We are just back from five nights at the Queen & Crescent Hotel and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The hotel is perfect for families with older children, couples or singles. If you have rambunctious kids who want a game room and all-night vending machines - this is not the spot.
Decorated like Pottery Barn Meets Restoration Hardware, the Q&C is elegant in an edgy way. The rooms are right-sized with an efficient use of space. One note - if you are someone who wears makeup, you may find the lighting in the bathrooms a bit dim, but fortunately there is a wall mirror with better lighting in the room. Although our rooms were next to the elevators and the ice machine (can you imagine how worried I was?), the hotel was very quiet and we were not disturbed.
We were advised to stay close to the French Quarter but not in the French Quarter, and the Q&C was the perfect alternative. It's about three blocks from Bourbon Street but also about four blocks from the World War II Museum. We walked everywhere, or took the streetcar, and taxis were plentiful when we needed one.
Whoever hires the staff at the Q&C knows exactly what they are doing because to a person they are kind, helpful, professional and personable. Now, I will add that we are fairly low-maintenance guests and very experienced travelers. But the Q&C felt more like a private club where the staff knows all the members names and greats them warmly. I appreciated the willingness of the staff to go above and beyond whenever we asked for assistance.
Finally, the food served in the bar area - the hotel's only dining option - was delicious and well-priced. The bartenders are smart, and know their way around a shaker. Having a pleasant place to park it after a long day walking New Orleans, was a treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel - Renovation Complete October 2014 Don't just visit New Orleans. Savor it - at Q&C. At the heart of storied and soulful New Orleans is Q&C. Tucked between the French Quarter, the Warehouse/Arts District and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, it's the perfect launching pad for your escapades-no matter what you're seeking. While the hotel is committed to the timeless spirit of Southern hospitality, they're not your daddy's hotel. The Q&C team is devoted to spreading the gospel of New Orleans's greatest undiscovered experiences to all its guests - whether you're a Saints fanatic, music aficionado or simply in town on business. This historic building was completely re-imagined in 2014. The design of Q&C embraces the historic bones of the building, giving guests a peak at the past with a glimpse of original brick walls and wood floors, while thoroughly catering to modern sensibilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Q&C Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen And Crescent Hotel
- Clarion Collection New Orleans
- Clarion Collection Queen Crescent
- Clarion New Orleans