My girlfriend and I stayed at the Q&C for three nights over New Years. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The interior designer that completed the remodel truly does receive recognition. Everything from the lights to the doors to the floor to the hallways was custom and absolutely gorgeous. The rooms were a little small, but who cares, we were just sleeping there. The location was fantastic. Great bar/restaurant. We did, however, encounter problems almost immediately. The hot water in the bathroom didn't work on the first and second night; temperatures were lukewarm at best. We called the front desk and the engineer came up, but he told us we needed to run the water for at least 20mins to "call the hot water up." That wasn't a real solution nor did it work. We complained to the manager and she moved us to a room in the other building, which had hot water, but no heat. Granted it's NOLA, but it was in the 40's at night so the room got chilly. We complained the next day to the manager again. She was very accommodating and responsive. We were more than adequately compensated for our inconveniences.
I really appreciate good customer service. Q&C did a great job with that, remedying an obvious problem. This hotel has the potential to be wonderful, but they need to fix these sort of basic problems. They seemed to pour a ton of money into the aesthetic remodel, but I wonder what was updated behind the walls?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel - Reopened after complete renovation in November 2014. Located in the heart of storied and soulful New Orleans is Q&C. Tucked between the French Quarter and the Warehouse/Arts District, we're the perfect launching pad for your escapades-no matter what you're seeking. This historic building was completely re-imagined in 2014. The design of Q&C embraces the historic bones of the building, giving guests a peek at the past with a glimpse of original brick walls and wood floors, while thoroughly catering to modern sensibilities. While we're committed to the timeless spirit of Southern hospitality, we sure aren't your daddy's hotel. Like our guests, we're gastro-nerds, music fans, and culture junkies devoted to spreading the gospel of New Orleans' greatest undiscovered experiences. Don't just visit New Orleans. Savor it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Q&C Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen And Crescent Hotel
- Clarion Collection New Orleans
- Clarion Collection Queen Crescent
- Clarion New Orleans