“EXCELLENT BUT..............” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mazarin

Save Saved
You added Hotel Mazarin to your Saves list
Hotel Mazarin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   730 Bienville St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
10% off our best rates!
Ranked #2 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“EXCELLENT BUT..............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed there for mardi gras 2013. Location was great as were the people working there.Breakfast was very good and it was great that they extended the hours for the mardi gras .Bed, pillows, and sheets were top notch, but..........THERE WAS ONLY ONE CHAIR IN THE ROOM. There was plenty of space but nowhere to sit and watch tv or sit down and enjoy a drink or sandwich. We spent 5 days there and this was very annoying. Mentioned this to front desk and there was no gesture to accommodate us.They were all so nice so I didn't want to make a big deal of it but for me, this was an important issue. No pool (not important to me) or active bar (would have been a plus).We stayed at the Monteleone last year and can't decide which place we liked better. Very close call.All in all a very good place to stay.Would stay there again (if more seating)

1,285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the week of Mardi Gras. Best location EVER. Right next to Bourbon St. but not on it, perfect. This hotel is a 5 star in my opinion. The front desk and wait staff were wonderful and helped with anything you needed. 24 hour security. They employ 2 full time police officers. Rooms were very clean. The breakfast every morning was better than some I've paid for at a resturant!
Eggs Benedict on the weekends. Amazing.
The hotel itself was beautiful. It was exactly what I was hoping for during my stay in the French Quarter. Felt like I was back in Paris. Some people say its a noisy hotel. It's the marble floors and open courtyard. But not so noisy that you couldn't sleep. If that's a problem for you don't get a balcony room. Who goes to New Orleans to sleep anyway???

• Stayed February 2013
Brevard, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is right in the French Quarter which was very nice for us as we enjoyed this beautiful and unique city. We loved our room, was very pretty. The breakfast was nice (and part of the deal). The courtyard was a beautiful spot to enjoy breakfast.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Mazarin for five nights during Mardi Gras. What a great hotel! From the reservation and front desk, to the doorman and the restaurant staff, everyone went out of their way to help you and make you feel welcome. The room was beautiful, and we were upgraded to a balcony room. The location is great, half a block off Bourbon, close to Canal St. And city attractions. The daily breakfast is very good, a great added value. An awesome hotel in New Orleans!

Room Tip: Rooms on the street have the balconies, but will be noisier at night compared to courtyard rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mdezura, General Manager at Hotel Mazarin, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hotel Mazarin is a great place to be in New Orleans, especially during Mardi Gras. I'm happy to read you had a great five night stay at Hotel Mazarin. We take pride in training our staff to be the best at what they do...Serve our guest and serve them well. The location of Hotel Mazarin can't be beat in the French Quarter. I'm glad you enjoyed our enhanced complimentary continental breakfast it is indeed a great added value, as well as our in-room complimentary bottle water. Thanks for the "awesome" review!
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

200 words probably won't give me enough time to tell how wonderful this place is. My wife and I went to Mardi Gras for our fifth year wedding anniversary. Once we got to the front desk Jason informed us of the "bucket of beer" waiting in our room. It was a surprise set up by my wife unbeknownst to Jason. When he realized he gave out the surprise he was so honestly upset about it. The staff all learned of this and were ribbing him our whole stay. Jason ended up bringing us up another 6 pack of beer on his own time and offered anything else to make us feel better. I wish I could spend more time speaking of the beautiful rooms and the wonderful other staff but figured I would tell you how seriously these folks take the term "customer service". To all of the others that I have not mentioned, my apologies.

Room Tip: If you can, stay facing the courtyard. It is beautiful and the Bourbon experience is not heard from...
Merrillville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I loved this hotel. You are welcomed from the time you call to make the reservations, when you pull up to the door, the front desk, the housekeepers, the waiters/waitresses in the morning during breakfast.....ALL staff that we had contact with were wonderful. The facility was clean, beds were comfortable, even the pillows. The location was perfect. We would without a doubt stay here again and recommend it to any and everyone.

Merrillville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

How do I start. Hotel staff was 5 star from doorman to housekeepers. The front desk was knowledgeable. They gave me great restaurant advice and everything I needed to know about Mardi Gras. This is the place to stay for Mardi Gras. One block from Bourbon St. and two blocks from Canal Street where all the action is. The pictures on the site dont lie. Every room actually looks like that. The floors, chandeliers and bathrooms are a piece of art. Best continental breakfast I ever had at a hotel. During Mardi Gras they even serve it till 1pm. if you happen to wake up late:). So if you want to park your car and enjoy Mardi Gras in walking distance, Hotel Mazarin is the only place for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mazarin? Share your experiences!