I have stayed at the Westin nearly every time I visit the Big Easy. I went with a girlfriend in October for the Chargers/Saints game and stayed for 4 nights. How disappointing this trip was most particularly the game score (Chargers lost) but also the condition of the Westin The room which always has a nice view, had worn and dirty furniture (I even took pictures), not all the bath products stocked and unplugged lamps that the cords were impossible to even find to reconnect. We also had no robes or slippers. On the last day of our stay we came back in the afternoon to get ready for dinner to find a letter on our desk stating that the health department had issued a warning that we could not drink the water or even SHOWER for 24 hours or until futher notice! It went on to say that the hotel had water available in bottles if we needed any. But why had they not let any in our room at that point? We had to trek down to the lobby and wait with others in a rationing line to get 2 bottles = small ones. Even though the water issue was not the hotel's fault, one would have thought at nearly $250 per night that we would have been treated better or that thought would have been given to how to better compensate the guests.
The Westin was also hit with the last hurricane and lost rooms and windows so the lobby and other areas smelled of paint and who knows what else. I think we should have received an email from the hotelin advance letting us know of the damage and the problems it would cause to deteremine whether we wanted to stay or not but we did not.
Starwood needs to make a big investment in upgrading the Westin in NOLA - it is still a great location but we won't be back until we hear things are back in order.
- Also Known As:
- Westin New Orleans Canal Place Hotel New Orleans
- Westin New Orleans Canal Place Hotel
- Westin New Orleans
- New Orleans Westin
- Westin Canal Place
- Westin Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin New Orleans Canal Place is downtown just steps from the French Quarter, the Convention Center, Jackson Square, and the central business district. Offering a rooftop pool and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood, Hotels.com, Amex, Venere, Olotels, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Westin New Orleans Canal Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.