“This May Be the Best Hotel in the Nation” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Allen
“This May Be the Best Hotel in the Nation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you are tired of paying for poor service, poor food, poor ambiance and a smoke filled environment, this may be the hotel for you. It is a bit more pricy, but "you get what you pay for."
The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful.
We typically avoid valet parking, but this was exceptional. No dings or scratches, but prompt service, for $45 per day - "you get what you pay for."
Amenities come with your Club Level guest room in the Club Lounge; 4 hour Continental Breakfast,10 hour Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks, 2 1/2 hour Afternoon Tea and 4 hour Cocktails and Hors d'oeuvres. The thing is, as simple as these sound, the truth is that the hotel puts out a spread with each except for the 10 hour drinks. All are complementary and come w/ the price of the room. And the view of the river from this 22 nd floor is spectacular.
All food is gourmet: chocolate covered strawberries, weekend egg omelets, to order, pastries, cereals, juices, great brewed coffee, teas, crayfish added to omelets and other dishes, too many to mention. The point is we purchased only one meal the whole time we were in New Orleans. A big savings. Now, how much did the room cost?
The room: * individual room temperature control on easy to operate thermostat, * comfortable beds, * great shower w/ "rain" shower head, * two large flat screen TV's, one in the BR and one in the LR, * ladies makeup counter w/ sink, separate from the bath, * entry area w/ mini bar.
The walls are constructed for quiet and privacy. We heard no neighbors. This place is the best. And the four elevators are quick, no slow pokes.
ONE caution: The minibar is automatic. If you remove anything for inspection, it automatically charges to your room. Snacks, included.
Your privacy is respected. The "DND" door sign eliminated all hotel intrusions.
If I ever return to New Orleans, this is the only hotel I will consider. I was dreading the trip until this experience changed my mind completely.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views and rooms on the south side have river views. There is a casino acro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear John D,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and complimentary review of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations and that you place us on a pedestal as one of the best in the nation. We are very appreciative of your recommendation and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

If your idea of a luxury hotel is bringing your own towels, shampoo and perhaps a vacuum to clean with, then by all means stay at Windsor Court. I have stayed at many luxury hotels accross the world this is NOT LUXURY. It is like an old fading, tired designer dress where the wearer cannot afford another nor do they wish to clean the one they have. We could not get clean towels, or even coffee pods for the coffeemaker provided in the room. We then had to endure bad service at breakfast. The first morning we sat out in the "patio" area for breakfast, the second morning I asked if we e seated in the patio and was told by the manager that the hotel had a "strict" policy for seating in the patio. REALLY? I mean we were paying $500 a night, tables were open and we could not sit in the patio. Let me add that I had to get up from our table and get my own salt and forget being offered second cup of coffee or extra anything. The only pleasant people were the concierge and doorman. The room was dirty, I mean black mold in the shower and cracked tiles and this in a suite. THE INTERNET SERVICE WAS A JOKE! if you want to stay connected go sleep in front of a Starbucks. It was so frustrating. We had wonderful food and a great time in New Orleans, we just didn't want to go back to our $500 luxury room. How sad is that!! STAY AT THE RITZ!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Ashley558,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so deeply sorry and disappointed to hear about the experiences you had. This is certainly not the luxury Windsor Court experience we can and are able to provide. I would like to take the time to personally speak with you about your experiences in order to address your concerns, so please feel free to contact my office directly at your convenience. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Windsor Court Hotel and can't say enough good things about it. I've been coming to New Orleans for many years now and each time I've always stayed at various hotels because I have yet to find one that I've really enjoyed staying at.

The Windsor Court Hotel has been an entirely different experience altogether. The hotel is clean, well designed, and beautifully decorated. Not ostentatious, but still very classy. The customer service was also amazing. From the valets to housekeeping to the front desk, everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful.

About the rooms... I was in a suite and was very happy with my room. The bedroom was separated by French doors and had its own balcony. The living area was spacious and bright, and even included a little kitchenette.

Room service was so-so, although I can't say I've ever been to a hotel that had phenomenal room service food.

All around, just a wonderful experience. I do plan to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear MariaLuvsNOLA,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. It makes me so happy to hear that after trying various hotels in the city, that you have found one that you will try more than once! Your recommendation and patronage are truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stay at this hotel for 2 days in May. Here are the pros: I think each room is a suite consisting of the living room, bedroom, separate bathroom, and powder room. So you get a lot of square footage for the price. Hotel had a pool which is a plus for me although the weather was too cold to test it. I used the fitness center and it was well stocked with equipment. Tried to eat at a restaurant but they were full. Had dinner at the bar one day. The bar had live music and I believe there was also live music in the lobby. Prices for food were high but that is to be expected. Location of the hotel is excellent, right across the street from the casion and close to the Quarter. An excellent but expensive restaurant called August is located right next to the hotel.

Now the cons. Most hotels in NOLA are old and I personally do not like old hotels. This hotel is located inside a high rise building that looks like a residential appartment building. The exterior does not look that old but the room was. Scratches from luggage on the walls, old carpet etc. The room definitely needed some sprucing up. Also the room was on fifth floor and you were basically looking out at a roof so if you want a better view get a room that is higher than the fifth floor.

Would I recommend this hotel and would I stay there again? Probably. I was told that this is one of the top 3 hotels in NOLA together with Ritz and Roosevelt. I have not stayed at those hotels so I cannot comment. Overall I would be willing to give this hotel another try in the hopes of getting a room in a better condition.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jason M,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that, overall, you had a pleasant stay; however, I am disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with the room amenities. We completed a multi-million dollar renovation last year to all of our accommodations, so I will certainly take a look at the room you were in to see if some freshening up needs to occur. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to welcoming you back for the stay you expect and deserve.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

If u are going to be at the convention center and want the best hotel this is it! Not cheap by NOLA rates but a great bargain by almost any other city. Close to the convention center and the quarter. Beautiful lobby and rooms. Great bar and restaurant. All in all, this is the Plaza in NOLA.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear DrJimmy84,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear our location provided you with central access to all your business and leisure needs while in New Orleans. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Polo Lounge in the Windsor Court is quiet, elegant and serves top notch cocktails. The bartenders make perfect conventional and unique cocktails. All employees are friendly but not too casual. Extensive wine choices. Adjoins the famous hotel restaurant which allows for excellent bar food. Sophisticated adult cocktail lounge located in a 5-Stars hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear martinibill7777,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent visit to the Polo Club Lounge. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience from the service, to the atmosphere, to our extensive list of wine and spirits. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to New Orleans.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

After staying a night at the Westin in NO (yuck!), it was such a pleasure to walk in to the Windsor. We were greeted several times and helped to the front desk. It felt like they knew us as returning guests. The lobby was beautifully decorated with amazing art. Our room on the 16th floor had two small balconies and was sparkling clean. The details of things like the nice furniture and great tile work in the bathroom caught my eye. Great and spacious room for the same rate we paid the night before at the other hotel. The pool was warm and bartender very friendly. What a great place to stay. If you are on a budget, this well worth a little splurge for a night or two. Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Tessmerp,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and met your needs to provide you with the perfect stay. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to create a memorable rest of your stay in New Orleans and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!