The front desk and lobby staff (when there) are all very happy and strive hard to make sure you have what you need. (Sometimes after hours it was hard to find anyone)
Typical rooms are a bit smaller than shown on website, and because this is an historic hotel, it lacks many expected business traveler amenities. -- no in room coffee, no fridge, no free wifi.
Room was clean and well made up, but they have a policy to save water based on where you leave towels. Staff just replaced everything - nothing hurts worse than having a policy that your staff don't follow.
The hotel can be a bit noisy when the bars close - from midnight to 3 am, as bourbon street revelers return to roost.
I would have been much happier had some of the staff also been more polite. In PJ's the only place to get coffee in the morning, the lady got my order wrong twice and then complained to her co worker - like I couldn't hear - that she hated customers who changed their orders.... that one event left me frustrated. ( I ordered cafe Au lait, and got mocha something then cappuccino .. this is not rocket science) -- don't make the customer to blame for your incompetence.
Overall, for the FQ, I have stayed at 2 other hotels, and this would be the one I return to - albeit not necessarily for business as it is not up to "modern" standards. For a trip to NO, this is a great location and a good hotel, close to everything you need to be close to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Hotel is an Authentic New Orleans Experience located in the heart of the French Quarter on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 500-room hotel features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Reservation Counter, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , BookingOdigeoWL, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel