“Fine Hotel with Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Slidell, Louisiana
“Fine Hotel with Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at the Windsor Court Hotel. The full suite is very spacious with a great layout. The bathroom and dress area is oversized and the butler pantry is just right. The beds are comfortable also. From the 17th floor balcony there is a great view of the city at night. Everyone in the hotel is extremely friendly and helpful. You are treated like royalty 24/7 during your entire stay. The hotel location is close enough to walk to everything downtown New Orleans has to offer. The best thing about this hotel is that you pay more to stay at a very nice place and you check out feeling like it was worth it. A very big thank you to your staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

949 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I was traveling to New Orleans to visit with my son. I didn't realize prior to booking my flight that I would be arriving at noon on Fat Tuesday. I had several conversations with Adam from concierge discussing the possible difficulty in my getting to the hotel. He was extremely helpful in offering suggestions. He said that a cab may be able to get me nearby, and he would send a bellman to help me the rest of the way. After speaking to a couple of cab companies who didn't seem interested in driving into the quarter at that time of day, I changed my reservation to arrive n Wednesday.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the amazing team at the front door. We were quickly welcomed and wisked from our car and delivered to check-in. We were escorted with our bags to our room, a lovely suite. Our Bellman placed our luggage on racks at the end of our beds and made sure we had everything we needed.

We have stayed at this hotel many times, and the rooms vary. My son and I had a great laugh because our bathroom had a bidet. Our first visit here had the same style suite. My boys were teens then and they got quite a kick out of their first experience with a bidet.

Our corporate rate included daily continental breakfast which we chose to have delivered to the room. Each day I phoned room service and was greeted by Lenore (I think) who was very efficient and pleasant. After taking my order, she assured me that it would be delivered within 30 minutes. As she stated, within 30 minutes, our breakfast was delivered each morning by very friendly, polite room service staff who set our table as if we were royalty, right down to the fresh flowers. The breakfast was fresh and delicious.

All the hotel staff are friendly, polite and professional. I especially want to thank the Doorman who has been there since we've been staying at the Windsor Court. I am embarrassed that his name escapes me as he always greeted me by name when leaving or returning to the hotel.

Our housekeeping staff were like ghosts. We left in the morning and returned to a clean room. When we left for dinner, we returned to clean towels, turn down service, and yummy treats on our pillow. Our slippers and robes were placed by our beds . Thank you Housekeeping!

Does the hotel need updating? Maybe. I was pleased to see that each room now has a coffee maker (which 6 months ago it did not). But, as we packed to leave, my son said to me, "it may need some decorative updating, but we would stay here for the quality of service that we receive each time we stay. I really hate to leave!"

My question to management is, how do you get the lobby to smell like gardenias? Lovely!

Thanks Windsor Court.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
WindsorCourtGM, Owner at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Dear Martypaula,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Windsor Court experience. It was a pleasure to hear your stay with us was enjoyable and that the service provided by our staff and management exceeded your expectations!

We take extreme pride in delivering world class service with a touch of charm. Whether for business or leisure, we strive to treat all guests like royalty.

We are very happy to hear that you have made the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your plans bring you to New Orleans.
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My wife and I chose to stay one night at the Windsor Court enroute to Florida from Texas. After a twelve hour day on the road, we were looking forward to a good nights sleep and an overnight to recharge our batteries to hit the road again in the morning.

As we drove into the city there were motorcyle police everywhere with screaming sirens escorting buses through the city streets. I thought there was either a sports event or some political dignitary and his entourage arriving. I guess we were the only people on the planet who didn't know that it was the first day of Mardi Gras (which we were informed of when we reached the hotel).

We checked into the hotel at a discounted rate arranged the prior evening by a direct phone call to the hotel's front office manager. Our GPS guided us into the labyrinth of downtown streets and to the hotel. we drove into a beautiful walled courtyard (it had the feel of arriving at a private mansion) and were greeted at our car door by friendly staff. Valet Parking in a secure garage with an overnight charge for the parking. The hotel is older, but elegant and sophisticated.

The same manager who I had spoken to the previous evening greeted us upon arrival (he had a very unsual first name - the same as our favorite cruise line). He gave us a beautiful corner room, despite our discounted room rate (and no doubt a full hotel). In retrospect, I am amazed we were even able to GET a room during this annual event. Somehow, arriving clueless turned out to be an advantage.

Sleep would have to wait as there was a Mardi Gras parade right outside our 5th floor window - we watched in comfortable night clothes. The parade went on for hours and provided a superb experience. We've avoided this world famous festival - thinking about all of the debauchery touted by the media, it just wasn't my style.

I was surprised by the reality of what we saw. Little kids and families on the side of the street, dressed up in carnival outfits with funny hats, adults (fully dressed) and enjoying themselves, high school and military bands, it was one of the best parades we've ever seen.

The rooms are spacious, the beds and linens finest quality and comfortable. The bath was spacious, marble and had two sitting/sink areas (one in the bath and one outside of it). the hotel is a short walk to the tourist areas of New Orleans - the french quarter and their beautiful waterfront.

