“The Perfect Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Q&C Hotel

You added Q&C Hotel to your Saves list
Q&C Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Queen & Crescent Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Add Breakfast for $1!
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Arlington, Virginia, United States
“The Perfect Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We are just back from five nights at the Queen & Crescent Hotel and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The hotel is perfect for families with older children, couples or singles. If you have rambunctious kids who want a game room and all-night vending machines - this is not the spot.

Decorated like Pottery Barn Meets Restoration Hardware, the Q&C is elegant in an edgy way. The rooms are right-sized with an efficient use of space. One note - if you are someone who wears makeup, you may find the lighting in the bathrooms a bit dim, but fortunately there is a wall mirror with better lighting in the room. Although our rooms were next to the elevators and the ice machine (can you imagine how worried I was?), the hotel was very quiet and we were not disturbed.

We were advised to stay close to the French Quarter but not in the French Quarter, and the Q&C was the perfect alternative. It's about three blocks from Bourbon Street but also about four blocks from the World War II Museum. We walked everywhere, or took the streetcar, and taxis were plentiful when we needed one.

Whoever hires the staff at the Q&C knows exactly what they are doing because to a person they are kind, helpful, professional and personable. Now, I will add that we are fairly low-maintenance guests and very experienced travelers. But the Q&C felt more like a private club where the staff knows all the members names and greats them warmly. I appreciated the willingness of the staff to go above and beyond whenever we asked for assistance.

Finally, the food served in the bar area - the hotel's only dining option - was delicious and well-priced. The bartenders are smart, and know their way around a shaker. Having a pleasant place to park it after a long day walking New Orleans, was a treat.

Room Tip: there are two buildings - Building B has superior rooms
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend trip. We choose the Q and C hotel because we got a great rate and liked it's central location. The rooms were nice, very clean and attractively decorated. It was a little noisy for our liking, we could easily hear car horns and the 5 am dump truck every morning. The renovations really look wonderful, but not the best place I've stayed in New Orleans.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Awesome historical rustic/industrial hotel. The staff were amazing and went way above and beyond. Temperature was stuck on A/C at first and the staff fixed right away. They even brought my wife and I a fruit plate and bottle of wine to apologize... we weren't mad at all to begin, but we're blown away by their hospitality.

• Stayed December 2014
QCHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Q&C Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear lorenjw1981,

We're so glad you enjoyed Q&C. Hope to see you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just wanted a quick getaway and Q and C was all it stated in words and pictures. Love the quaintness of the hotel and the hotel bar is great if you don't want to leave. Nice ambiance and the staff and locals are great. Walking distance to everything I love about New Orleans, art, warehouse, uptown districts will be back again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear denita J,

We're so happy you chose us for your quick escape. Thank you for the kind words. See you again soon!

New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My title says it all. I have to use a therapy dog since I have a mild form of epilepsy and she is a well trained guard dog from Russia. I searched on priceline.com for a pet friendly upscale boutique hotel in the CBD and was delighted to come across such a friendly staff and such a chic, boutique, cozy environment. The downside was a combination of two things. I made ever effort to keep out of the way of the cleaning crew and I told them I have a cat. I would walk the dog tell the front desk I have a cat in the room and then come back to a filthy room. I guess even though this is supposed to be a pet friendly hotel a lot of the housekeeping staff have severe mental blocks and phobias with pets. I then attempted to clean my own room and volunteered to use the vacuum and change my own bed linen and truly I wanted to cooperate but that was not enough for the director of housekeeping and she made me bind my poor cat in a kennel that was kind of broken. I also wanted to stay longer since most of the apartments I looked at in the CBD and in the Quarter did not have immediate vacancies till after the holidays so I booked online and would schedule one day only so that I could the least expensive stay because I did like the atmosphere. Not every staff member was afraid of my pets though. Some people were actually quite friendly to my pet but housekeeping avoided my room or banged on my door each morning at 9 a.m to see if I was checking out and that must be because I booked online and the staff was unable to see the updated changes each day. I was told by the general manager I could no longer extend my stay since he said primarily the hotel was designed as pet friendly but only in theory and he had no idea I was going to stay over a week so he said I could no longer renew my stays. I did love the food at the bar and obviously the chefs they hired are skilled at creating creative and tasty small meals and pizzas. I feel awful now because I really needed a long term place to stay and I like the location, I loved my room but honestly the staff made me feel unwelcome. One housekeeper even screamed when the elevator door opened and she saw my dog and me. That is not good for a dog at all and this hotel either needs to hire a housekeeping staff that likes pets or they need to update their status and remove the pet friendly option so people with pets are not inconvenienced. I stayed once at a kimpton hotel in Washington D.C. for a full month and was never charged extra and my room was freshly cleaned daily but here at the Queen and Crescent hotel they don't even have dog snacks or fresh water for your pet. Most of the staff is foreign and they are deathly afraid of animals. The Q & C needs to focus on cleanliness and rehiring a friendlier housekeeping staff or simply not offer the pet option so people are not confused. I won't be back it was too much of a hassle and I don't recommend people bring their animals here or their rooms will end up being skipped over and uncleaned repetitively like mine was.

Room Tip: Do not bring pets here this place is afraid of large animals or small cats so your room won't be...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
QCHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Q&C Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear butterflyshadows,

I apologize that your time with us was not ideal and hope that the remainder of your move to New Orleans has gone smoothly. As our General Manager discussed with you, Q&C is a pet-friendly hotel but city hotels like ours are not ideal locations for extended, residential-style stays with a large cat and dog. As you know, because your pets were left unattended for large portions of the day, our housekeeping team was not able to appropriately clean the room and, unfortunately, significant damage was done to the room by the pets. These violations of our pet policy were the reason for not being able to extend your stay further.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Info@QandC.com
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed Dec. 6-12 and it was very quiet which was just fine with us. Not sure why someone complained of busy street noise. Loved the convenient location, comfortable bed, the fantastic service from the front desk staff, and the doormen/bellhops. They all were very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. A BIG shoutout to Kendrick for his time and attention to getting us a cab for our return trip to the airport during terrible traffic.

Room Tip: We stayed on 7th flr. in room 712 and although we didn't have a great view (overlooked rooftops...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
QCHotel, General Manager at Q&C Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear CPDChicago,

Thanks for the very kind words about your recent stay with us. We'll make sure that Kendrick hears your shout-out and know that he'll appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We recently stayed four nights at the Q and C. Everyone one from the valet to the front desk and the cleaning crew were helpful and kind. The rooms are well appointed, stylish and very clean. Great for a romantic getaway. The pizzas are quite good and the bar is lively. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Q&C Hotel? Share your experiences!