“*~AWESOME~*” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mazarin

You added Hotel Mazarin to your Saves list
Hotel Mazarin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   730 Bienville St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off & Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
orlando
“*~AWESOME~*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Mazarin for the first few days of our honeymoon and we couldn't have been more pleased. We stayed in a superior king room which was beautifully decorated and spacious. The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. I never expect much from hotel breakfasts, but I was pleasantly surprised by their offerings. Breakfast is presented elegantly and it was delicious. (I'm particular about my grits and theirs was like having breakfast in my grandma's kitchen) Our room faced the courtyard and noise was never a problem. The bellman explained as we made our way to the room that the courtyard (which was lovely) is often used for weddings so during the rainy season they have a tarp that covers it in order to protect from the elements. I found this to be wonderful because it rained nearly every afternoon and I was still able to sit in the courtyard by the fountain and read. When we return to New Orleans we will be sure to book a room at Hotel Mazarin.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (834)
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My youth group stayed at Hotel Mazarin for the 2012 youth gathering july 18th-22nd. Everyone was so pleased with the service here! I personally loved the staff there. The hotel is right near everything you need. It's a few blocks from Cafe de Monde. The people at the front desk were so kind, helpful, and friendly. I LOVED MY STAY! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We loved our stay at Hotel Mazarin. We were there 7/10-13 for our anniversary. It was our 1st time to NOLA. As Innkeepers we wanted to find a nice place that was walkable to area attractions with amenities that we deem important. We found it here at the Mazarin. The front office staff was great, the room was awesome, and so was the location. We'll be back and we'll also let our B&B guests know about this gem.

Hialeah, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love this Hotel. My boyfriend and I just took a trip there. I might not have stayed there if not because of a special package bought on Bloomspot but I'm glad I did because it is just so cute and quaint. It's right smack dab in the middle of the French Quarter. It is very clean. The staff is very professional and accommodating and always so polite and friendly. Elliott was an especially nice guy who was always very helpful.

I tend to be a little fussy and very particular person when it comes to staying at hotels, and don't go out of my way to give a glowing recommendation unless it's merited, and in my opinion Hotel Mazarin was part of the reason our stay in the French Quarter was as lovely as it was. When I see the bad reviews on here, I know for a fact that it is an anomaly, and not the norm! But, on a lighter note, I give Hotel Mazarin 2 thumbs up and I will definitely stay there when I return to NOLA on my next visit.

Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at the Mazarin form July 1-6 did a lot of reading reviews and settled on the Mazarin. The hotel is only 1/2 block from burbon street, great location. The bellman at this hotel are great(say hello to solomon), ask them anything and they will direct you in the right direction. The breakfast was the best, the staff will even serve you pancakes if you ask. The staff in the dinning room are great, no joke. If you are looking for a New Orleans style hotel that is reasonable you just found it. The beds are so comfortable, I had no complaints abount anythng in the room. If you are looking for a big box hotel this is not the place. But why would you want that in the french quarters. I would stay again without even thinking about it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ft. Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I arrived at the hotel via cab a 1/2 block away because the old time taxi cab driver didn't even know this hotel, but he knew the address and the area. When I arrived at the Hotel Mazarin, I was promptly greeted and made to feel, really welcome. I was asked about my room preferences, got a great brief explanation of the hotel amenities and thenoff to my most comfortable, fully furnished - lots of good pillows, ultra comfortable bed, robes and slippers...everything room. Free wifi, free GREAT full breakfast (and don't pass up the chocolate filled croissants). Solomon the door man...awesome, take good care of him, we all want him there next time, he knows it all...just ask him. The a joining bar, an awesome relaxing place with great wine and limited but ULTRA good beer selections...they know the finer things is a great place to unwind, relax and enjoy. It's my new favorite hotel

Room Tip: In the rooms that face the atrium, you can here the water fountain that sits in the middle of the at...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hotel was a great location less than 1 block to bourbon street, the breakfast was excellent,all of the staff had great customer service. My only concern was the type of room we had, I booked a superior king, but it felt more like a box room because it wasn't spacious as noted in the description. Would definitely stay again enjoyed the city and the hotel. Will definitely request a better room.

Room Tip: Room next to elevator is small, i really believe it was a handicap accessible room.