“Elegance in NOLA” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Austin, Texas, USA
“Elegance in NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This is truly an elegant hotel in NOLA. It is conveniently located to downtown, the French Quarter and a short drive to Uptown. We were upgraded to a very nice suite on the 17th floor overlooking the Mississippi River. The service was incredible. We enjoyed drinks before dinner and the breakfasts are incredible. We didn't get a chance to eat at the hotel's restaurant but it is supposed to be great. We'll check it out next time. If you are visiting NOLA with a car, this is a great hotel to stay at. The parking is a bit expensive, but the valet service is quick and the hotel is very easy to get in and out of to your destination by car. This will definitely be a go to hotel for us in NOLA.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Erik P,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, spacious accommodations and most importantly, our incredible service. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

947 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Waimea, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is aptly named. Upon entry into the porte cochere, you find yourself in a charming little courtyard that immediately reminds you are in New Orleans. New Orleans evokes such a strong sense of place, more so than many other American cities and this hotel is a great reflection of its old world elegance, charm, and sense of hospitality. Traveled for business and stayed 2 nights as an independent traveler. I think it would be perfect for families. This hotel is located a few blocks away from Bourbon street so it is quiet, even though it is directly across the casino. I stayed in a suite which was spacious and charmingly appointed. Bathrooms are provided with Molton Brown bath amenities. The bathroom needs some updating to sinks and tubs, peeling paint in these 2 areas. Room service was great. Service was very hospitable. The public spaces are nicely done as well. Lots of hunting paintings, embroidered French fabrics, old world touches with nice antiques. Valet was efficient and fast. Even though they have some deferred maintenance issues- like the AC in rooms which is really noisy; and some of the window gaskets need replacing, you can hear and feel the wind coming through in certain places; I thought this was a great value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear pkmiles,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed our ambience, location and service and that it suited you for your business needs. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed in a suite nice attention to detail. Service is outstanding and lounges are posh. Toiletries are first rate and rooms are quiet on upper floors. Beds are comfortable and linens are quality. Don't forget to shut the drapes the sun will wake you up!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear pillowandfork,

Thank you for taking the time to write about and post a picture of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our accommodations, amenities and service. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back for another luxurious stay!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary this past weekend (Thurs-Sun). I have stayed in many hotels in the French Quarter and the CBD district. I have always wanted a reason to stay here, as every time I would walk past the hotel, (either going to the casino or casual strolls) it would always draw me in.

I will get to the point here and delve in later. The Windsor Court is going to be your most luxurious and enjoyable stay in N.O. period. Everything about the hotel is amicable, magnetic, and engaging. Having stayed in many hotels in the FQ and CBD, the Windsor is right off of Canal, next to the Double Tree, behind Harrah’s. We would walk all over to the FQ daily and have ZERO regrets. I may get some flame for this, but the Grill Room at the WC on Saturday night is incredible. Live jazz music, an incredible menu, fantastic cocktails and more; my wife and I enjoyed this more than Commander’s Palace. I literally cannot give enough praise for this Hotel as we literally will not have any other choice when returning to N.O. in the future.

Delving in here – and now having a great reason to stay there (anniversary), I booked the hotel. The courtyard entrance is just a sublime piece of nature that welcomes you in. We were greeted by Jeremy, at the front desk, and he very efficiently explained almost everything about the hotel and then upgraded my wife and me to a club level room suite. I initially was under the impression that the “club level perks” were somewhat of a gimmick. I could not have been more wrong. Any guest can opt-in to the Club Level perks for $100 a day. The sticker price may shock you, but it is definitely worth it. Our favorite waitress in the club level was Stephanie – she knew what drinks we were going to order as we stepped into the room! They have an extended continental breakfast until 11am, afternoon Tea and snacks, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at 5pm and dessert cordials at 8pm. Mind you this is all free per your $100 ticket. It brings a very home-like feel and provides some great stress relief throughout the day. Also, Darlene would welcome us often as well and was extremely knowledgeable of all the goings-on in the city and gave us many great ideas and advice on where to go!

The rooms are very spacious (800 sf) and are outstandingly decorated. The Polo lounge is also a fantastic hangout if you are just looking to relax and listen to live music (away from the crowds). We could not have had a better anniversary and a huge thank you to Jeremy, Darlene, and Stephanie!

