“This place was a pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Q&C Hotel

You added Q&C Hotel to your Saves list
Q&C Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Queen & Crescent Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
30% Off Weekday Stays!
Ranked #70 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
San Antonio, Texas
“This place was a pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I didn't realize this place had just undergone a renovation, and I went with kind of low expectations based on what a friend said after his parents stayed here; however, the hotel turned out to be a delightful surprise. The staff said the renovation just wrapped up a few weeks ago. Good job. The hotel has good bones, and the decor is nice and fresh now. The reception/lounge felt like a dark welcoming gastropub/bar, and the staff was amazing (Keisha at the front desk always remembered my name and helped me at every turn answer questions and was just so professional and kind). My room had hardwood floors, huge windows (with good black-out double blinds), a really great color scheme (loved the black and white wallpaper accent wall behind the bed), an iPod docking station, electric outlets wherever I needed them for my phone and laptop chargers (even in the headboard) and more. The bathroom had white Carrera marble and dove grey walls, and the shower pressure was great, and they had lots of big white towels. High ceilings, thick walls (no real noise), a nice housekeeping staff, Keurig coffee brewer/pods, good WiFi (free). The valet was quick about getting my car and offering directions. All in all, it was a great stay. I'd recommend it this place to anyone young, any solo traveler, or anyone there on business who doesn't want to be in a big convention hotel. Best of all, the restaurant is only a block from Chef John Besh's restaurant Luke, it's around the corner from Mother's (what a place!), and it's three short blocks from Canal Street and the French Quarter, only a couple blocks from Harrah's and the Riverwalk, too. Great little boutique hotel. I'll definitely go back. It might not suit older people (the lounge is a kind of hip/trendy), but most 20-40 somethings will like it. I know I did.

Room Tip: I was in in a room on the 4th floor, which was quiet and clean. Not sure--think it was 407.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had stayed at the Queen and Crescent years ago and thought it was ok. I was excited to hear that it had been remodeled and updated. We stayed towards the end of them finishing. The good: location still can't be beat in my opinion. It puts you right in between the Quarter and the warehouse district. Both areas have some great things to do. The hotel has definitely been revamped and updated to a hipper style while retaining the historic charm. The rate was good / appropriate. And we enjoyed the bar.

The bad: staff is completely clueless. We had two reservations, made at the same time, the same way. The first was easy. The second they couldn't find. We showed them a confirmation and they literally stood in awe, not knowing what to do. I kid you not, when I say that the manager stared at the phone showing the booking email for 5 minutes, like it was going to change. Check in took 30 minutes because of this. The elevators were terribly slow. The valet was a ghost. Our vehicle sat in the street for 45 min one time without ever seeing him. Due to the proximity of some of the rooms to busy streets, it can get noisy in the mornings.

I wouldn't write this hotel off, because New Orleans is not known for great customer service. But if the owners of this place want to capitalize on their $10M investment in a renovation, then they better fix some very basic issues. All easy fixes, but otherwise they will suffer the same poor grade they used to receive before the spending money on a facelift.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I found a great deal for this hotel on TravelZoo, perfect the one-night stay my husband and I planned for this past weekend. The hotel was recently renovated: It's stylish, understated, and calm by comparison to some other places in town. When we checked in, one of the elevators was out of order, which made the trip to our 12th-floor room a very slow one as guests and housekeeping staff all piled into the one remaining elevator. But, it seemed to have been fixed very soon after and we never had any trouble after that. Our room was charming, with wood floors and exposed-brick walls. The a/c took a long time to kick on, and when it did it was incredibly loud. Also, and this is just a matter of personal preference, but the only thing separating the bathroom from the rest of the room is a sliding wood door, and even then there's a 2-inch-or-so gap between the wall and the door, so nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is left to the imagination. If it's your first overnight with someone, good luck! Lovely Gilchrist & Soames bath products, nice clean room, in-room coffee, comfy bed...really couldn't complain. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: The higher floors have better views (obviously). Request a room with a view of the Mississippi.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Q&C Hotel while attending a conference in New Orleans. Honestly, this is such a fantastic hotel, and it went beyond any preconceived expectations. The bedrooms were beautifully decorated with dark wood furniture, accent walls, and unique light fixtures. The room was impeccably clean—and this is coming from an individual that will pick out a handful of faults, without hesitation, within minutes of entering a hotel room—hardwood floors were polished, the bed sheets were bright white, the bathroom (sink, shower, and toilet) were extremely clean (pet peeve), and I could not find any dust. Moreover, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the towels and sheets were very high-end. For once, I actually felt like I was staying in my own apartment versus a hotel. Plus, this hotel does not nickel and dime you, i.e., free water and wi-fi, as well as great coffee. Now for the next most important aspect—the staff. I have stayed at many hotels, domestically and internationally, and I have never been welcomed by a more hospitable staff. Each and every one of them went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I arrived early on Sunday afternoon, and they tried their best to get me into my room as soon as possible. Every time I had an issue, it was immediately resolved w/ a smile on their face. One night, I went to the hotel’s restaurant to order food as I was exhausted after a long day of lectures. As I was inquiring about take out, the Manager came up to me and requested that I stay to celebrate Q&C’s re-opening (they were having a party). He immediately noticed that I was tired, and told me to take a seat as he brought over food and drinks, free of charge. Hospitality and service doesn’t get any better than that. Another night, I ordered take out, and one of the staff made sure to escort the delivery guy to and from the room, which made me feel quite safe. All in all, I felt as though I was staying in a 4 or 5-star hotel, and I will be staying here every time I make a trip to New Orleans. Please open up something like this in the DMV area!!!

