“Wonderful Suite Hotel in the French Quarter” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Nashville, Tennessee
“Wonderful Suite Hotel in the French Quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

The Windsor Court is an exceptional all suite hotel at the far end Of the French Quarter. It is located within walking distance to Harrah's Casino and a small mall with Sak's Fifth Avenue as an anchor.

The hotel is magical and at Christmas it is spectacular. There is a stunning Christmas tree in the lobby which is mammoth. They have a wonderful high tea with carolers.

We were given a corner room on the 13th floor.The room was spacious, quiet, and relaxing. The Bathroom was nice but the old style tub. Parking was valet only but if you call ahead in need of your vehicle. It is not a problem. However, you could see there could be a potential for problems. . The best thing to do is to park the car and walk or take cabs.

The Grill is a blast from the past and worth a visit. Have a cocktail and enjoy the luxurious surroundings of this bar.

There were fascinating paintings on the walls of the hotel. If you love history, the paintings are a history lesson in itself.

Awesome hot!el with great service.

• Stayed December 2012
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear MustangRoxie,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found our accommodations and our staff to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your positive recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!

938 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Opelousas, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The old service at the windsor court is back. The last few years have had a few glitches, but the newly re-decorated rooms were beautiful. The staff was back to 5-star quality and the food of course was delicious.

Room Tip: The suites have been remodeled and are a great choice for families. Plenty of room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear slsj1219,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear you had such an awesome experience here with us and that our staff was able to provide you with the 5-Star quality of service we are so known for. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay!
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Windsor Court a number of times and have always enjoyed being there. Most recently we selected the hotel for a meeting of some 35 people from across the country. Though there were a couple of glitches -- meeting room's temperature too cool and apparently difficult to adjust -- a valet parking attendant who seemed not to understand the system -- we were pleased with the overall experience. The staff is friendly and helpful and the recent updating of the guest rooms is very nicely done. We will continue to keep the Windsor Court at the top of the list.

Room Tip: The river view is great.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nancy H,

Thank you for writing about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay here with us. Thank you for keeping us at the top of your list. We look forward to welcoming you back here with us on your next trip to New Orleans!
New Braunfels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Easy walking distance to the French Quarter and right across the street from Harrah's. Quiet at night, very comfortable rooms, good bar. I experienced some of the computer issues noted in other reviews. How many of us have experienced issues with computer conversions, either at work or home?? You have to be patience with this kind of situation.

I would definitely go back to this property.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear sndtrp,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you also for your understanding during the transition to our new system. We truly appreciate your patience and are happy you were able to take great advantage of all the hotel's amenities and location have to offer.

We appreciate your patronage and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Have stayed here before but this time was a struggle. Hotel had installed new computer system and it affected everything! Check in was slow, they sent us to a room that had not been cleaned, sent a fax for someone else to our room and couldn't deliver an order of fries in the bar in less than 30 minutes. May have to find a new spot to stay.

Dear Sagfwag,

Thank you for posting your review on your recent trip to New Orleans. I'm sorry to hear you experienced so many challenges during your stay. As you mentioned, the hotel did install a new computer system and in the first few days of operation, we unfortunately could not be as efficient as we typically are. We have continued to get better and are back to normal operation. We appreciate your patience during that time and look forward to welcoming you back for a much smoother stay.
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I checked into the hotel at 7:30pm only to find my room, which I already paid for a month prior, was not ready. I was told they were still cleaning it and it would be 30 minutes. After I questioned how they could be cleaning a room at 7:30 at night, I was told the hotel was experiencing computer issues. Upon arriving at my club room, there was a case a dead roses in the bathroom. The dead flowers have clearly been there for over a week. I doubt anyone has actually been in this room in awhile. I now can understand how this once great hotel has been surpasses by many others in the city.

• Stayed December 2012
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear John H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review on TripAdvisor. I deeply apologize for the inconveniences and frustrations you experienced upon check-in. The hotel is in the first days of an entire system upgrade, so we appreciate your patience and understanding while the team gets fully proficient on the system. This is certainly not typical of the welcome arrival process we are able to provide. We look forward to exceeding your expectations now and in the future.
La Grange Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I responded to a pre-arrival email from the concierge in which I indicated that we would be arriving late in the evening, required a roll-away for my son, and were taking the trip to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. This email was never acknowledged. Thus, I called the hotel before leaving home to ensure my late arrival was anticipated. The woman that answered curtly explained that I was holding 2 reservations - one thru the hotel and one thru Expedia. I told her I would call back, I checked the status of the briefly held Expedia reservation [which had been cancelled on the same day I booked it], and called back to ask once again that the record made directly with the hotel noted my late arrival. Upon checking in, I once again was told about my 2 'reservations' and I displayed the cancellation notice to the check-in person. I asked about the roll-away, and he said they were full and had none. I asked for linens to be brought to the room so my son had a blanket for the sofa; I was then told to wait - maybe he could find a roll-away at a sister hotel. The bed was brought to the room within 20 minutes. The next day, I checked w/the front desk again regarding the 'double booking' and was told the record made with the hotel had been cancelled and I was only holding the Expedia record. After much discussion, during which I explained again that they would not be receiving any money from Expedia as they no longer had a booking, the records were merged. I finally asked if they did anything with the information I provided regarding my husband's birthday trip, and the lady said she would take care of it. Nothing ever happened - why take the information and then do nothing with it? I would not waste money on this hotel again - pretty - but just not a sufficient level of customer service for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear CMGtraveler,

Thank you for writing about your recent experience to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am disappointed to hear about the challenges you encountered throughout your stay and I deeply apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing a personalized experience tailored to your needs, so I am sorry we fell short. Rest assured, I have already addressed our team about the challenges you encountered. Thank you for your patronage - we look forward to welcoming you back for the stay you expect and deserve.

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!