“Great room if you can get it!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin New Orleans Canal Place

Save Saved
You added The Westin New Orleans Canal Place to your Saves list
The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Rue Iberville, New Orleans, LA 70130-1106 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #89 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Los Angeles, California
“Great room if you can get it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am a Westin die hard. From New York to Seattle, from Chicago to Texas.... I have stayed at many Westins. I booked the New Orleans Westin many months before a recent convention. A month before my stay, I was notified that they had overbooked and that I was being moved to an airport La Quinta (miles from the conference) or some other unkinown location. After multiple calls to the hotel and Starwood, no one could fix the situation. With the late notice, there were then absolutely no other rooms available in New Orleans (not even one). So, I had to cancel the trip. What did I get for my trouble? 2000 Starwood Points. Makes me question my loyalty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kenneth J, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to respond! I'm so sorry that you were unable to get a reservation or experienced challenges with confirming or obtaining a reservation.

Please contact me at Westin New Orleans Canal Place at your convenience to discuss this further.

897 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Westin new Orleans Canal place is the hotel you want to lodge in when ever you find yourself in ''WO DAT CITY'' The hotel is located in a prime area, with easy access to where ever you want to go. There is a classy mall and movie house located in the Hotel. If you are the type that like to gamble, there is Harrah's Casino adjacent to the Hotel on the Canal street side.
Furthermore, the staffs are very professional and helpful. The hotel is really neat and classy. You can get a good view of the Missipi river from the 11th floor. The house keeping ladies are very good at what they do. You will get more than you paid for when stay at Westin. Please please!! do not go to Holiday Inn on Royal street bad choice, i had a bad experience there on my 1st visit to New Orleans. But people, i am glad i stayed at the Westin this time around. WESTIN D PLACE!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kenneth J, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We are thrilled to be recognized with such great comments regarding your recent visit with us! We feel that our staff is the best in the city, as they really strives to provide personal service to each guest which allows us to stand out from our competitors. We'll be share to give well deserved kudos to the team!

French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest, and our typically wonderful spring weather are right around the corner, so stop by and say hello again soon. We are looking forward to making your next visit even better than the last!

Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Westin New Orleans Canal Place is my "go to" hotel in New Orleans. I've stayed other places, but this hotel has been consistently great.

The people are focused on making their guests comfortable. I was checked in at the front desk by Chastity, Lauren and Shereece. They greeted me by name. They recognized me as a Platinum member and they moved me through the check in process quickly. The rooms are spacious and clean. Parking could not be easier. The location is central. The hotel bar and the hotel restaurant are both very good and their staff is equally accommodating.

Room Tip: Staff works hard to make your stay great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the note! We're delighted to be your "go to" hotel and thanks for specifically recognizing a few of our associates. We've already shared your feedback with them and they were thankful that you recognized their efforts. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to personally thank you for your loyalty. We hope to see you soon!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

What's not to like?! My wife and I have stayed here several times and love the location -- right on the Mississippi and in the heart of downtown just east of the French Quarter. The best part about the hotel is definitely the Excellent Staff! Sometimes I am impatient and would love things to move quicker, but the reality is that I know when I get to the counter we will get the same friendly, personable service the last guest got. With rooms starting on the 13th floor of a high-rise, each has a wonderful view of the city. It is hard to rate the restaurant or bar, as my wife and I always want to explore a new city. This is The Big Easy! Why would we go all the way to New Orleans and eat hotel food instead of venturing out for Cajun?! There is a pool on the roof but we did not use it. I would recommend this Hotel to others as a place to stay in New Orleans. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The higher the better! This is a great location, and you want as good a view as you can get.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenneth J, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share such a great review with us. Positive feedback such as yours is our most powerful motivational tool in helping our associates to reach their potential. We are working extremely hard and are so excited to see that it is paying off based on your comments.

However, the work is not done - as we continue to make enhancements to our property on a daily basis in terms of service and in our physical product. We can't wait to hear what you think after your next visit!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Westin on Canal Place and I can't imagine being anywhere else! Besides being a BEAUTIFUL hotel, the location is excellent. It's close enough to walk to shopping on Royal street and Jackson Square, but far enough away to get a good night sleep. We had a great room that overlooked the river and the beds are very comfortable.

We stayed for Mardi Gras and were in the perfect spot to walk to the parades. The staff was friendly and helpful and was able to get us checked into our room early so that we could head down to Canal Street to catch some beads!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback on your recent visit with us! It was a great Mardi Gras carnival season again this year and we are so happy that you enjoyed our city. The 10 layers of supreme comfort in the WESTIN Heavenly Bed make it the perfect sanctuary after a day of parades and revelry. I hope you took some pictures of our spectacular views to remember your visit, but if not we hope to see you back again next year to do it all over again!

Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Westin in New Orleans on the Canal is a nice place. I think the best part was the staff! Everyone was very welcoming and nice. The check in was speedy. The person at check in was nice and when I realised I had chosen a room overlooking the city instead of the river, the young man quickly made the change so that my husband and I could look out over the river on the 12th floor. We arrived to our room and found it to be very clean and large. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I attempted to access the wifi from my room and had some trouble (apparently my name didn't match my room). When I called down to the front desk it was noted that I was actually booked on the 26th floor and not the 12th... I thought this was a great mistake because I was hoping for a higher floor. The front desk sent a bell man up to grab our bags and assist us with the move to the new room. The new room was exactly like the first room but higher... Great View!! We booked this room for Mardi Gras (the weekend before Fat Tuesday). During that time it is a huge party. We were lucky enough to be next to a room FULL of screeching women! Sometimes they were not at all quiet (even into the weeee hours when most should have been sleeping). We had to call security a few times from all of their noise but it wasn't too bad...This type of noise is most likely due to the Holliday Fun... And security quickly handled the situation. Other than that, we had a very restful sleep and it was a quiet hotel. The location of this Hotel is prime. Right in the heart of everything and near to the French Quarter. We walked everywhere and felt safe (not to mention there were police EVERYWHERE). There were many restaurants to choose from in this area as well as Bars. They have a Restaurant in the Hotel (VERY EXPENSIVE and not all that good), Also a Bar in the hotel (VERY EXPENSIVE). I would suggest venturing out into the town to taste the food and grab cocktails. There is a pool on the roof but we never got a chance to go up and see it. I would recommend this Hotel to others as a place to stay in New Orleans. You won't be disappointed. The best part about this Hotel is definitely the Excellent Staff! They deserve Cudos!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenneth J, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing Westin New Orleans Canal Place over the numerous other hotel choices our city has to offer. We appreciated the opportunity to show off New Orleans and we are so happy that the rain held off for a few days to allow for another terrific Mardi Gras weekend. It was simply too much fun!

While I’m sure it was not a difficult task, it sounds like you found some great local restaurants to satisfy your taste buds. Our panoramic views of the Mississippi River and our proximity to an abundance of world class restaurants are two of the biggest draws to guests staying at Westin New Orleans Canal Place. However, the area that we like to emphasize more than any other is the personal service that our staff strives to provide, which I truly appreciate you sharing in your commentary.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel staff were extremely friendly and courteous! Upon arrival, our upgraded room was not available - complimentary drinks at the bar were provided while we waited - front desk person arrives not 15 minutes later (in the bar!) with our keys, advising us that our room was ready and our luggage was taken up for us.
A call was made for extra robes - within 10 minutes they arrived
Little extras were provided without any hesitations.
Riverview room was impeccable.
Beds were comfy - housekeeping was thorough and friendly.
Concierge was extremely helpful and provided us with great suggestions!
Definitely would recommend this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us and we will certainly inform our team of your compliments. It’s great to see all of our efforts result in memorable experiences for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to New Orleans!

Director of Hotel Operations

Been to The Westin New Orleans Canal Place? Share your experiences!