we stayed at the westin on the first day of our trip for one night. we were glad it was only one night. it's not terrible, but I'm glad that we booked with aeroplan and didn't pay the astronomical rates indicated on the website otherwise I probably would have given it one less star.
there are 3 redeeming qualities at the hotel:
-the bed which was like sleeping on a warm fluffy cloud
- the dual waterfall showerheads in the bathroom
- the view of new orleans
this is the only reason i gave it three stars. although we knew that you had to pay for wifi, we were shocked to find out that you had to pay for local calls too...something that wasn't indicated anywhere in the room and we hadn't noticed on the website. fortunately we asked before making a call. as the clerk downstairs could not tell me what the cost was per minute or per call, we didn't chance it.
the rooms and hotel are in sore need of repair. there was an elevator that goes up to the rooms in the lobby that hadn't been madeover yet. on our last use of it during our stay before going to bed, we thought for sure we were going to get stuck with all the weird noise and shaking it was doing and joked about it...low and behold, i woke up the following day to notice a team of repairmen working on it with an out of order sign. there was a second elevator out of order too and we were only there for one night.
the carpets are shabby, and the furniture in both the hotel and the rooms are nothing out of the ordinary. at one point while we were getting ready to leave for the evening, someone came by and started giggling the door handle. i looked in the peephole to see this huge beefy man in a beige trench coat with a clipboard. since he didn't knock afterwards, i still have no idea if he was staff or not.
there are a lot of locations in the city that are nicer for the same price. stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin New Orleans Canal Place is downtown just steps from the French Quarter, the Convention Center, Jackson Square, and the central business district. Offering a rooftop pool and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Amex, Starwood, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin New Orleans Canal Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin New Orleans Canal Place Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Westin
- Westin Canal Place
- Westin Hotel New Orleans