Room Tip: Higher up, and a corner hotel room.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I must have hit the lotto when I found this hotel through Priceline. I was in town for a convention and it was a 12-minute walk there and a 10-minute walk to the French Quarter. Clean, classy, hip and charming all at the same time. I will make sure to check availability and rates there first before any other hotel for my next trip to NoLa.

Room Tip: We had a room facing one of the smaller streets and had no sounds from the street.
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Chef Josh Garic serves up delicious small plates. Bar staff, Bradley and company, knowledgeable and talented cocktail magicians. Front desk staff, Jeremy et al, very helpful in making our stay enjoyable.

Easy walks to French Quarter, Warehouse District (Emeril's, Cochon), convention center, and Superdome.

Hotel and room decor showcases connection with Queen and Crescent railroad. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Had a chance to meet one of the owners, Mark Mance, who was experiencing the Q&C for himself.

Q&C is a contemporary hotel with an old NOLA feel. Its staff, the heart of this operation, made our stay very enjoyable. Thanks, Nel and Dick Barber

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
QCHotel, Public Relations Manager at Q&C Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Nel and Dick B,

It was such a pleasure to have you here at Q&C. The whole team appreciates your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

The Q&C Team
info@qandc.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Our stay was good until the second day. We came down to celebrate my sisters 23rd birthday. We came from Houston, Texas which is about 6 hours away. As college students we are already limited on funds so we all saved up for this trip to have a special weekend in our favorite city. Well the day after we arrived we went out to explore the French Quarter. My sister left her Michael Kors bag in the room with her money in the side pocket ($200). We came back after a couple of hours to nap. When getting ready to head out for the evening my sister noticed that $160 of the $200 was missing. We immediately contacted front desk management (some short plump chick with glasses). She was VERY unfriendly and was not really trying to assist us. She stated we needed to write an incident report and that they would investigate. This is the thing. I work at a 400+ room resort in Montgomery, Texas, so I am aware of all procedures when claims of theft are brought forth. They had three cameras on the floor. One on each sides of the hallways and another in the center located by the elevators. Not only that but there are lock interrogation that can be conducted to see who entered the room. She said that she would be have a resolution to the problem in the morning. Well we come down the following morning to check out and she basically says there is nothing that could be done. That the General manager would have to look into it. Very unprofessional. Money just doesn't walk out of someone's room. While we were gone someone entered that room, whether it be housekeeping or maintenance, and dug through her purse and took majority of her money. It's sad you can't go somewhere that you pay $150+ a night and you have to worry about thieves. No one informed us of safes or anything secure valuable items. There were no information booklets to refer to either. But it's besides the point. We didn't drive 400+ miles to be stole from. We should have had a night comped or reimbursement for the money that was taken. I will make sure to post this any and everywhere I can. I do not support that establishment. Bad customer service and rude associates.

• Stayed November 2014
Dear Ejb003,

First, I'd like to apologize for the less-than-stellar experience you and your sister had with us this weekend. Know that our team is working to resolve your concerns and will communicate with you directly as additional information is available.

The Q&C Team
info@qandc.com

Been to Q&C Hotel? Share your experiences!