“I rated it excellent but...” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I rated it excellent but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Overall I love Windsor Court. The people are really nice, food in the Dining room is great, rooms are very well decorated but, the housekeeping service is spotty and the attention to detail is a bit annoying for the caliber of the hotel.
This is my second stay at Windsor Court so I do like the hotel a lot. Problems that I noticed are, the pool guys don't clean up towels left over from guests so you don't know if someone is using the chairs, there are only 4 umbrellas for the lounges, the pool waiters don't service the lounges, not one time did they ask me if I wanted anything so you had to go to them to order. They were also gone for really long stretches during the day.
The room housekeeping, the night turn down service sometimes happened sometimes didn't, sometimes they put out the coffee maker sometimes they didn't. Also in my room there was a picture with the glass broken. I wonder how long its been like that?
Rooms service is hit and miss too. They seem to be great at breakfast but dinners are not good. I ordered a burger and it looked like someone threw it on the plate, the fries were cold, the lettuce was dry and the tomato pale, It was $34 total so I was pretty disappointed. The dinner in the Grill Room was fantastic though so don't miss it.
Overall this is a great hotel with just a little more effort from the front line staff I think it would be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed.
I'll be back again later this year,

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear dcbates,

Thank you for writing about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. While I am disappointed to hear about some of the shortcomings you experienced during your stay with us, I do appreciate you letting us know so that we can continue to grow and learn. My deepest apologies that your stay was not up to the Windsor Court standard I know we are able to provide. I do hope we can welcome you back for your future trips to New Orleans so that we may have an opportunity to make it right.

968 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We have stayed in a majority of the New Orleans hotels and this one ranks up there as one of the nicest. We booked a great deal on a full suite and we were on the sixth floor. Getting there is less stressful than most of the other hotels since the entrance is off a quiet street. You pull into a private courtyard so you don't have people honking their horns behind you. We used valet and the fee was pretty high at $44 per night. Valet was efficient. The lobby at this hotel is easily one of the nicest in NO. It is beautiful. Check in was quick. The elevators here are some of the fastest elevators I have ever ridden. You don't have to wait long.

Our full suite was 800 sft with a living room separated from the bedroom by French doors. There is no sleeper sofa in living room. There is a separate spacious vanity off the bedroom. The bedroom had two very comfortable queen beds. The tub in the bathroom is large and the water pressure was good.

Now for the nit picking. There was a relatively large bloodstain on one of the bed covers. Not sure how housekeeping could have missed that as it was in an obvious place. In the bathroom there was a large piece of tile that was taped in place with clear tape. It just looked cheesy and out of place in a hotel of this caliber. There was also numerous marks and damage to the wall in the living room. The balcony faced the city and the view was of local construction complete with jackhammers (not the fault of the hotel). I recommend a higher floor for better view.

One other strange thing here is that there are only a couple ice machines. There was one on floor 4 and floor 10. You have to travel to get ice.

We ate room service for breakfast and the service was excellent and so was the food. It was a bit pricey as we spent about $122 for a breakfast of 4 people.

Lastly, the pool on floor 4 is beautiful with a large deck. We went swimming around 6pm and it was empty but all the trash cans were overflowing with beer cans and there were only three clen towels left. When we left the pool somebody came by to clean up.

Overall this is a great hotel, but unless you can get a relatively good rate, I would recommend another hotel. I think the biggest problem is that we went in with very high expectations and it just missed.

Dear tmde,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us and feel that we are one of the nicest hotels in New Orleans; however, I was disappointed to hear about some of the housekeeping oversights you experienced. I apologize that we did not deliver in this regard and will certainly have these issues addressed. We appreciate your comments and your patronage and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at the Windsor Court 20 years ago, and have been wanting to return for years. With so many choices in New Orleans, it was hard to decide, but booking through the Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts sealed the deal. I had a late flight out, and the 4 p.m. check-out that FHR offers was really helpful.

The best thing about this hotel is the service. Everyone, from the front desk clerks to the custodial staff, wanted to know what they could do for me, and seemed to be genuinely interested in my experience. You could tell they took a lot of pride in their hotel. I was traveling alone, so it was nice that so many people of the Windsor Court stopped to chat and inquire about my stay.

