The location of this hotel is the best. It is right on the edge of the French Quarter and we parked the car and walked everywhere we went for the next 3 days. That was so nice and convenient. And the view of the river was awesome. We loved watching the barges moving along and could also see the activity along the riverwalk. It was just a short walk to Cafe du Monde, Cafe Beignet, and all the other restaurants we walked to (Camelia's, Acme, ...). The room was great with endless hot water and a nice mirror my wife could take in the next room to let others into the bathroom as she continued getting ready. The staff is very nice and the bellhops were excellent. They were very helpful and always ready to be friendly and of service.
So, what was not as good? As you go through the city of New Orleans, you will see construction and repairs everywhere as they gear up for a Superbowl just around the corner. Street cars, buildings, hotels all being fixed up. This hotel is no exception. With repairs come delays. The elevators from the 1st floor to the 11th floor lobby are already repaired and upgraded and will give you a feel for what is to come at this hotel in the future. But the elevators from the 11th to 29th floor are still being worked on. So, with one of the four out of service and the other three very slow, it was a painful wait for sure. At one point I ran down the stairs from the 29th to the 17th and had 6minutes in the room before the family made it down on the elevator. But, we were there to relax and we did not let that get to us. Enjoy all the rest that is great about this place. It helped to slow us down from our hectic pace and get in vacation mode. Oh, yes, the parking is $18 a day if you have the front desk validate your ticket. But with all the walking and no need for traffic jams or a cab we felt it was a good deal. We had one of the best vacations here! Overall I have to say average but some great potential once the elevators are done!
- Also Known As:
- Westin New Orleans Canal Place Hotel New Orleans
- Westin New Orleans Canal Place Hotel
- Westin New Orleans
- New Orleans Westin
- Westin Canal Place
- Westin Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin New Orleans Canal Place is downtown just steps from the French Quarter, the Convention Center, Jackson Square, and the central business district. Offering a rooftop pool and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Venere, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Westin New Orleans Canal Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.