I didn't realize this place had just undergone a renovation, and I went with kind of low expectations based on what a friend said after his parents stayed here; however, the hotel turned out to be a delightful surprise. The staff said the renovation just wrapped up a few weeks ago. Good job. The hotel has good bones, and the decor is nice and fresh now. The reception/lounge felt like a dark welcoming gastropub/bar, and the staff was amazing (Keisha at the front desk always remembered my name and helped me at every turn answer questions and was just so professional and kind). My room had hardwood floors, huge windows (with good black-out double blinds), a really great color scheme (loved the black and white wallpaper accent wall behind the bed), an iPod docking station, electric outlets wherever I needed them for my phone and laptop chargers (even in the headboard) and more. The bathroom had white Carrera marble and dove grey walls, and the shower pressure was great, and they had lots of big white towels. High ceilings, thick walls (no real noise), a nice housekeeping staff, Keurig coffee brewer/pods, good WiFi (free). The valet was quick about getting my car and offering directions. All in all, it was a great stay. I'd recommend it this place to anyone young, any solo traveler, or anyone there on business who doesn't want to be in a big convention hotel. Best of all, the restaurant is only a block from Chef John Besh's restaurant Luke, it's around the corner from Mother's (what a place!), and it's three short blocks from Canal Street and the French Quarter, only a couple blocks from Harrah's and the Riverwalk, too. Great little boutique hotel. I'll definitely go back. It might not suit older people (the lounge is a kind of hip/trendy), but most 20-40 somethings will like it. I know I did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel - Renovation Complete October 2014 Don't just visit New Orleans. Savor it - at Q&C. At the heart of storied and soulful New Orleans is Q&C. Tucked between the French Quarter, the Warehouse/Arts District and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, it's the perfect launching pad for your escapades-no matter what you're seeking. While the hotel is committed to the timeless spirit of Southern hospitality, they're not your daddy's hotel. The Q&C team is devoted to spreading the gospel of New Orleans's greatest undiscovered experiences to all its guests - whether you're a Saints fanatic, music aficionado or simply in town on business. This historic building was completely re-imagined in 2014. The design of Q&C embraces the historic bones of the building, giving guests a peak at the past with a glimpse of original brick walls and wood floors, while thoroughly catering to modern sensibilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Q&C Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen And Crescent Hotel
- Clarion Collection New Orleans
- Clarion Collection Queen Crescent
- Clarion New Orleans