flight. We were handed into our cab on Sunday evening with the same friendly smiles that greeted us on Thursday, bidding us to come visit them again!
I will definitely stay at the Royal Sonesta again. I would recommend it to anyone. I will say this - hotel staff are not psychic. If you feel you need something fixed, be specific. Ask for what you want. Chances are you will get it. I found that especially at the Royal Sonesta that they will do what they can to make things right.
Definitely ask Malcolm if you have any questions about the city. The concierge desk is amazingly helpful and patient too. I just can't say enough nice things!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Hotel is an Authentic New Orleans Experience located in the heart of the French Quarter on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 500-room hotel features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, Orbitz, Reservation Counter, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel