I just came home from a wonderful week-long stay at the Westin in New Orleans (Canal Street) the last week of November 2012. What a delightful week -- truly !!!
I was there on business, pounding the pavement during the day and returning to an oasis in the evening. I am a frequent traveler and picky New Yorker, so when I say the Westin was great, I really mean it! Just can't wait till my next visit there!
I must start with the room -- unbelievably great room (with King bed) with a stunning picture-window view of the river. Huge room, with a terrific work desk and comfortable chair, necessary for my evening laptop work after those long days out-and-about. There were many drawers and storage space was great.
The bed and bedding were terrific -- so soft and comfortable that I quickly fell asleep at night. I generally need a very hard bed, and have one at home, but this bed just made you melt into it.
The bathroom was to die for -- and I am particularly picky about hotel bathrooms. A HUGE sink vanity, with soft lights to help me put on my "face" in the morning (and reassure me that I looked good); A double showerhead with warm streams of water jetting out; ample bathroom amenities, although I generally pack my own; and fresh towels always at the ready, set there by the terrific maid service. I would recommend a separate towel rack or hook, but I used the one behind the door and that worked perfectly fine for me.
The lobby area was a dream, nicely decorated for Christmas and with soft "live" piano music in the late afternoon, and with a gorgeous view out over the river and New Orleans. I never waited more than two minutes for an elevator (you have to push the buttons for BOTH elevators in order to ensure a speedy arrival) and I REALLY appreciated the security of having a separate elevator take you from the street level up to the 11th floor lobby and reception area.
The hotel staff was exceptionally helpful -- I used the concierge several times -- and room service was prompt and courteous, and the food was great, but then, it was New Orleans after all! I enjoyed the overall ambiance of the entire hotel experience.
The last time I was inspired to write a hotel review was over five years ago, when I stayed in the Hotel Luna on Capri. Thanks, Westin, for making my stay such a pleasant one!
- Also Known As:
- Westin New Orleans Canal Place Hotel
- Westin New Orleans Canal Place Hotel New Orleans
- Westin New Orleans
- New Orleans Westin
- Westin Canal Place
- Westin Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin New Orleans Canal Place is downtown just steps from the French Quarter, the Convention Center, Jackson Square, and the central business district. Offering a rooftop pool and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Westin New Orleans Canal Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.