“A weekend with Andrew Jackson” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin New Orleans Canal Place

You added The Westin New Orleans Canal Place to your Saves list
The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Rue Iberville, New Orleans, LA 70130-1106 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #95 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A weekend with Andrew Jackson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Westin is an ideal location for visiting the French Quarter. The hotel rooms are large and well stocked. Try for a room with a view of the river. There is safe, convenient, covered parking at One Canal place.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Mississippi River. Great for watching the river traffic as well as seeing...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Longview, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel needs a serious facelift. We still enjoyed our stay , it just needs updating. Its nice to be located on the edge of the French Quarter but out of all the crowds. I would still consider this hotel in the future

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The view from the 11th floor lobby is breath taking! You can see up the Mississippi River. Stayed the weekend--food and bar were very nice. Great location and the staff was very friendly. Room was okay but the bed was extra nice. Adjacent to the high end mall and across from Harrahs. A short walk and you are in the French quarter.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Corpus Christi, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were forced to stay at the Westin a second time because our favorite (Hilton River) was booked. Again the hotel is staffed with a some people who have an attitude and when you are spending that kind of money, you expect decent service. No ice on 7 floors that we checked? Come on, They should be able to do better than that. When we requested ice from from front desk, no "I'm sorry".....just rude response..."We'll have it there in 20-30 minutes". Also, don't expect to get change. They sent us to the bar and the bartender didn't even check if she had change. Just said "I can't change a $50". Again, no "I'm sorry". I will say that the concierge had to best attitude and offered to help in any way she could. She expedited the ice delivery. She was good, but don't think we will stay at the Westin again if we have options.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Westin was located centrally, in walking distance from Bourbon Street, across the street from Harrah's Casino, and on top of a nice mall, with Lululemon, Saks, BCBG and other great stores.
It is also a 10 minute walking distance from the Riverwalk Outlet Mall.

The rooms were large, clean and impeccable service from the concierge, cleaning staff and doormen. The lobby has the most breathtaking view of the Mississippi river. The only downside is that getting to the rooms took 2 separate elevators, which got a little annoying.

We were in town for a conference and paid $209/night in November. Celebrities (who shall remain nameless) were in town for various events and also stayed in the hotel too. I ran into 2 of them in the lobby and elevator. When I'm in town, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Brian A, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, 1 week ago
What a nice review! Thanks for your business and your endorsement. Our location seems to always get the strong marks and the view of the river is the best anywhere, but it was good to read the recognition you gave our team members. They work hard to provide the best possible service to our guests. We receive feedback about the two elevator banks from time to time, but it is certainly much more secure than if Canal Place visitors had direct access to guest floors. Finally, I'm sure the celebrities appreciate you keeping their identity confidential. We certainly value their business as well.

We hope you will visit us again soon.
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You can't ask for a better location and view than this hotel, but a few kinks during my stay caused me to rate this at a 3. I received two wake up calls at approx. 5 am and they were for the wrong room. I was comped a meal for this inconvenience, but it should be noted. One of the staff did not know how to take off charges for one of my room service meals, but she told me to sign the receipt and her supervisor would take care of it (The jury is still out as of the time of this review). There were also reports of mold in the stairwell, but I cannot confirm this.
On a good note, I went to but deodorant at a late hour and the man at the front desk (I wish I would have gotten a name) didn't have change so he comped for me. Nice gesture.

Room Tip: Ask for a window overlooking the Mississippi!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Muscatine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From check in until check out we had the very best experience. Everything about the room was just shy of perfection. Decor, comfort & luxury in an exquisite setting. All within walking distance of everything. It's my new go to place every time I'm there. Already looking forward to April

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for your endorsement and feedback on your stay. We look forward to your next visit. I hope you'll make time to stop by The Green Bar for a specialty cocktail, as it has been updated since your stay in September.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more comfortable.

Been to The Westin New Orleans Canal Place? Share your experiences!