“Awesome hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Q&C Hotel

You added Q&C Hotel to your Saves list
Q&C Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Queen & Crescent Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Add Breakfast for $1!
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Awesome hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Awesome historical rustic/industrial hotel. The staff were amazing and went way above and beyond. Temperature was stuck on A/C at first and the staff fixed right away. They even brought my wife and I a fruit plate and bottle of wine to apologize... we weren't mad at all to begin, but we're blown away by their hospitality.

• Stayed December 2014
QCHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Q&C Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear lorenjw1981,

We're so glad you enjoyed Q&C. Hope to see you back soon!

The Q&C Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just wanted a quick getaway and Q and C was all it stated in words and pictures. Love the quaintness of the hotel and the hotel bar is great if you don't want to leave. Nice ambiance and the staff and locals are great. Walking distance to everything I love about New Orleans, art, warehouse, uptown districts will be back again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear denita J,

We're so happy you chose us for your quick escape. Thank you for the kind words. See you again soon!

New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My title says it all. I have to use a therapy dog since I have a mild form of epilepsy and she is a well trained guard dog from Russia. I searched on priceline.com for a pet friendly upscale boutique hotel in the CBD and was delighted to come across such a friendly staff and such a chic, boutique, cozy environment. The downside was a combination of two things. I made ever effort to keep out of the way of the cleaning crew and I told them I have a cat. I would walk the dog tell the front desk I have a cat in the room and then come back to a filthy room. I guess even though this is supposed to be a pet friendly hotel a lot of the housekeeping staff have severe mental blocks and phobias with pets. I then attempted to clean my own room and volunteered to use the vacuum and change my own bed linen and truly I wanted to cooperate but that was not enough for the director of housekeeping and she made me bind my poor cat in a kennel that was kind of broken. I also wanted to stay longer since most of the apartments I looked at in the CBD and in the Quarter did not have immediate vacancies till after the holidays so I booked online and would schedule one day only so that I could the least expensive stay because I did like the atmosphere. Not every staff member was afraid of my pets though. Some people were actually quite friendly to my pet but housekeeping avoided my room or banged on my door each morning at 9 a.m to see if I was checking out and that must be because I booked online and the staff was unable to see the updated changes each day. I was told by the general manager I could no longer extend my stay since he said primarily the hotel was designed as pet friendly but only in theory and he had no idea I was going to stay over a week so he said I could no longer renew my stays. I did love the food at the bar and obviously the chefs they hired are skilled at creating creative and tasty small meals and pizzas. I feel awful now because I really needed a long term place to stay and I like the location, I loved my room but honestly the staff made me feel unwelcome. One housekeeper even screamed when the elevator door opened and she saw my dog and me. That is not good for a dog at all and this hotel either needs to hire a housekeeping staff that likes pets or they need to update their status and remove the pet friendly option so people with pets are not inconvenienced. I stayed once at a kimpton hotel in Washington D.C. for a full month and was never charged extra and my room was freshly cleaned daily but here at the Queen and Crescent hotel they don't even have dog snacks or fresh water for your pet. Most of the staff is foreign and they are deathly afraid of animals. The Q & C needs to focus on cleanliness and rehiring a friendlier housekeeping staff or simply not offer the pet option so people are not confused. I won't be back it was too much of a hassle and I don't recommend people bring their animals here or their rooms will end up being skipped over and uncleaned repetitively like mine was.

Room Tip: Do not bring pets here this place is afraid of large animals or small cats so your room won't be...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
QCHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Q&C Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear butterflyshadows,

I apologize that your time with us was not ideal and hope that the remainder of your move to New Orleans has gone smoothly. As our General Manager discussed with you, Q&C is a pet-friendly hotel but city hotels like ours are not ideal locations for extended, residential-style stays with a large cat and dog. As you know, because your pets were left unattended for large portions of the day, our housekeeping team was not able to appropriately clean the room and, unfortunately, significant damage was done to the room by the pets. These violations of our pet policy were the reason for not being able to extend your stay further.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed Dec. 6-12 and it was very quiet which was just fine with us. Not sure why someone complained of busy street noise. Loved the convenient location, comfortable bed, the fantastic service from the front desk staff, and the doormen/bellhops. They all were very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. A BIG shoutout to Kendrick for his time and attention to getting us a cab for our return trip to the airport during terrible traffic.

Room Tip: We stayed on 7th flr. in room 712 and although we didn't have a great view (overlooked rooftops...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
QCHotel, General Manager at Q&C Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear CPDChicago,

Thanks for the very kind words about your recent stay with us. We'll make sure that Kendrick hears your shout-out and know that he'll appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We recently stayed four nights at the Q and C. Everyone one from the valet to the front desk and the cleaning crew were helpful and kind. The rooms are well appointed, stylish and very clean. Great for a romantic getaway. The pizzas are quite good and the bar is lively. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Queen and Crescent over Thanksgiving weekend. I travel to NOLA about every 3 months or so and have my fair experience with NOLA hotels. I was excited to be staying at this hotel because I heard it had been remodeled and updated. According to the pictures online, it looked beautifully decorated. Unfortunately, it did not meet my simple standards.

The good: location is great in my opinion. It puts you right in the middle of the French Quarter and the warehouse district. The hotel looks great and updated. I am glad they decided on retaining the historic charm of the building. Room size is decent.

The bad: The staff needs to be trained to be more welcoming. I got an icy check in experience. I look for customer service in the hospitality industry. I definitely did not get it at this hotel. The elevators were slow all the time but especially a nightmare when it's check out time. We weren't able to get on the elevator till the 4th time it came around because it was full of people, prior to that we had opted into taking the stairs down to the first floor out of frustration only to be met with a fire emergency exit only door and could not be opened if no fire emergency existed. No sign or warning. -_- So we had to go back upstairs and wait for the slow, full elevator once again. Our room was close to a busy street, so it got noisy but it was a busy weekend in New Orleans so it must be taken in consideration. Last but not least, I was not impressed with the housekeeping skills. Upon arriving to my room I decided to take a shower before checking out NOLA and noticed hair from the previous guest was still in the shower. It was pretty noticeable so no excuse for the unsanitary condition I received the shower in. I also found condom wrapper by the bed. It just made me wonder what other shortcuts they may had taken and overall gave me a uncomfortable feeling. Disgusting.

I would give this hotel another chance just because the remodeling really caught my eye. Management should fix these very basic issues because the hotel does have potential.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
QCHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Q&C Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Helen M,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your stay with us last month. On behalf of the entire team I want to apologize for your disappointing experience. There is no excuse for some of the issues you describe. I will contact you directly so that we can work to resolve your concerns, as it doesn't appear from your review that this was addressed with a member of our team.

Please know that our team has undergone intensive training during our grand opening process and I believe you'd enjoy a much different experience should you visit us again.

Thank you, again, for your feedback.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Q&C was in a great slightly offbeat locations that was still very close to the french quarter and bourbon street. The service was great and everything was very comfortable and accessible. Didn't stay with a pet but apparently it is a pet friendly location as well. I would highly recommend Q&C for the price, location, and atmosphere. Only dislikes which are very very minor would be slow elevators and shower head doesn't really move.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris L,

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed Q&C. We hope you'll visit us again soon!

Info@QandC.com

Been to Q&C Hotel? Share your experiences!