“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Tallulah, Louisiana
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The best place I have ever stayed while in New Orleans. May want to request a box fan because city street noise can still be loud at 3 am in the Big Easy. Reserve a suite and enjoy a very spacious room with balcony for a reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Jonny H,

Thank you for your post about your recent stay here. I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and am honored you think of us as the best hotel you have stayed at in New Orleans. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Cypress, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have stayed here several times over the years, and this December was not quite what we had experienced in the past.First,when we checked in the person working said they upgraded us to a full suite.WRONG.We booked a full suite.Next,they failed to give us turn down service one night and almost forgot to clean our room.We had to call at 3pm and they were not too friendly.Last,and this was the most disappointing,we stayed on the concierge level and the staff was pitiful.There was one really exceptional lady working in the evening but the gentleman ( David)is the most pathetic person I have ever met.So unfriendly,not what you expect from such a classy hotel.The decor is still by far the nicest,but I do not think we will be staying anymore.The Ritz Carlton seems to be more appealing and worth not checking out.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room facing the river.Our room faced a big air conditioning unit that was noisy...
Dear iizzycoco10,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay. We strive to provide the best in product and services, so I deeply apologize that we did not deliver on this occasion. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and will be sure to share them with our team as we are constantly striving for perfection. We hope we can still have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for the stay you expect and deserve.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

So Disappointed. I have stayed at the Windsor Court many times over the years, and it always represented to me the finest in luxury hotels. But things change, and things have changed at the Windsor Court.

When I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised to be informed that I had been upgraded to a “full suite.” No idea why, but hey. Works. So what was wrong? Way too many little things. The “full suite” was very small, but adequate; about the size of a very large sleeping room, where a wall was put up to separate it from the parlor. The ceilings were very low, and it was very dark. The lighting was way insufficient. There was no overhead lighting and the lamps scattered around the room were inadequate. The furnishings were strangely sparse. In the sleeping area, a large space but a rectangle, there was a bed; the TV was on the side wall, as there wasn’t enough room between the bed and the wall to the parlor. In the remaining space in the “rectangle,” there was one lone chair with an ottoman and a small side table. No lamp and a lot of empty space. There was nothing on the walls by way of pictures, but there were plenty of smudges.

Other things were just poorly thought out. There were no free outlets by the bed or by the couch. There was a nice dressing area with a magnifying mirror, however the mirror didn’t pull out far enough to be useful, and the chair to the dressing table was too low to use. The temperature controls were hard to use, and even when figured out, I was unable to make the room comfortable. The remote control for the TV was bizarre. The print was terribly small, and as I mentioned, the light was terrible. I could not for the life of me figure out how to change the channels. I called engineering, and they came and showed me the button – bizarrely, not marked “channel.”

All those are little things, but cumulatively, they made for not such a great stay. Any Westin anywhere would provide a more comfortable room. And overall, the Hotel seemed just tired and dated. The walls were smudged. The elevator doors chipped. This grand old lady has lost its luster. And that makes me sad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Barbara M,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. As we completed a renovation of all the accommodations and much of the public space just last year, I am disappointed to hear you did not find your suite to be up to your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will use them to continue to ensure the hotel is maintained to the finest of standards. I am sorry we could not provide you with the experience you were looking for this time around, but look forward to future opportunities of welcoming you back.
South Pole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We like this place. It certainly is done up beautifully at Christmas time. And there always seems to be some great music playing in either the 1st floor lobby bar or the second floor lounge.

But, every day we had some small service problems. One day we ran out of toilet paper. Another day we had no coffee stirrers or fresh glasses for drinks. Another time we asked for lemons and they never came (we waited two hours). Asked a man at the concierge desk to either have our clock radio fixed or replace it while we were at dinner, but it was not done.

The price on suites is great, but they kill you on room service and the mini bar. $16 for a mini bottle of Grey Goose? $34 for a pizza smaller than a medium from a large chain pizza maker. $9.37 for a beer!

Need end tables on both sides of the beds.
Must call room service for ice (which is a pain in the you-know-what).
No fan in toilet and shower.
Sliding glass door for balcony very difficult to move.

After we made our first reservation and were on their mailing list, they alerted us to a great deal that was a better rate than what we had booked. Plus, they gave us a $50/day credit to use anywhere in the hotel.

Room Tip: get a suite. can't beat the price per square foot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear HomoQuiScitOmnia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent visit to the hotel. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable visit, but am disappointed to hear about a few of the challenges you encountered. Please know that I will be addressing these oversights with the appropriate departments as these occurrences are certainly not up to the Windsor Court standard. I deeply apologize for these missteps and hope that we can still have the opportunity to welcome you back again for the stay you expect and deserve.
Lakewood, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband arranged a surprise trip to see my sister for the holidays and we stayed 3 nights at Windsor Court it was beautifully decorated for the Holidays with a very large tree and a train running around the base. It's a busy Hotel and all the staff are very nice and helpful. Our room was clean and ready. My only problem was that on Friday and Saturday we left our rooms early and returned at around 4pm and they hadn't been cleaned. Housekeeping came around 5pm and I asked them to come back in an hour (when we left again) and they did. I'm sure it was only because of the high volume of guests for the holidays all in all I would come back and stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear mary n,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear we could be a part of your husband's special holiday surprise. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay!
Grapevine, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We reserved a two queen bed club level suite. Arrived at 5:30p but room wasn't ready. Front desk clerk very nice but initially had a "it's no big deal, just sit over there and wait or go hang out in the club lounge and wait" expectation. After traveling 9 hours and having a check in time of 3pm, that room should have been ready. After 15 minutes of standing there waiting, the assistant front desk manager offered us a $200 credit to The Grill Room. So we went there, road bedraggled. The hostess and wait staff were extremely welcoming. We had a lovely dinner that consumed all of that $200. The front desk clerk brought our room key to our table and she had the bellman deliver our luggage to our room. So they definitely made up for a dismal first impression. I'm saying this not to knock them, but to say there may be issues but given a chance, they will resolve them. The room was very nice with a large bedroom, large living room, nice sized entryway, a very large bathroom in 3 sections to make it easy for multiple people to use it, and a small balcony. We had a river view. The beds were VERY comfortable. When they got busy, getting my car from the valet was not an easy process so give them extra time for that. I wasn't impressed with any of the concierges with whom I spoke. Also the club level food/drink offerings are not remotely on par with those at The Ritz Carlton. What they had was fine but very limited in comparison.

Dear Gpvtxgirl,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us and that despite the initial delay, our staff was proactive in trying to make you as comfortable as possible. I will certainly take all of your other comments back to our team as we utilize this feedback to consistently improve our services and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to welcoming you back for another opportunity to provide you with the stay you expect and deserve.
Roslyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you can get an affordable deal at the Windsor Court it is probably the most luxurious place in town. We got a deal on a suite that made our stay most enjoyable. The suite was beautiful, as is the lobby and everything else there. The service was great, although it took a few calls to get a roll a way bed delivered and the remote controls fixed. I would avoid eating here because the prices are ridiculously high. Staying in such a place, however, makes the whole vacation.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and the elevators are turbo charged so it'll take no time to get to yo...
Dear npforr,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you find our hotel to be one of the most luxurious in town. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!