Other comments at this site have discussed the televisions. True, they are not flat screen, high definition sets that you might expect - in fact the television sets are ancient. The kind you might expect a coat hanger for an antenna, Faces were green - it was comical - but my answer to that is - who comes to New Orleans to watch television. I think the televisions are probably the only flaw in the armor of this superb hotel.

We were tired from our trip and chose to order room service. They have a restaurant in the hotel. thinking there might be a larger choice I called room service and requested a menu from their restaurant. Within minutes the Room Service Supervisor, dressed in a suit and tie, showed up at our door with the menu and let us know we could order anything we wished from either the standard room service menu or from the restaurant menu. We chose the restaurant menu and were not disappointed.

it was an Incredible meal. Rack of lamb, creme brulee. I was concerned that ordering only one meal and splitting it would bring an inadequate amount of food. So I also ordered a Margherita Pizza (we were unable to finish the pizza as there was just too much food). Excellent taste, large portions. In fact, the meal was one of the finest we've ever had in a hotel from room service.

During our week long road trip we spent time in many of the cookie cutter, omnipresent hotels that populate every interstate exit. The Windsor Court was like stepping into a Mercedes after driving a Yugo. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Dear LenM,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Windsor Court experience. It was a pleasure to hear that you had such a wonderful time and had the opportunity to experience Mardi Gras! We take extreme pride in delivering world class service with a touch of charm.

We hope that you will make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your plans bring you to New Orleans.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

We went with friends that usually stay at another hotel closer to Royal Street . My brother had eaten at windsor Court years ago. Another friends mother had once stayed there . So decided to take a chance and stay at the hotel. It was luxurious and yet had an old school charm. Although our friends had their neighborhood joints that they liked to go for breakfast, my husband and I slept in and started our day each morning eating in the hotel's lovely dining room. It felt as if you were in an enclosed dining room. It actually felt from European! We loved the hotel. It was classy yet not cold or too reserved.
The concierge was helpful but our well seasoned traveler friends knew so many hot spots for restaurants that we had the time of our lives!
Rooms do vary in size so spend extra and get a superior room. You will live like a queen!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
Dear Gallerygirl09,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Windsor Court experience. It was a pleasure to hear your stay with us was enjoyable and that we exceeded your expectations! We take extreme pride in delivering world class service with a touch of charm.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I must say I was very impressed by the caliber of the Windsor Court. The lobby is brilliant and clean and the hotel staff is ultra-friendly and helpful. Unfortunately it rained 2 of the days we stayed here, but the doormen stood right outside the lobby, handing complimentary umbrellas to all guests leaving the hotel. We lost most ours somewhere on Bourbon St, which was, I'm sure, to be expected.
Our room was huge. Walking in there's a small wet-bar and then a grand sitting area with couches, a table and a balcony. Make a right through double french doors and you find the bedroom- a desk, a giant bed, a pop-up television and another balcony. Turn right from there and you find a small closest area with room for a dresser and some ironing, and through there is the bathroom. The room was awesome and the bed was so comfortable that our first night at home left us stiff and honestly we are now shopping for a new mattress and pillows that would somehow compare to the luxe ones we had at Windsor Court.
I have 2 small complaints. First, they have a lovely Keurig coffee-maker in the room but the coffee was never refilled. I didn't find it important enough to call anyone about though- I'm sure they would have brought more coffee if I had- but at the same time I feel the cleaning staff should obviously check and refill a wet-bar, same as they would the soap in the bathroom.
Second, I found showering here to be a huge pain. I don't know if it's the hotel or the city itself, but the water is so soft it took 5 extra minutes to wash the soap off my body. Also, the drain was kinda clogged which is never any fun, but again, I never called down about it so I can't really complain.
All in all, this hotel is wonderful. Everything is walking distance, everyone is nice and helpful, and the rooms are luxurious and well kept. Stay here!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Cindela,

I'm sorry to hear about the lapses in service you experienced but would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve them. We take extreme pride in delivering world class service with a touch of charm.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Had a suite with a magnificent river view and balcony which was terrific. Bell and concierge staff were fantastic and check in and out a breeze. Hotel location is terrific, close to the Quarter but not too close and also close to access points for many other attractions. The lounge and food in the lounge were above average and the bar staff very friendly and attentive. Only issue during our stay was the replacement of wine glasses by the housekeeping staff but a quick call rectified the problem. Had a great stay overall, the suites are huge and well worth the extra tariff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Scotton52,

Thank you for choosing the Windsor Court and for sharing your experience. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your experience and felt the warm hospitality of the staff.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse of service you experienced during your visit and thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the situation. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service and to ensure that each and every one of your stays with us is a most pleasant and memorable one.

Clemson, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Many people rate this the best hotel in New Orleans; it is certainly near the top. Extremely friendly, helpful staff. Tasteful courtyard and lobby; the flowers were overwhelming. Confortable rooms. Superb food. Good music in the Polo Club lounge. The famous afternoon tea a most enjoyable experience. Easy walk to Quarter and other important locations, but away from the worst noise and congestion. Except for a few small service snafus, we were most pleased and will return there on our next visit to the Crescent City.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2011

I'm sorry to hear about the service snafus but would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve them. We take extreme pride in delivering world class service with a touch of charm.

Been to Windsor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!