For many people Bourbon Street is the attraction of New Orleans' French Quarter, but if you have been there once or twice chances are you are sick of it. It is raucous day and night year round. The Royal Sonesta is really right in the heart of the action. I really like the hotel but I find its location its only drawback because it gets too crazy on Bourbon Street and I always enter and exit through a side entrance and not the hotel's front on Bourbon. Also I make sure I DON'T get a room overlooking Bourbon.
Everything else about the hotel is great. Even though it is large the staff is really friendly, professional and willing to help with anything. The restaurants on property are excellent from R'Evolution to the Oyster Bar to the coffee house. Nice pool and courtyard areas. We had a meeting there and the meeting staff executed things very well
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Hotel is an Authentic New Orleans Experience located in the heart of the French Quarter on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 500-room hotel features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel