“Beautiful place to relax in New Orleans” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
seattle, washington
“Beautiful place to relax in New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This beautiful hotel was a calm spot in the middle of so much concrete and short clad, drinking tourists. We had a beautiful suite that I booked through AMX platinum card. They offered us a nice upgrade, late check out and breakfast. The service was very attentive. The spa offered good massage and facials so we felt relaxed after hours of walking the city.
The pool is small and the sun does not hit it in the afternoon but it was a good place to sit in the late afternoon and read.
We would stay here again if ever visiting the city.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Renee B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear we provided you with a beautiful place to relax while in our great city! I am also happy to hear you enjoyed all the amenities that booking with Amex FH&R has to offer. We appreciate your recommendation and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!

883 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was booked into this hotel with a group during a conference but thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Before I go on, please be aware this is a hotel that is not inexpensive, but I think you get what you pay for at least in terms of service. Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful; also professional. When you arrive at the hotel the entrance is a courtyard which gives you the New Orleans charm you may be seeking. Large, inviting lobby and concierge desk. Nice business area to print out boarding passes. Lobby bathrooms feature private stalls with their own private sinks for washing up. A nice extra touch that finer hotels often offer. Rooms are large and roomy. My room featured a walk in foyer that opened to the large bedroom, armoire style desk and seating area. HUGE bathroom, marble, and nice separate dressing table with mirror. Big soft towels and Molton Brown amenities. Keurig coffee set up in foyer near bar. Robes with slippers, room safe in closet. WONDERFUL pool area. The pool area is small and intimate, but oh so relaxing. The grill/bar and lobby feature nightly piano entertainment. Although the food is excellent at the grill (and room service), please beware it's not inexpensive. One the best pluses for this hotel is that it's within walking distance to the convention center, French Quarter and Warehouse/Art District. A special hotel for special getaways and occasions.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room away from the elevators. My room was 1518 at the very end of the hall. Nice and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear NANCANVA,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our location, service and amenities and that your overall stay with us during your conference was a pleasant one! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your own to provide you with another wonderful experience.
Newport coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Best bed I've experienced in a hotel since I can remember and I think that the hotel is only half as good as the quality of the bed -- no good if you can't sleep. Large, spacious rooms with huge marble bathrooms. Immaculate and calming color palette. Staff is first rate! Love this hotel. Location is perfect too because you're close to the French Quarter but not too close and Harrah's is right across the street, but you'd never know it as this location is nice and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear quikwhit,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience to the Windsor Court. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed our beds and spacious accommodations and that our location was perfect for all you wanted to do in New Orleans. We appreciate your recommendation and patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I am sitting here at the hotel pool and I have enjoyed this hotel so much, I wanted to post a review. Obviously, I am thoroughly enjoying this place. It offers a plush luxury just a 2 minute walk from the craziness that is the French Quarter. It gives you a sense of seclusion while being in the middle of everything.

The grittiness of NOLA (and I mean that as a compliment) disappears as soon as you enter the lobby of the hotel. It is warm and inviting and the staff is just quality.

As for the room, it is not a room, but a suite and the suite is sweet. It is very large with a great sitting room and a large bedroom. A door seperates the two so one can watch tv or read without disturbing the other.

The bathroom is nice and there is a sit down place where my wife can do her makeup in peace and comfort. She says we now need an area like this at home.

I travel very often and the bed here is one of the best hotel beds I have ever been in. The sheets are crisp and clean.

As for the pool, it is great. But I am going to wrap up this review and head to the spa for a steam.

So in summary, I dig this place and don't want to leave.

• Stayed May 2013
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Steve R,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your current stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you and your wife are enjoying all that the hotel has to offer! We are happy to have you as our guest and look forward to continuing to provide you with a special experience.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I recently took my mother to the Windsor Court for Mother's Day weekend. We stayed there two night and will absolutely go back again. We stayed in a full suite on the club level. The room was gorgeously appointed with all the amenities you might need. The club level served food that was good and really could be an entire meal if you so chose. My mother and I had breakfast there every morning and appetizers with cocktails every evening. One evening my sister joined us as well. The staff was always welcoming and did everything they could to make sure you had everything you needed. I even had a manager cook my omelet one morning so that I wouldn't have to wait for the cook to return. When I had a problem with a parking charge it was immediately taken care of and I apologized to extensively which was not needed but it was nice. This is defiantly a hotel you go to to be pampered. With that being said there were just a few errors that my mother and I did not expect from this hotel. A robe was missing from our room, ice was not left in our bucket the first evening (which is a problem since there are no ice machines), and our turn down the first evening did not include those little chocolates (which you shouldn't eat but love to anyways.) However upon calling housekeeping each of these problems was solved (though it did take two calls to receive ice.) Overall those minor mistakes would not keep us from coming back.

Room Tip: Splurge a little and get the club level. It will pay off as you do not have to pay for breakfast, a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Rebecca P,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I'm so happy to hear you had a memorable Mother's Day weekend and that you enjoyed the services and amenities that the Club Level provided. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was a business trip and we wanted a pet friendly luxury hotel. Thats what we got! The hotel courtyard was beautifully landscaped and impeccably maintained. Beautiful lobby tastefully decorated, fresh flowers, clean and well kept. Our suite on the 18th floor faced the Mississippi River with a balcony and big windows to watch the barges and cruise ships pass. Awsome! Our suite had a small entry way, a wet bar, living room and double glass doors between bedroom & living room. Our bath had marble counters, lots of room, clean, plenty of towels, shower & toilet were in a seperate room. There was even a "powder" room off the main bath for us girls to wash and apply make up. Beds were comfy with luxury sheets/bedding & down pillows/comforters. We ordered room service and found it to be a pleasant experience. The location was great, close to many places of interest. We used the valet parking and were satisfied, no dings and prompt service. Love to go back !

Room Tip: Up high with a river view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear sharene h,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear you had such a great experience! We appreciate your comments and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was here 22 years ago, and the Windsor Court is just as elegant and refined as I remembered it. From the moment you enter the warm, enchanting lobby, you feel like royalty. Everyone was nice, helpful and friendly. They could not do enough for you. The rooms were large by hotel standards and so were the bathrooms. The bathroom amenities were first-rate.
The hotel has its own courtyard which adds to the privacy and makes you feel that you're notin the heart of a big city.
It is located one block off Canal St. and within easy walking distance to the French Quarter and the WWII Museum. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear jeffmd49,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay in New Orleans and at the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear that your return visit to the hotel was as wonderful as you remembered and that everything from the staff to the amenities to the location was to your liking. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!