“Outstanding Service From Nicole” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Guest Select Package
Ranked #16 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding Service From Nicole”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I made a reservation at another hotel for me, my wife and my youngest daughter, who had never been to New Orleans. When we arrived, I was appalled, and knew I had to find another place to stay right away. Royal Sonesta was just around the corner. When I entered the hotel, I was greeted by an amazing array of Christmas trees and lights that immediately told me that I had chosen the correct spot; however, that was just the beginning. Nicole, one of the front desk personnel, personally showed me 2 different rooms at my request, and I ended up booking a suite. She gave me what I felt was a terrific rate on short notice, and generally gave me the type of service that you might receive from a concierge at a 5-star resort, if you were lucky. I will absolutely stay at Royal Sonesta again, and I hope somehow Nicole gets the recognition from this review that she deserves !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Colleen M, Manager at Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Michael,
Thank you for this review regarding your first visit to the Royal Sonesta Hotel in New Orleans, and the outstanding five star service you received from Nicole at the front desk. I am pleased to know she provided you a “royal” experience. The Royal Sonesta consistently strives to create an authentic New Orleans experience with the dining and entertainment experiences our guests have always imagined by offering the highest level of customer service possible. Inspiring comments such as yours reaffirm that we are reaching that goal. We truly value your patronage Michael and look forward to serving you again.

1,909 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Turkish first
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in July. The location was incredible. Walking distance to Jackson Square, street cars, Canal Street, and the French Market. The craziness of Bourbon Street is right outside the front door. Inside the hotel is a totally different atmosphere. We had a courtyard room on the pool level. Our back door opened right on the walkway to go to the pool, or just to the pool bar. There are multiple dining options, ranging from coffee shop to high end steakhouse. Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Lounge was very nice, and Mayfield himself walked in and performed one night.

The reason we chose this hotel was because we knew everything we needed was on site. So, if the weather was bad, and we had two days of heavy rain, all we had to do was ride down the elevator, and everything we needed was right there.

The cost was more than I usually pay for hotels, but it was worth it. The location was great, and the experience was unforgettable. I lived in New Orleans when I was a kid. This was my first trip as an adult. I WILL BE BACK.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin, reviews like yours are exactly what we strive for! We are thrilled to know that you loved the authentic New Orleans experience that you found all within our doors at the Royal Sonesta Hotel. Thank you for sharing your “unforgettable” visit to the Crescent City and we look forward to welcoming you back many times in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This is the only place I stay when visiting the French Quarter. My husband and I love the service and the high quality of all it's amenities. The hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. We make sure to visit our Sonesta family at least twice a year.

• Stayed December 2012
ACT_ARM, reading your review really made our day! The Royal Sonesta consistently strives to create an authentic New Orleans experience with the dining and entertainment experiences our guests have always imagined by offering the highest level of customer service possible. Inspiring comments such as yours reaffirm that we are reaching that goal. Thank you for your feedback and know that we truly value your patronage.
Newton, MA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Let's face it. If you're over the age of 22, Bourbon Street is seedy. It may be fun, it may be wild, it may be the easiest place in the world to get hammered, but it is seedy. It is thus quite surprising to find the Royal Sonesta situated on this very street, and yet there it is, an island of class in a sea of debauchery.

The lobby is large and lovely, the staff was courteous and friendly and the room was quite nice. It wasn't overly large, but it was large enough. My particular room faced an inner courtyard, so it was completely immune to the noise of Bourbon street. However, I heard from other guests who had rooms facing Bourbon street that they could hear the noise.

One of the best parts of the hotel is the jazz bar right off the lobby. It played host to some excellent musicians and had a well stocked bar. It did attract an older crowd, so if that isn't your scene, there are plenty of other options down the street. It is Bourbon Steet after all.

Room Tip: Get one that doesn't face Bourbon Street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Metlz86, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Royal Sonesta Hotel and taking the time to share your feedback on our location, friendly team, and the entertainment in Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse. Please come back to see us next time you’re in New Orleans!
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Beautiful hotel, great pool, excellent location (except if you want to sleep in blissful quiet. It's right on Bourbon Street). We booked a balcony room and got just what we requested except you share most balconies with two or three other rooms. Bring earplugs or a sound machine because even if you are on the side street, the action is loud and goes on most of the night. Customer service at check-in/check-out was the weakest part of the experience. You would think that this aspect would require the best and most well-trained employees.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brett, we appreciate your taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, as they provide us with the information necessary to evaluate our performance. We apologize for the level of service you received from members of our front desk during your stay. This is certainly not the normal manner in which we operate our Front Desk and we sincerely apologize. The Royal Sonesta strives to exceed guest expectations by providing the highest level of customer service possible. Brett, because we truly value your patronage, we hope that you consider revisiting us to experience the Royal Sonesta in the manner intended.
Bismarck
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I just spent the weekend at the Royal Sonesta. Our first impression as we entered the hotel lobby was wow! Beautiful Christmas decorations and trees in every direction. Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse right there where we watched the amazing Germaine Bazzle. Our room was a little on the small size but adequate for our stay. Centrally located allowed us to easily walk to the marketplace or anywhere else we wanted. If you wanted craziness it is right outside the hotel if you want quaint shops and restaurants go 1 block south to Royal. Staff was helpful and pleasant. Some reviewers have complained about the noise, we had a courtyard facing room and only heard the occasional person in the hallway. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms avoid the business of Bourbon Street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just enjoyed a long weekend at the Royal Sonesta. We had a courtyard room overlooking the pool which was great. I'm sure the rooms right on Bourbon Street would be loud, especially on a Fri or Sat night. Great location in the heart of everything French Quarter. My wife was able to get a coupon book at check in that had a lot of good deals we used. Look forward to returning one day.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms will be quieter but if you like the action try to get a room on Bourbon Street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!