The Royal Sonesta is a lovely hotel with fine service, clean rooms, and good location, even though it is located on Bourbon Street. I particularly enjoyed breakfasts in the hotel restaurant where service was the best I have had in ages.
The New Orleans French Quarter, on the other hand, has become disgracefully dirty. Trash, the stench, and filth is all around the hotel. Talented street musicians still perform, great food is still served all over, and shopping is fun, but how much longer will it last if the city doesn't clean up its act? The areas on Decatur Street were cleaner, so if you are staying at this hotel, go toward the river and then toward Jackson Square for a better part of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Hotel is an Authentic New Orleans Experience located in the heart of the French Quarter on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 500-room hotel features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel