“Exciting and romantic New Year's getaway” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Birmingham, Alabama
“Exciting and romantic New Year's getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

There is no hotel more beautiful than the Windsor Court and we have stayed there 3 times. I view this as more of a romantic upscale hotel rather than a family hotel so am not paying attention to the negative review posted here. We enjoyed a couples massage in the new spa, I used the workout facility twice during our 3 night stay, and we had a fabulous meal at the Grill Room for New Year's Eve. We upgraded to Club Level so also enjoyed a Continental Breakfast each day. The hotel is conveniently located in New Orleans and we had no trouble walking bac from the French Quarter. Our floor was quiet and housekeeping service was great. the only problem we encountered was in the Polo Lounge, one of our favorite bars in the country, only this time the wait staff was not very attentive and two nights in a row our drink order didn't get put in. Overall, I would go back every year and every season--you don't even have to leave the property to enjoy yourself! I wish the spa had a whirlpool.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Kristie N,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your New Year's stay with us. I am so happy to hear you had an exciting and romantic getaway and that you were able to enjoy so much of what the Windsor Court has to offer. We appreciate your comments and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am updating my earlier review of the Windsor Court. That stay had been a huge disappointment. This one, the complete opposite.The staff, from the valet who parked our car to Kiki at the front desk, were superb and very friendly. We were traveling with children and had reserved a suite. The hotel has remodeled its rooms since our last stay and they are a huge improvement with luxurious amenities you would find anywhere. Everything was extremely clean. We had a few minor issues in when we arrived, which were taken care of immediately. I highly recommend the "new" Windsor Court.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear 35805Katie,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us and for giving us another chance after your last experience in 2010. I am so pleased to hear that this stay was up to your expectations resulting in a memorable visit for you and your family. We are happy to be back as one of your choices when visiting New Orleans and hope to be able to welcome you back next Christmas, if not before.
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I returned to New Orleans, after an absence of several years, to celebrate a birthday. Based upon recommendations of our daughter and her friends, who were recently in New Orleans for a wedding, we selected this hotel. It was an excellent choice. You walk down a side street near Harrah's Casino and you say "wow" after you enter the spacious lobby. We booked the room through a Virtuoso travel agent, so our room was upgraded to a suite upon check-in. The room was beautifully decorated and lavishly furnished. We had bathroom vanities in two rooms and a spacious shower. There was even a small walk-out balcony (facing the Central Business District). The bed was very comfortable. We had room service for lunch one day (part of our Virtuoso package) in the living room. The food was hot and tasty.

The lounge has lots of room and armchairs along one side. You can have a drink before or after dinner and listen to one of the local jazz bands. You are served complementary popcorn. The wine pours were generous. The staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool or spa.

We ate in the Grill Room, the hotel's restaurant for dinner (see separate review) and for breakfast. The dining room area is adorned with 3 large, locally painted, museum-quality murals depicting some scenes from the area. The hostess provided a helpful handout explaining the history and historical people in the murals.

Room Tip: Just ask at the front desk.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jandc8491,

Thank you for posting comments about your birthday celebration with us. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable and memorable stay and that our accommodations, location and dining options were all to your liking. As a valued Virtuoso guest, your recommendation means a lot. We appreciate your patronage and your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and our 2 daughters. I expected the Windsor Court to be the elegant and professional hotel I'd stayed at in the past. It was a disappointment from the minute we arrived. We were told that we would be able to check in no later than 4:00. We were not able to check in until after 5:00. The weather was unseasonably cold and our family did not wish to walk around the city in the evening. Unfortunately, this is one of the only luxury hotels I've stayed in that has no pay-per-view or on demand movie rental and an extremely limited set of television channels it does have channels that are listed on the guide but do not exist. When I called the concierge to ask about this, he curtly told me that the guide was a mistake and then hung up on me. This was consistent with the responses I received to other questions asked of the concierge.
We stayed for three nights. When our room was cleaned after the first night, all the hand towels were removed and not replaced for the remainder of the stay.
The rooms are a nice size. Outside of that, there is nothing good to say about our stay here. There are many nice hotels in New Orleans. For the price, the Windsor Court is not worth it. Next time we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear PAtraveler2014,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear we did not meet your expectations in a number of areas and I hope you can accept our apologies for letting you down. As a repeat guest who has previously had positive experiences, I hope you can agree that what you encountered was not the norm. Rest assured I will be addressing your experience with my team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and while I understand you are not inclined to try us for future stays to New Orleans, should you reconsider, please contact me directly and I will be happy to oversee your reservation.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

from the minute we arrived, the service here was top notch. Good price w/AMEX Platinum, allowed for delicious room service breakfast, dinner in the "supper-club-like" Grill Room, and an enormous suite for the price of a standard room. Great location-close enough but not in loud Fr. Qtr. Everyone was so gracious....loved it!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Baltimoretraveler615,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you loved your experience. Coming from a Senior Contributor on TripAdvisor as well as an American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts booker, your recommendation means a lot. I am happy to hear you enjoyed all parts of your stay and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable trip in the near future!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Nothing bad to say, suite we stayed in for 4 nights was awesome, staff was also great!!! Thanks for a great holiday

The only negative was I have a handicap and plenty of hotels waive the parking charge and we asked 3 times for the parking co to call us and they never did. The hotel should be following up for their guests.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lori D,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had a great stay and that our customer service, in particular, was the highlight. I am disappointed, however, to hear that our parking company did not follow up with you in regards to your request. I will certainly address this. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back for another awesome stay soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Windsor Court in New Orleans. We love staying here when we are in New Orleans. I heard they had recently renovated but had no idea how beautiful the hotel and amenities would truly turn out to be, We stayed on the club floor. There is an additional cost for the services at the club level but very much worth every penny. The staff makes you feel like royalty. You feel like you have rolled back in time surrounded by class and elegance.

It would be totally unfair for me to single out any employee or group because all without exception have treated us with the utmost kindness, respect and friendliness. We likely know at least 10 employees by name and there isn’t a day that went by during our stay that we did not receive a handshake, warm hug, friendly smile or sincere greeting from them. The food is amazing at this hotel as well. Plan on having at least one meal there if not more. The afternoon tea service is a must.

My husband and I walked to the French quarter every day. This hotel is walking distance without being in the chaos of Bourbon Street. Upon our return the staff would remember us and ask how our day went. You can tell the staff has a genuine care and pride for this hotel. I loved the fact this hotel is very close to everything. The staff recommended we go to the World War 2 museum. Oh my what a treat that was. Plan on spending 3 to 4 hours there. Overall I would recommend this hotel. It has a boutique feel and noncommercial feel. I like large brands like Hilton and Marriott but when you are in a town like this do yourself a favor and do not cheat yourself of the experience the Windsor Court can offer you. Due to our experience at this hotel, this trip has turned into my husband and my top 3 trips in the US. We are looking forward to going back

Room Tip: Stay at the Club level it is worth every penny.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Princessila01,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear you had an amazing trip to New Orleans and that we could play a large part in that. We take great pride in having the best staff in the city and in creating unique and personalized experiences for our guests, so I am happy to hear you were able to get that experience. We appreciate your comments and your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!