“Elequent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Romeo, Michigan
“Elequent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Windsor Court is a wonderful hotel that is conveniently located to transportation that will take you to most of the city sites. It is easy walking distance from the hotel to the French Quarter and just a couple of blocks to the River Walk. And a casino just across the street. Great location. Most importantly, the hotel is a gem in every respect. Service is superb. Decor is beautifully and tastefully done. We stayed in a Junior Suite that was well thought out and very accommodating. Can't imagine what a Suite must have. Tea time is beautifully done with all of the china and silver. What a treat. And if you care to splurge a little, treat yourself to the executive level. The executive lounge is beautifully done. Afternoon tea there too as well as evening refreshments. And yes, breakfast is provided there as well. When you go for the best, this is it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear William E,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our location, service and accommodations. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay soon!

938 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our first time in NO and loved it. Stayed at the Windsor Court located just on the margin of the French Quarter. Tucked away but still very convenient. First class accommodations. Rooms and lobby are beautiful, comfortable, clean. Staff very accommodating. Kind of pricey but we were guests of Tulane Univ so didn't have to foot the bill. Actually had the opportunity of meeting Morgan Freedman riding up in the elevator. What a treat! He was very gracious and kind enough to allow us to take his picture with us! It was an amazing stay and would definitely return to both NO and the Windsor Court! Loved it all!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Debra C,

Thank you for writing about your visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court earlier this year. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and location and that you loved your stay. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Could I nitpick the Windsor Court for its need for more staff at the front door at certain times, the need for a tub in the bathroom; the need for plugs on each side of the bed; sure.
But none of that takes away from the fact I really enjoyed my stay and could not find another hotel in the city that offered the space and comfort.
Out suite while a little dated in décor was spacious and the balcony enjoyable but could have used a small chair. On a higher floor one could have seen the river; we saw the roof of Harrah's.
Breakfast in the sunny second floor room offered bacon and ham that were scrumptious. Could not get enough.
The lobby bar was enjoyable to relax in watching the comings and goings tot a good piano player.
The staff was friendly.
We had come to town for a meeting at another big hotel and decided to continue staying in our comfortable suite here and commute to the meetings. It was worth the price of the second room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Venamo,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience to the Windsor Court Hotel. I am so delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that we provided the space, comfort and service that you were looking for. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a leisure visit so that you can continue to explore all that the hotel and New Orleans has to offer!
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

After visiting NOLA many times over the past 10 years, My girl and I booked at the Windor Court. First of all, the hotel is located in a wonderful area, across from the casino and a short walk to the Quarter. The hotel is gorgeous. Fresh flowers, beautiful furniture, large rooms with comfortable beds and good water pressure.
We stayed in a Junior Suite on the executive level. We took full advantage of the executive lounge for breakfast and evening drinks. The horderves were tasty too. Every night we stopped at the POLO LOUNGE to listen to some music, drink and chat with Roger the bartender.
What really adds to the attraction of this hotel is the people that work there. Jerry and Darlene in the exectutive lounge were friendly and genuine. I had conversations with maids and bellmen who made me feel welcome. My girl went to the spa and told me that the girls who worked there were amazing! Well, I guess we found our "home spot" in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Spring for the executive floor. If you use the executive lounge for breakfast and happy hour it wil...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Readyright,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience to the Windsor Court. I'm so happy to hear about the great time you had at the hotel. Between the Club Lounge, Spa and Polo Club Lounge, It sounds like you got a nice sampling of all the hotel has to offer! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable trip soon!
Santa Cruz, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently attended the New Orleans Jazz and Hertiage festival. I stay at the Windsor Court having stayed here in the pass and loving it. They also have a good price for the Jazz Festival so I decided to try it again. I was debating between this and the Ritz Carlton on Canal Street. But I like the location of the Windsor Court much better.

This is a refined hotel. You can feel it the moment you enter the courtyard in the front. It's a real contrast to the hustle and bustle of the French Quarters. But the location is within walking distance of the quarters and the shuttle taking you to Jazz Fest. I had relatives staying at the Hyatt Regency and they described it as a "young persons" hotel. Large, lots of activity, lots of people milling about, etc. I wouldn't say Windsor Court is an "old persons" hotel, but it definitely is a very quite, relaxed and upscale hotel. This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but suited me just fine.

I had a suite, which provided me and my sister who stayed with me, more than enough room so that we were nto getting in each other's way. There were 2 seperate sinks and a seperate makeup area. The bathroom was nice and big; the living room held 6 people (I had family come to see me while I was there) with no problem and the bedroom was nice and spacious. One drawback I had was the maintenance and cleaniness of the room. There were a couple of utility outlets that didn't have covers on them at all. And there were also 2 walls where it looked like soda or something had been spilled and it was never cleaned well. I was there for 5 days and these things were never addressed. But the bed itself was great! I love the matress and the bedding felt great. If it wasn't for Jazz Fest calling to me, i might have stayed in that bed all day :-)!

All in all, this is an excellent hotel. It was remodeled recently, but it still retained all of the historic and charming freatures it had before. I didn't have a chance to check out the new bar, but i could hear some of the music as i entered the hotel. Will make a point of going there on my next visit. Had breakfast in the dining room. It was just ok and very much over priced. Had much better breakfast within wlaking distance of the hotel. Also, room service priced seemed a bit high. They changed more for room service food than for whatever you order in the dining room and also charge the standard additional service fee. I understand the service fee, but why charge more for the meal itself?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear DeeJon,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your recent Jazz Fest stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our atmosphere, location and spacious rooms which contributed to your grand stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with others and look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay!
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lovely small hotel in the midst of bustling NOLA. Our suite was spacious and comfortable with very nice amenities. The front desk and concierge service were very patient and helpful. The walk to the French Quarter was quick and safe. My husband and I had not been to New Orleans in nearly 35 years...we didn't get to explore everywhere we wanted, so we will be looking forward to our next stay at the Windsor Court next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Flamenco-Fans,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I'm happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and that our front desk and concierge were patient and helpful in your needs. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for another lovely stay in New Orleans!
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my first stay since the renovation of the hotel. Very well done. The suites are roomy and beautiful. Very helpful staff. You are truly treated as royalty. Looking forward to another visit soon. No comparison to any other hotel in new Orleans area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Philly180,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the renovations and that we continue to be your hotel of choice while visiting New Orleans. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!