Room Tip: Splurge on the $100 club level access (at least once). You get a great view of the river and much m...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Houston T,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your stay with us. I am so happy we could provide you with the perfect anniversary stay! Thank you also for recognizing Jeremy, Darlene and Stephanie. I will ensure to pass along your kudos. I appreciate you sharing your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a very nice 4 star hotel. The room (we had a suite) was large and comfortable with 2 adults and 3 kids in there. Plenty of room for kids to run around. The staff was very cordial and friendly. The best part of this hotel really is the location. It is steps away from Harrah's Casino, if you want to go there... It close enough to the French Quarter for a brisk 10 minute walk, and a short walk away to most of what the city has to offer in terms of touristy attractions such as the aquarium/ insectarium/ Bourbon street etc.

The room we were given didn't have the best view, but was clean, and kept clean with the maid service which was great. Beds were comfortable, and really no complaints about the room at all!

It far enough away from the partying of Bourbon street, so it is quiet, which is great for families like us with little kids!

I was there for a convention, and the convention center is a 10 minute walk away.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to people coming to New Orleans.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear HammadTor,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our suite size, location and friendly staff made for a great stay for you and your family. We appreciate your patronage and your recommendation and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon!
Grand Blanc, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here on two separate stays in late October before our cruise and again in early November post cruise. On both occasions we were delighted with all aspects of our stay. Located just outside the French Quarter, this is a classically, elegant hotel boasting beautiful understated public spaces and rooms with restful, soothing palettes. The bathroom was a suite within itself, featuring a entry with a large closet and sit down vanity/sink combination and then a second large room with a stunning four piece bath. Towels and linens were very high quality and the beds incredibly comfortable. The staff was terrific, especially Jeremy at the Front Desk. He engaged us in a charming conversation and was very helpful in answering our questions. We will stay here on our next trip to New Orleans!

Room Tip: Request a room at the end of the hall where the rooms and bathrooms are larger.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear james h,

Thank you for taking the time to write about recent stays with us. I am so pleased to hear that both experiences were equally peaceful and enjoyable. We appreciate your comments and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay soon!
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at the Winsor Hotel October 16 – 22.
As we walked into the lobby, there were beautiful fresh flowers and the atmosphere was very English, like stepping back in time. Richard welcomed us and checked us in….with an upgrade, a deluxe suite! Richard made us feel as though he was waiting for us. We shared a pleasant conversation before heading to our room.
The room was beautiful. It had a separate living room and both the bedroom and sitting area had a television and balcony. The room was very spacious and clean. Fabulous views of the Mississippi River.
Adam, our Concierge scheduled our excursions and recommended a few things for us to see and do. He did a great job. Thanks Adam!
This was a business trip for my husband, but I tagged along and we made it a business/pleasure trip.
The food – We had breakfast twice at the Grill Room and it was delicious. The first morning I had ham and eggs and my husband had sausage and eggs. The juiciest and most flavored ham and sausage we’ve ever had! The second breakfast we had the French toast. A little too sweet for us, but if you like sweet, then you would love it. The food and service was fantastic.
We had dinner once at the Grill Room. We were the only ones in the restaurant. It was our last night and pretty early. We were exhausted and just wanted to eat and go to bed. The food was good and the service was exceptional. I don’t remember what my husband had, but I had the beef. Like I said, we were exhausted.
Bourbon Street - We ventured out to Bourbon Street twice. It’s one big party. It was like South Street in Philly back in the good ole days. Personally, it’s fun once, no need to repeat the same thing.
The Natchez Steam Boat was a narrated two hour ride down the Mississippi River. It was very informative. We also saw some of the Levy’s and some destruction from Katrina that they’re still trying to rebuild. Tip; get in line early and sit on the left side of the boat.
Gumbo – We stopped at Huck Finn’s for Gumbo, Jambalaya and a drink. Wow! Both the Gumbo and Jambalaya were delicious! My husband had a Gator Bite drink as well. He said it was fruity and good.
Air Boat Swamp Tour – This was the highlight of the trip for my husband. I must say, it really was pretty cool. Our guide took us through the Bayou and showed us plenty of alligators and one came out of the water and “gator and guide” put on an FYI show. He fed the gator and explained the cypress trees, the bayou, and the water and even showed us spices growing amongst the greenery. And of course we had a blast zipping around in the fan boat.
My regret that we didn’t get the chance to fit into our schedule, but everyone should do - Definitely go to Café Du Monde for a beignet, go to Frenchman’s. It’s where the locals go to listen to good Jazz music and do a “Hop on Hop off Bus Tour”.

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe Suite overlooking the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Debby F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear we provided the perfect home base while you enjoyed the many facets of the city. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable trip soon!

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!