“First Class In The Heart of NOLA” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Mill Valley, California
“First Class In The Heart of NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel offers an oasis of old world charm in the heart of New Orleans. Excellent in all regards. Service impeccable and friendly and the food was also very good. But the atmosphere is pure class and elegance. For New Orleans, I will only stay at this hotel from now on.

Room Tip: The smaller suite was great value, with more room that you are likely to need.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear ClaudeA654,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so delighted to hear you had an excellent stay and that we could be your oasis in the heart of the city. We are happy to be your top hotel choice when visiting New Orleans and look forward to welcoming you back for another first class stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was one of the best hotel experiences ever,we really enjoyed everything the five days we stayed over Christmas.
We stayed in a suite at the club level,and the room was really nice and perfect for our Christmas stay.We are a family of five and had a lot of space.The Club lounge was excellent,absolutely worth paying the extra for club level.The staff was always there with a smile and all the help we could need -Thank you -
We also enjoyed the Polo bar every evening,it was excellent.

We can't wait to go back,the hotel itself its worth a trip to New Orleans

Room Tip: Club level
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cirkeline74,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our accommodations and staff contributed to a perfect Christmas stay for you and your family. We appreciate being part of your holiday and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Excellent service especially from the club floor concierge, Jonette. Everyone is wonderful up stairs. They care about you and anticipate your needs. The food is top notch with yummy cocktails. We stayed on the 21st floor in a one bedroom suite. Beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel is in a great location close enough to the quarter but away from all the craziness.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor for a nice view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Melissa O,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you had an outstanding service experience and that our location and comfortable accommodations met your needs for your trip. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with others and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay soon!
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed 5 nights at this property and would definitely return. Our room was an 800 square feet suite with a comfortable living room. We had vouchers for daily breakfasts which were tasty, drinks in both bars which were excellent, and an okay dinner at the Grill Restaurant one night. Location near the French Quarter enabled us to walk everywhere. The staff was helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: Request an end room away from the elevators if possible.
Dear redheadtraveler08,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent week-long stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our location, staff and food and beverage offerings made for a great stay for you. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Three years ago my husband accidentally booked our annual valentines day stay at the Windsor Court and we've been delighted ever since. It's a little difficult to find, we circled the block a few times. It's a gorgeous gorgeous hotel hidden behind an old world courtyard. There are lovely touches like the massive rose arrangement in the lobby. The art collection in the hotel is fantastic, all british period pieces.

We love how close the hotel is to Harrahs and August. The rooms and the suites are so lovely, it will make you want to remodel your house. The spa services are amazing. I've had a fantastic facial and an even better massage (east meets west style).

This hotel is almost always booked. Book early whenever you can, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear janemac29,

Thank you for writing about your experiences with us over the years. I am so pleased to hear we have become part of your Valentine's tradition and that you have returned at other times of year as well. We appreciate your patronage and your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in a full suite overlooking the Mississippi river. This hotel is very nice. Great location, great service, great décor, comfy bed. My stay included breakfast vouchers and the food was great.
Even though the hotel is not boutique size it reminds you of a boutique hotel.

I look forward to returning.

Dear mtesoriero,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear you had a great week-long stay with us and that our service, location, amenities and food were to your satisfaction. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic stay!
Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had made reservations in August of last year to spend our 30th wedding anniversary, in January 2014, at Windsor Court Hotel. We decided on a balcony suite, since it was a special occasion, and asked if it would be possible to have a river view. We were assured that would be possible and in December when our plans changed and we found we would need to arrive in New Orleans a day earlier, I contacted the hotel and they were most accommodating, assuring me that not only would we have a river view, but that a corner suite would be available. We were thrilled! Upon arrival late on a Sunday evening, we walked into a gorgeous suite to see a bottle of chilled champagne and roses awaiting us. I felt very special and appreciated the thoughtfulness of the staff.

As we walked through the suite, we noticed a most unpleasant smell in the bathroom. We thought perhaps one of the staff who had brought the champagne and flowers had used the bathroom and figured the smell would be gone in the morning. It was late, we unpacked and went to sleep. Unfortunately, in the morning the smell was even stronger. Best way to describe the smell was that of sewer gas, and since the toilet was functioning properly we mentioned it to Katie, one the front desk staff as we went to breakfast. She assured us she would contact the maintenance people and have it looked into right away. After a lovely breakfast in the hotel dining room, we stopped back at the front desk and were told that it hadn't been looked at yet but would be shortly. Katie was very attentive and asked if we would like to be moved to another room. We explained that we had requested a balcony suite and if there was another one available with the same view - we'd be agreeable to a move if the problem couldn't be fixed.

After about an hour, when no one had come to look at the problem, I went back to the front desk to see what the situation was. Katie had looked at room availability and unfortunately, there were no other corner suites available with a river view. I was disappointed but knew that we would be unable to remain in our current suite if the smell couldn't be alleviated. I asked if I could see one of the suites that would be available and the manager on duty, George Beattie, kindly said he would accompany me. We went to a suite on the floor immediately above and one room in from the corner where our current suite was located. Although not as nice as the suite we currently had, I figured this would be OK and walked through it into the bathroom. Imagine my shock to encounter the same sewer gas smell in this bathroom! With more than a little disbelieve, I asked George if he could smell the odor - he said he could not as he had a head cold. He in no way tried to insinuate the smell wasn't present - just that he could not detect it. At this point I thought maybe I was crazy, so I went to get my husband to come and inspect the suite and see if he noticed the odor. When he arrived and walked through to the bathroom, he immediately noticed the same smell.

My husband, who is very familiar with building construction and plumbing techniques, asked if perhaps there was a room available at the other end of the building from where we currently were that was available. George called the front desk and we were shown to a room 2 stories above where we started out, on the back side of the hotel facing the city, unfortunately with no balcony. This suite's bathroom had no bad smell, so our search ended and we packed up our things and moved to this suite.

I have seen no other reviewers complain of any unpleasant odors, so I have to believe that this situation was dealt with. There is no way anyone could have stayed in either of the 2 suites with the odor at the level it was at. My husband's concern was the sewer gas could be potentially dangerous aside from the fact that it was very unpleasant!

After arriving in the new suite, we enjoyed the rest of our stay. The staff was efficient, gracious and eager to please. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The hotel is charming, ideally located and we truly enjoyed ourselves here. Within a day of checking out, I received an email from the General Manager asking me to fill out a questionnaire regarding our stay. I did that, and explained about the odor in the 2 suites and though that I would hear something back from him regarding that situation. To date, I have not received any further emails and I hope that the situation has been addressed and corrected for the sake of others.

Dear PK12033,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay with us, but am definitely disappointed to hear about the initial smells you encountered. That is definitely not a comment I hear, so rest assured we checked out those rooms. After we received your survey, our Customer Experience Manager did follow up with you as well, so I hope you were in receipt of her email. Please know that although she is the one that reached out to you, that I receive and read every guest survey and take each one very seriously. I do appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and for filling out the survey. We look forward to welcoming you back for another pleasurable stay.

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!