We recently spent a night at the Royal Sonesta, and we really enjoyed our stay. From the moment we pulled up, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The folks at the front desk, and all of the bellmen were very helpful, and made us feel welcome. When we had questions about the area, they were more than happy to give us the information we needed. Most importantly, the rooms were clean and well maintained, the beds were comfortable, and the pool was in great shape. Here's a quick breakdown:
Pros: Clean rooms, comfortable beds, very pleasant and helpful staff, nice pool area.
Cons: Some very minor things. First, there were cars parked along the entrance tunnel that descends into the parking garage, which made it a bit difficult to maneuver down the entrance. Also, the comforters on the bed are rather thick, which can make the bed a bit too warm (but, this is very common in most hotels these days, and is easily fixed by removing the comforter). Also, I heard a couple of rowdy patrons walking down the hallway after midnight (but, what do you expect - you're staying on Bourbon Street!). However, please note that those Cons are very minor and are greatly outweighed by the Pros of the hotel.
The only thing we did not get to experience during our stay was the food at the restaurants in the hotel. However, I hear that the restaurants are very good.
All in all, I would definitely recommend the Royal Sonesta if you are staying in the French Quarter. We will certainly be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta Hotel is an Authentic New Orleans Experience located in the heart of the French Quarter on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 500-room hotel features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, BookIt.com, Reservation Counter, Venere and Otel so you can book your Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel