“Excellent Service...Wonderful Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mazarin

You added Hotel Mazarin to your Saves list
Hotel Mazarin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   730 Bienville St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
10% off our best rates!
Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Service...Wonderful Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my first time staying at Hotel Mazarin and I will definitely be coming back. The room was beautiful, the hotel staff was excellent and the location was great. I was traveling on business and decided that I did not want to stay in a chain hotel. Hotel Mazarin definitely lives up to all of the excellent reviews.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were early so they let us drop our bags and eat a free breakfast. It was a very decent breakfast. We were on the second floor and a corner room. It overlooked the outdoor area for the hotel. The bed was soft and very comfortable with tons of pillows. A sitting area with a nice chair. Two sinks with a huge mirror and a mirror on the side with light. Shower was great and had nice pressure. Nice stand in the bathroom for your items to sit on. It is nice having the sinks and mirror outside of the bathroom so more than one person can get ready at a time. Nice shampoo and conditioner and a hair dryer available. In room phone worked well. TV was a nice flatscreen. Staff was very professional. Friendly doorman willing to do his job. Happily took our bags to the cab. We would definitely return and would recommend it for solo, couples and families. Noise does carry very well in the courtyard and hallways so keep that in mind when you are walking through or closing doors. It's New Orleans, some people like to sleep late.

Covington, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Mazarin is lovely, clean, staff is wonderful, great location, but none of those things matter much when you can't get a decent night's sleep. My husband and I had the worst night's sleep ever in a hotel. There is no insulation from street noise, or noise within the hotel. We have stayed in the French Quarter many many times and have never experienced such a noisy night. Maybe it was just the room we had, but with so many other hotel options in the area, we aren't willing to take another chance on the Mazarin.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The room was beautiful, with marble floors and lovely decor. The employees were really nice and helpful. The hotel is in a wonderful location in the French Quarter. I will definitely stay there again!

miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 nights here for our first time to NOLA. Great location.The front desk staff were friendly, helpful, and attentive. The hotel lobby and courtyard are very beautiful. The free breakfast if very good with a nice variety and the wait staff in the breakfast area were constantly refilling the food items and kept everything clean. The room was very nicely decorated, comfortable, and had everything we needed. The only downside was the noise level in the room in the early mornings. They are doing some renovations and the men working on the building start around 7 or 8am! Also one morning they set up the large courtyard tarp around 7 am and that woke us right up. Also we did get upgraded to a larger room but it was next to a very noisy ice machine. I should have asked for a room change but we just stuck it out since we had unpacked. I had to roll up a towel and place it under the door to reduce the noise level and it helped a little. I would definitely return to the Hotel Mazarin but probably after the renovations.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the ice machine.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Expectations were high based upon previous reviews and we were not disappointed.
Loved the bar, nice cozy place to get away from the general craziness on the street.

We will stay again on our next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Previous reviews had left me a little worried about what I would find, I had not stayed at this hotel since it was the St Louis some years ago. But either the previous reviewers has been very picky or they have done a complete update of thier services.
The front of the hotel was undergoing redecoration which was a little inconvenient but it has to be done sometime and I guess this was the quiet period for them.
Service was excellent and friendly, from the first couple of times I phoned to check up on things, through all the time I was there. Car valet was prompt, I had allowed time to get my car, but on both occasions I needed it they got it out in less than 5 minutes.
By US standards the room could I guess have been considered a little small, but by my European standards it was fine. Well decorated and clean. Housekeeping were there at 9am each day and a second check was made in the afternoon to ensure all was well. The room I had 201, would be considered noisy by some (elevator and aircon noise) but it was not so bad I felt I had to move and apart from some very noisy party animals leaving the elevator at 2am I found it acceptable. The room could have benefited from some kind of small desk for my laptop, but then many people probably do not work whilst there.
Breakfast was very good, though after 4 mornings it was getting more difficult to find something different (at least to my taste).
The hotel has an excellent location for all parts of the French Quarter.
Check prices as they seem to vary considerably depending on events, but at the price I paid I considered it very good value and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Mazarin? Share your experiences!