“Nice hotel for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

First time in New Orleans. Attended a business event at this hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The food was excellent - both at the catered event and in the Grill Room restaurant. Great location near, but not in, the French Quarter and the River.

Room Tip: I had a room with a view of the river, but that meant it faced the casino across the street. Next t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear cmbtravel1,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as your meeting, and that you in particular found our culinary offerings to be excellent across the board. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

975 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and clean. The location is good and I have only positive things to say about the accommodations. I have nothing positive to say about the service. We stayed on the club level and the staff was neither friendly nor welcoming. They did not acknowledge us and were anything but hospitable. In fact, they acted as if we were bothering them by coming into the club lounge. They did not speak other than to tell us to sign in. We have always stayed at the Ritz but a friend told us to try the Windsor Court. We plan to go back to the Ritz on our next trip to NOLA.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Perpesca,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us.

I am so disappointed to hear you did not have a positive service experience on our Club Level. Our Club Level team members are some of the most lauded on our staff, so this is certainly not the norm. I will research and address this immediately.

I apologize that your experience was anything less than perfect and hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back for the stay you expect and deserve. Please don't hesitate to contact my office for your future stay.
Port Washington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I loved the look of the hotel. I traveled with friends. I liked that they offered turn down service at night. One morning, one of the lights burst in the bathroom. We called Maint and they were up in minutes to fix and clean up the shattered bulb. They also apologized for the inconvience. The Polo Bar was also very nice, the waitstaff was very attentive. The hotel was decorated very nice. We all had a great couple of days. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear jessie258,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that the atmosphere and service met your expectations. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay soon!
Ringoes, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was my second stay at the Windsor Court, and after a flawless first stay, this one was a bit of a disappointment. The staff was very professional, yet friendly, both times, and the hotel itself is very elegant. Both times, I've had a nice room, but this time -- the week before the Superbowl, my room felt that it'd been a bit neglected. When i arrived, there was someone else's hair in my sink and on the floor of the bathroom (ew!), the scale didn't work (okay, who wants a scale in the Big Easy when the restaurants are so great?), the floor lamp in my sitting area didn't work, and when I turned away house-keeping, who managed to show up in during the two hours that i was in my room, they didn't return later. (And when I told them about my broken light, they told me that I should call maintenance, which seemed a tad unresponsive.) I had work to do and the internet service left quite a little to be desired. Of course, none of this made my stay miserable -- the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, etc. -- but I felt a little let down. I'd still recommend this hotel -- it's very lovely, and the service is gracious -- but it'd benefit from just a little more effort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear GardenStateThree,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that this stay did not live up to past visits with us. Having previously had a flawless stay, I hope you can agree that what you experienced is not the norm. I appreciate you alerting us of where we fell short so that I can address them with the appropriate teams. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back for the stay you expect and deserve.
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been to New Orleans several times and I have stayed at several different hotels in the city but this hotel is by far my favorite hotel in New Orleans. With so many great options in New Orleans, my partner and I had a hard time choosing a hotel for this trip. We ended up choosing this hotel mainly because they had a great deal $229 a night Visa credit card deal for a Junior Suite and it included free Continental Breakfast. However I fell in love with the hotel for four reasons: 1.The Rooms: Per another review on Trip Advisor we asked for a room with a view and they upgraded us from a junior suite to a suite in order to get the view. And even though I have stayed in other suites, this suite was by far the best suite I have ever stayed in, with a separate living room, wet bar, roomy two room bathroom and a balcony. And the room had the best view ever. This suite was our home away from home. 2. The Breakfast: Included in our hotel rate was free continental breakfast which usually equates to croissants and muffins. And we were not going to take advantage of the free breakfast since we wanted to venture out and try some more great New Orleans food. However we chose to go to the restaurant the first morning to get a quick bite before our busy day and we were pleasantly surprised to learn that you could either use the free continental breakfast vouchers to either eat the free continental breakfast which included tips and taxes or use the vouchers worth $46 towards ordering off of the menu and we decided to use the vouchers to order off of the menu and we only had to pay for the anything over $46 which for us was just orange juice and coffee and tipping was included. 3.The Location: We originally wanted a hotel right next to Bourbon street and even though this hotel is further away from Bourbon street than we initially wanted, we found that we preferred this hotel location a lot better because this hotel is in a quiet and clean part of the city and it is only walking distance away from everything with also a Trolley nearby to venture out. 4.Internet: The hotel had free wireless internet

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dgavlas,

Thank you for your review on your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. We appreciate such a glowing recommendation and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, food, service and location. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here for a week over Mardi Gras in a full suite. The suite was very nice, great size, wonderfully furnished, the beds were so incredibly comfortable, nice amenities in the bathroom and the whole suite exceptionally clean. The staff was really amazing, friendly and more helpful than imagined during the insane week that is Mardi Gras. The location was perfect for just going out watching the parades and a quick return back to the hotel and very out of the way of all the craziness that is Bourbon Street at night. The suite had a balcony that overlooked the parade route which was very nice as well...though a bit noisy at times. During the weekdays there was construction across the street which was a bit annoying since it started much earlier than I wanted to wake up. I understand the hotel had no control over this. I would hope the rooms were a bit more soundproof to the noises that occur outside. However the hotel is really incredible and the staff is super awesome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear slayton1250,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear you found our location to be ideal for your Mardi Gras celebrations and that our amenities and service were a respite for you as well. We were delighted to have welcomed you for such an extended period of time and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great experience, restaurant was outstanding, rooms are very large and bed sleeps great! Supersize restrooms. Love the decor! Nicole at front desk was helpful! Elevators are quick. You could sit inside and see parades! Easy walk to World War 2 museum! Love the bike taxi that picks you up and takes you into French market. Great staff of guys that greet you when you arrive! Hopefully will be back!

• Stayed February 2013
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear tharcher,

Thank you for posting your review on your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I'm happy to hear you had a memorable Mardi Gras stay with us and that our service and amenities were to your liking. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay and look forward to welcoming you back here with us again soon!

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!