“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin New Orleans Canal Place

You added The Westin New Orleans Canal Place to your Saves list
The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Rue Iberville, New Orleans, LA 70130-1106 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #95 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Talladega, Alabama
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Wonderful location! I really enjoyed my room, the view, and how beautiful the hotel is! I stayed on the 16th floor. Imagine my surprise when I came down the elevator to leave this morning and was greeted by firefighters and police. I thought the building was on fire. I went straight to my car and checked my phone for the news. Apparently there was a hostage situation on the 17th floor. The news said the hotel had notified the guests inside the hotel. I never heard anyone come to my door or call. So sad that people have to act so crazy. Thankful no one else got hurt. You know- I never heard the gunfire or anything. That's how quite and peaceful my room was! (That's actually a good thing!!!) Looking forward to staying here again. Loved the Green Bar as well. The bartenders there are a lot of fun!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Brian A, Director of Sales at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hello. Thank you for taking time to publish a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. The safety of our guests and associates is of utmost importance and we took necessary action while working closely with the first response teams, who arrived within minutes of the initial call. We are grateful for how professionally they handled the situation while we worked to make our guests as comfortable as possible.

We strive to maintain a comfortable experience for everyone. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your time with us over the weekend and hope we'll see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Excellent location, spectacular view. The views from the room or the rooftop is amazing. The roof pool is cool since it is 29 stories up, but it is rather small and there is no hot tub. Older building, but definitely well maintained. Could us more elevators, as there was always a wait. Service was great.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Brian A, Director of Sales at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Many thanks for the nice post. We're glad that you enjoyed your time at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place. Since we're so close to family-oriented attractions, many families choose to stay with us when they visit the city. We're certainly happy that you chose us also.

I'll be sure to pass along your comments to our team.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Good location , close to bourbon st and aquarium since we brought kids with us , room is clean enough but we checked in around 2 pm and about 20 mnts later one of the housekeeping knocked on our door and asking if we want our room to be cleaned , lol!! Really, and we told her we just checked in , she barely speak English , front desk agents need to improve their customer service skills , not friendly at all! No smile no greetings , nothing!

Stayed August 2014
Brian A, Director of Sales at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thanks for taking time to comment on your stay and are glad that you liked the hotel. We are working to make sure all associates are attentive and friendly so your feedback is certainly valuable. I'll share your comments with our director of housekeeping. We hope you'll consider returning soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Have been coming here for the same convention the past several years. Wear and tear is really showing. I was on the 15th floor and my room was fine. Nothing fancy. But other associates on upper floors have complained of musty rooms. One friend who is highly sensitive to mold got sick. Common areas are in good repair, but guess rooms could use a serious update. Have stayed at other Westins where their signature scent kept the building smelling fresh. This one could use that touch.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Brian A, Director of Sales at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thanks for staying with us and we sincerely appreciate your review. The signature white tea scent is present in our public areas although it is most noticeable in our lobby. I'll be sure to share your comments with our management team.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Room was stark but comfortable. Very quiet, with excellent bed and bedding. Wifi was a bit sluggish, and the bathroom countertop had a huge crack running from the sink to the front edge. I wonder what sort of life forms have taken up residence there.

Worst thing was no hot water when I went to take a shower on the only morning I stayed there. They responded and fixed the issue within a half hour. Unfortunately, I didn't have a half-hour to wait, so I got a cold shower and shave. Not a great way to start the morning. When I reminded the folks of the issue at check-out, the front desk person was apologetic, and credited the account in what I consider a decent amount for the discomfort.

Room Tip: Check the hot water supply before you go to bed, when there is still time to correct a shortage (or...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brian A, Director of Sales at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello. Thank you for taking time to reply. I apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory and we appreciate you notifying our front desk staff members. I would like to pass along your remarks to my engineering staff, but before I do, would you mind emailing me your name and arrival/departure dates so that I can ensure that the room receives proper maintenance. We are constantly making improvements/ updates to our guestrooms and other areas of the hotel. Your feedback is much appreciated and helpful.

Regards,

Brian Atchison
Director, Sales & Marketing
brian.atchison@wesinneworleans.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Was here for my birthday weekend. The hotel is great, the bed I didn't want to leave. The Westin isiimpressive and located close to all the hot spots. You must stay here!!! Classy, clean, affordable. Couldn't have chosen better hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the nice review. The team works hard to deliver an exceptional experience for all guests. They'll be glad to hear your feedback when I share it with them. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

HORRIBLE customer service! Our AAU basketball team signed a contract in June for a set room rate and parking rate. When we arrived the last week in July, we were told that the parking deck was under new management and they could not honor the original contracted rate. How hard would it have been for the hotel to contact us about the parking rate change prior to us checking in? The reason that we chose The Westin over other hotels was due to the fact that they pushed their lower parking rates! They had no problem sending us emails about our upcoming visit but found it not necessary to contact us about a breach in our contract. Parking jumped from $18 per night to $29 dollars per night and oh by the way, each time you leave, you will be charged more! We spoke directly to our "sales guy" who set up our contract and he told us that he would call us back with a possible solution. Well, that was over a week ago and since my credit card has been charged for the full amount of our parking, I'm sure I will hear NOTHING from The Westin at Canal Place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brian A, Director of Sales at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hello Kelli,

Thank you for staying us and we sincerely appreciate your additional feedback regarding the increase in parking rates. The Canal Place garage is operated by Premium Parking, LLC (1010 Common Street, Suite 2950, New Orleans, LA). While the rates are consistent with other downtown New Orleans garages, our overnight guests are no longer afforded the discounted rate of $18.00 per day. We post the parking rates in our group contracts, but since we do not set the pricing, we also state that the rates are subject to change. Our websites have been updated to reflect the current pricing. Please let me know if you would like to discuss the matter further. We hope you enjoyed your visit to New Orleans.

Best regards,

Brian Atchison
Director of Sales & Marketing
504-553-5106
brian.atchson@westinneworleans.com

Been to The Westin New Orleans Canal Place? Share your experiences!