The overall vibe of the place is old-world elegance and sophistication. I tend to like modern, simple spaces, but it was hard not to be charmed by all the thoughtful attention to detail. There were fresh flowers EVERYWHERE: a giant explosion of roses as you enter, and smaller arrangement on almost every lobby surface. My room was painted a serene shade of baby blue, and the bathroom was beige travertine or marble. I think I had a one-bedroom suite, and it was very comfortable and well-laid out. My one complaint would be the dirty balcony. I love to have my coffee outside, but this balcony needed a good power wash, and the windows were really in need of a cleaning outside. Why obstruct the beautiful views? This was especially surprising considering how clean everything else throughout the hotel was.

I had a a facial and massage at the spa. Both treatments and both the therapists were wonderful.

I had a drink in the Polo Lounge, and since it was a Friday night, it was pretty lively.Dinner in the Grill Room was the chef's tasting menu. I would say it was average. Several of the flavors didn't work together, but again, the service was attentive and kind. And wow! The view of the lit-up courtyard at night was magical.

The location was perfect. A little hidden away on a side street, but a quick block to Canal. I personally don't want to be that close to Bourbon Street, and this was the perfect distance: a quick, scenic walk, but a safe distance from the madness. I immediately felt at home when I entered the courtyard after a sweltering day out.

This is a beautiful and gracious place that is not too over-the-top with the fancy. But the real stars here are the staff. They seemed sincerely caring, without being obsequious and old-fashioned. I'd stay here every time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear RosieFins,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. As an American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts guest, we know that you are most discerning, so I am pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations. In particular, I am most happy to hear that out of everything, you found the best aspect of the hotel to be the service. I agree that it is our hard-working and caring team that makes for those special and memorable experiences. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with others and we look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

What a lovely hotel with great service. Although I did not stay here, I did attend a jazz show in the evening in the hotel's cocktail lounge. The cocktails were wonderful and so was the service. One of New Orlean's best kept secrets!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear ShayC30375,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in one of our cocktail lounges. Both the Cocktail Bar and the Polo Club Lounge offer fantastic music and cocktails so I am happy you were able to experience it! We hope that on your next visit to New Orleans, you will consider staying with us so that all you have to do is take the elevator home.
Corrales, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

It's not cheap, but the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans is a fabulous place to stay. We attended a 50th wedding anniversary for my wife's older brother and his wife. We stayed in one of the riverside suites on one of the top floors and we had a beautiful river view. The suite was beautiful, comfortable and very nice. We had access to the Club Room for breakfast, tea and snacks and drinks in the afternoon before going out for the evening. It was a great gathering place for our family. The staff is friendly and very professional. The lobby is magnificent. It's located only two blocks from the river and about four blocks from the French Quarter so it's an easy walk to most of the sights people come to New Orleans to see. Taxis are always available to get to restaurants that might be more than a walk. If you can afford it, it's the place to stay in New Orleans.

Dear Dan C,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that the Windsor Court could make a good home base for you and your family to enjoy the city and your family's special celebration. We appreciate your comments and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Battle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Four nights at this hotel were really good. The staff fell over themselves to help, the rooms were really big and the beds seriously comfortable with good ac.
We were lucky to stay on the 20th floor which gives you access to the club lounge on the 22nd with it's lovely outside terraces, a lovely spot to read a book with your free drinks.
Only mild criticism is that although the bathrooms were very clean and big they are a little dated for a top notch hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Big_belly_42,

Thank you for writing about your recent four night stay with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed yourself and that you were able to take advantage of all that our Club Lounge has to offer. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to New Orleans.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is a beautiful boutique hotel with a European feel. The staff are all courteous and professional and no detail is over looked. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. It is located in the center of downtown New Orlean close to everything. I highly recommend you treat yourself and spend some time in this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Debby W,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and that our central location, spacious accommodations and professional staff provided you with a most memorable experience. We appreciate your recommendation and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!