“Mostly Very Good but the noise level.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mazarin

You added Hotel Mazarin to your Saves list
Hotel Mazarin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   730 Bienville St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
10% off our best rates!
Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
miami
“Mostly Very Good but the noise level.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 nights here for our first time to NOLA. Great location.The front desk staff were friendly, helpful, and attentive. The hotel lobby and courtyard are very beautiful. The free breakfast if very good with a nice variety and the wait staff in the breakfast area were constantly refilling the food items and kept everything clean. The room was very nicely decorated, comfortable, and had everything we needed. The only downside was the noise level in the room in the early mornings. They are doing some renovations and the men working on the building start around 7 or 8am! Also one morning they set up the large courtyard tarp around 7 am and that woke us right up. Also we did get upgraded to a larger room but it was next to a very noisy ice machine. I should have asked for a room change but we just stuck it out since we had unpacked. I had to roll up a towel and place it under the door to reduce the noise level and it helped a little. I would definitely return to the Hotel Mazarin but probably after the renovations.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Expectations were high based upon previous reviews and we were not disappointed.
Loved the bar, nice cozy place to get away from the general craziness on the street.

We will stay again on our next visit to New Orleans.

Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Previous reviews had left me a little worried about what I would find, I had not stayed at this hotel since it was the St Louis some years ago. But either the previous reviewers has been very picky or they have done a complete update of thier services.
The front of the hotel was undergoing redecoration which was a little inconvenient but it has to be done sometime and I guess this was the quiet period for them.
Service was excellent and friendly, from the first couple of times I phoned to check up on things, through all the time I was there. Car valet was prompt, I had allowed time to get my car, but on both occasions I needed it they got it out in less than 5 minutes.
By US standards the room could I guess have been considered a little small, but by my European standards it was fine. Well decorated and clean. Housekeeping were there at 9am each day and a second check was made in the afternoon to ensure all was well. The room I had 201, would be considered noisy by some (elevator and aircon noise) but it was not so bad I felt I had to move and apart from some very noisy party animals leaving the elevator at 2am I found it acceptable. The room could have benefited from some kind of small desk for my laptop, but then many people probably do not work whilst there.
Breakfast was very good, though after 4 mornings it was getting more difficult to find something different (at least to my taste).
The hotel has an excellent location for all parts of the French Quarter.
Check prices as they seem to vary considerably depending on events, but at the price I paid I considered it very good value and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our stay was wonderful..This hotel thinks of everything for your comfort. Great to have a breakfast waiting each morning and it too was great, such variety. The service was out of this world. I had trouble with printing our boarding passes and the desk clerk was very helpful even tho he was extremely busy. The locationb was the best! I'm looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The Hotel Mazarin is great- but there were some visual items I had issues with. First of all, the paint was damaged on the exterior during the hurricane two months ago and they are having trouble getting permits to correct- so the exterior looks VERY bad right now. Next, the "tarp" over the courtyard looks very bad and appears to be for painting. Not sure why they even have it as no other quarter hotels have tarps over their courtyards. They claim it's to keep the plants warm. The wine bar was closed half the time during my stay for reno, then the wine bartender died in a car accident. While I was there every hotel had up their Christmas decorations except Hotel Mazarin- they started to put theirs up on 11/27. There is no water in the courtyard fountain and I was told that was due to a leak. Also, By looking at the 5th floor hotel floorplan, I could tell I was given the smallest room on the 5th floor, even tho I paid for a deluxe King.
The breakfast was great and the staff very friendly.

Alexandria, La. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Wonderful hotel with friendly and helpful staff and has a great location. Beautiful renovation of the historical St. Louis Hotel. Has a European feel. The rooms can be small, but very well done.
The breakfast was amazingly good and the buffet line was kept clean and food fresh.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was a beautiful hotel in the heart of the action, but still intimate and quiet. Although being basically on Bourbon St. during a very busy weekend (Bayou Classic weekend), I was amazed by how quiet and peaceful it felt after walking in the hotel doors, it was like an oasis from the madness! The rooms were very clean, elegantly appointed, and extremely comfortable.

We stayed at the Hotel Mazarin while in New Orleans for our wedding... The staff was unbelievably helpful and accommodating, we were amazed! The staff went out of their way to down a steamer so I could steam my wedding dress that got creased during our flight. The banquet manager brought it to our room, gave us a lesson on how to use it, and then brought up a bottle of champagne. These days, it is rare to encounter places that go beyond what is 'required', and go above and beyond to make your stay special. From the friendly and helpful front desk staff, to the hot breakfast that was served from 7-12, they exceeded what is expected to make it a pleasant and guest-centered experience.

I will stay at Hotel Mazarin every time I come to Nola! I'm hooked!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mazarin? Share your experiences!