“Delicious and relaxing retreat from Quarter chaos!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mazarin

You added Hotel Mazarin to your Saves list
Hotel Mazarin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   730 Bienville St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off & Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Delicious and relaxing retreat from Quarter chaos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was on the tail-end of a business conference in Nola and I wanted a Quarter hotel that wasn't right on the noisy path but close enough to everything that I could easily walk. And I wanted something that made me feel safe since I was traveling alone. The Mazarin fit the bill in EVERY respect.

The newly redecorated property is 1/2 a block from Bourbon but the minute you enter the front doors, the noises and drama disappear. I love New Orleans and am a frequent visitor, but sometimes you just want a touch of quiet and elegance. And Mazarin has it. I was won over by the gorgeous courtyard and the knowledge that Patrick Bar Vin, the wine bar downstairs, could be my home-away-from home when I wasn't frequenting the area restaurants and bars.

The staff was efficient, helpful and very friendly. They took care of me right away when I arrived, even though I was checking in early, and took care of my luggage while I attended the last day of the conference. When I returned, they led me to my gorgeous king suite overlooking the courtyard of Bar Vin. The floors are a cool (literally) marble tile that is delicious to walk on after a hot day spent trolling the city, the furnishings are stylishly classic (you feel like you're walking back in time to a turn-of-the-century Big Easy room without the dust) and the linens were high quality and extremely comfortable. Bathrooms are supremely well-appointed and the shower/toiletries are fab.

I requested a room with a balcony and was given a prime view over the wine bar courtyard. With the French doors open, on a quiet morning, you could hear the local foot traffic, the courtyard fountain and the distant call of cathedral bells, ship horns and even jazz music from down the way on Bourbon. I will say that having the doors open at the height of a hot day wasn't really possible (not surprising) and keeping them open at night also wasn't possible due to the proximity to Bourbon Street (again, not surprising). But the minute the doors were closed, the room cooled completely and the sounds of the street miraculously vanished. When I return, I might ask for a higher room with a balcony or a room with a view on the other side of the hotel, but only due to the expected street noise. It wasn't so much of a problem that I requested a different room or anything like that -- it was a fabulous room and view and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Great daily breakfast in the courtyard as well.

Do yourself a favor and book this hotel on your next visit -- the location, the staff, the rooms, the ambiance -- they're all top-notch and you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front will likely have street noise -- if that bothers you, request a room on the inter...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
mdezura, General Manager at Hotel Mazarin, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Well thank you for such a positive and glowing review of the Hotel Mazarin!! We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and ownership involvement with our training program. We hand pick our staff before they are hired to ensure the highest guest service. The complimentary breakfast at Hotel Mazarin was instituted as our ownership doesn't want us to "nickel and dime" our guests. We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return. Have a great holiday season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Breakfast was great from a timing perspective - quality was good though a little more variety would be an improvement. Bed was very comfortable. Closet space was lacking. An Armoire would be an improvement. Shower was exceLlent - though more counter space would be an improvement. We really liked the location on the interior courtyard as it was wonderfully quiet. All in all we would recommend to friends and chose to stay again ourselves.

• Stayed November 2012
Boquete, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Remodeled last year. Enter in nice lobby and then into large courtyard. Rooms all open onto central courtyard from balcony, so no outside noise. Pretty furniture, big comfortable bed, up-to-date bathroom. Full breakfast included. Enthusiastic staff with helpful manager who wandered through the breakfast room. Good (but expensive) bar also opens onto courtyard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

First class stay. We own local restaurants and did some trade for room stay with the hotel. Spent two nights during Thanksgiving 2012. Rooms were immaculate. I hate leaving my ultra comfort bed behind when traveling for a hotel bed. The beds here were like pillows and the down bedding was luxurious. Slept like a prince.

The location was perfect. A quiet courtyard insulated you from the madness that was Bourbon street a half block away. When you wanted to enter that madness it was very convenient. The front desk staff was great. The Bar on property was a great little wine bar another sanctuary from the madness and booze fests on Bourbon. The complimentary breakfast was good with fresh juices, fruit and traditional breakfast fare. A great way to start the day. Will be back to hang in this little gem soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very nice comments on Hotel Mazarin. We are glad you had an opportunity to take a break from the hectic restaurant business and stay with us. We strive to have the finest furnishings and bedding for the comfort of our guests. Our staff is trained on giving our guests the best customer service and making them feel at home. Patrick's Bar Vin is known as one of the top 10 wine bars in the country, so we are happy you had a chance to experience what everyone is saying. We look forward to your return to the Hotel Mazarin.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel is exactly what I was looking for when I booked my hotel. I am so glad I went with a boutique hotel instead of a big modern high rise hotel. It was quant, comfortable and just off Bourbon Street. The staff was perfect and service was outstanding. And I want to personally thank the person cleaning my room. I will definitely stay there again.

Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We normally stay at the Royal Sonesta, but we (me and my boyfriend) took his brother along with us. The room (#215) had two Queen beds and was very spacious as compared to the usual NOLA/French Quarter hotels. The beautiful courtyard is tented, so if it is raining, it is still usable as a lovely spot to eat the AWESOME free breakfast. The breakfast "buffet" had link sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, pastries, juices (apple, cranberry, orange) - coffee, tea, yogurts, fresh fruit bowls. Breakfast is served until 11am, which is great if you've had a late night.

Desk people/staff were nice - didn't really talk to them much, no need. Beds were comfy. I really liked the bathrooms, because when you are staying with someone ( like my bf's brother) you want PRIVACY. Our oom had a door to the bathroom, then another door to the toilet./shower room. Was great in that way. There is a waterfall in the courtyard that is super loud which I LOVED. Our room was pitch black at night (which I also loved) and it was like sleeping during a hard rain. Very nice. I couldn't hear any of the Bourbon St noise, but I wouldn't mind if I did. loud partying is kinda the whole point.

When you step out the front door, you may as well be staying on Bourbon, its just 100ft away. Will ALWAYS stay at this hotel from now on, and I am SO PICKY when it comes to hotels. Beats the Royal Sonesta IMO. The marble floors made it seem clean, sheets and towels were clean, closet was spacious and nice. My #1 thing that made me choose the hotel was free delicious breakfast. That, in itself, saves (between 3 people) a $40 meal, and was a great start to the day.

STAY HERE! You will NOT regret it. I know I am a stranger to ya'll, but it is great.

Room Tip: We stayed in 215, It was a corner room, I would suggest asking for this room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We really appreciate your spectacular review about the Hotel Mazarin. I'm glad we succeeded in making your experience the best ever. Everything done here at Hotel Mazarin is to enhance guest service and quality of stay. You are so right, our complimentary breakfast is a great way to start the day and save $$$. We look forward to your return in the near future. Thanks for helping spread the great news about Hotel Mazarin!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

i loved this place. it was in the perfect location, half a block off of bourbon street. definitely close enough to all the action, and just far enough away to have some peace and quiet in such an amazingly bustling city. the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. i honestly did not want to get out of that bed!!! the people working there were nothing less than super-friendly and there was always someone to help you out with anything you needed, at any time of day or night. the only criticism i have is (as a smoker), i had to walk through the courtyard and lobby in order to grab my morning smoke. seriously, though, that is my only gripe --- and it's a very minor one at that. good job to all of the people working there and making it feel like home!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Mazarin? Share your experiences!