“Deserving of top rating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mazarin

You added Hotel Mazarin to your Saves list
Hotel Mazarin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   730 Bienville St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off & Free Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Deserving of top rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

As I live close to New Orleans, I often go for the weekend and like to try different places to stay. Based on T.A. rating, I booked one night at Hotel Mazarin after a night in Biloxi for a concert. From my initial contact with their very accommodating representatives, Larry and Nina, to my check-out the next morning, everything was perfect. We had an interior room which reduced the F.Q. noise significantly. The attached Patrick's Bar Vin was a nice spot for libations and the breakfast was above the standard. Our room was roomy and very clean. Rate was very reasonable and parking added $34 which is about standard for this location. I would stay again.

1 Thank BluesDoctor

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our room was beautiful (marble floors, chandeliers). Best hotel breakfast I've ever had. The maintenance crew was friendly and the front desk staff were awesome. Simply put, we felt well taken care of and safe at the hotel.
The hotel actually upgraded us to a much better room at the same price because there was a very, very small issue with our first room. The petit king was smaller, but they put us in the Deluxe King, which was a huge difference in change.
Valet is $35 a night plus tip, self park is $40 a night, so we went with valet. They were quick and friendly.
The one-way street the hotel is on was blocked off due to construction under the street. We called the hotel and asked how to get "home" and they told us how to avoid Bourbon St. traffic and come in the parking garage backwards. If the service were poor, this would have been a disaster.

Overall, great experience, Great price. Great employees.

Room Tip: Petit King is small. Deluxe king is perfect.
2 Thank stellakay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel stood out on Trip Advisor & it lived up to its reviews wonderfully. Luxurious large rooms with plush marble bathrooms, a peaceful courtyard to return to after the bustle of the city; an outstanding complimentary breakfast, & an attentive doorman/tourist guide who was always on hand to help..... and only yards from Bourbon Street. This was our 1st hotel of many on our 6 week road trip, and possibly the best. I've only submitted 2 'excellent' reviews from our travels & Hotel Mazarin certainly deserves its rating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I just completed a 3 night stay at Hotel Mazarin. This hotel is such a gem. We were there to celebrate my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary. When we arrived the hotel staff was so accommodating and helpful. They also had champagne waiting in the rooms for my parents, courtesy of the hotel. The hot breakfast at the hotel was more than delicious and again the staff was gracious and accommodating. The Superior King room was large, clean, and comfortable. Most of all the location was fantastic between bourbon and Royal. I would rate this hotel an A++++

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by someone who travels frequently. I arrived in New Orleans on the final day of the Essence weekend and the Quarter was still pretty busy. Our room was ready in a short time after we arrived. The room was nicer than I expected, large and really well done. The hotel was very clean and the public spaces were nicely decorated. We had breakfast both mornings of our stay and the people in the kitchen worked to keep the buffet presentation looking fresh and appealing. The best thing about the hotel was just how quiet it was at night,and given the hotel's position between Royal and Bourbon Streets, the quiet really impressed me. In the past, I have stayed at larger hotels in the Quarter, but this trip the Mazarin really worked well for my partner and me.

1 Thank geminijohn
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

For my first visit to New Orleans, I wanted to stay close to the French Quarter without being kept up all night by the crowds on Bourbon street. I also didn't want to stay in a grungy hotel. Hotel Mazarin was the perfect choice! The hotel is located 50 feet from Bourbon street, but shielded from the late night noise. The hotel has New Orleans charm, but is modern and updated, so you feel the comfort of staying in a nice place. The lobby was cozy and welcoming. Everyone who worked there was friendly. The rooms are beautiful with comfy beds and large showers. Good WiFi access.

The breakfast in the morning was pretty disappointing compared to all the wonderful restaurants nearby. I would recommend skipping it and checking out the locale fare. Patrick's Bar Vin (off of the courtyard) was our favorite place to start the evening. Patrick serves up drinks and stories and we just loved the place. Compared to the trashy places on Bourbon, you feel the quaint character of the area.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mzqb
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We booked at this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. Our stay at the Hotel Mazarin was one stopping point in our overall trip and we were not disappointed. The location of the hotel made it ideal for our visit to New Orleans. Everything was within walking distance, including the public transportation.

Upon checking in we were a bit concerned about parking as we were driving a collector car but the hotel took care of everything. The rooms were perfect but the staff was what really made the visit. They were exceptionally helpful and friendly and played a significant role in the success of our visit.

The rooms were clean and well appointed - something that I'm picky about. The included breakfast was good and again the staff made the experience great!

Will definitely be recommending to friends and family.