“Absolutely perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Q&C Hotel

You added Q&C Hotel to your Saves list
Q&C Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Queen & Crescent Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
30% Off Weekday Stays!
Ranked #80 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What a great hotel!

Location was perfect--right in the middle of downtown, a couple blocks away from the Superdome and the French Quarter.

Hotel itself was gorgeous. The Q&C just finished a major gut renovation in the last couple months. My room was in the second smaller building, and they told me that it opened six days before I checked in. Interior is hip and industrial, with exposed brick and concrete floors--they really spared no detail.

What I liked most about the hotel is that there's a real sense of history. The buildings were the headquarters for the Queen and Crescent Railroad and the train motif is subtly reinforced in the art and the wallpaper. The hotel definitely had a lot of character and charm--and being in a city like New Orleans, where everything seems to have history, it's awesome being in a hotel that feels more authentic than the chain hotels down the street.

They also did a great job making the lobby fun and social. In our building's lobby (the smaller lobby across the street), there was a shuffleboard table, which was a blast. And in the main lobby, a great place to sit and work, or go to the bar. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but had a drink in the bar while we were all congregating--they brought us out a complimentary shrimp flatbread, which was delicious and a great pre-dinner snack.

Staff was, overall, fantastic. Rooms were spotless, front desk was helpful and knowledgeable. Alicia at the front desk, especially, was awesome. She remembered me by name every time I came in, and was very warm and friendly each time--she definitely brought that extra attention to service that really helped make this a first-class hotel.

Room Tip: My friend was in room 516, which had huge corner windows--we were all jealous.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My 3 year old daughter is filming a TV series through October and November and I couldn't be more pleased to have discovered this hidden treasure of a place to stay. Perfectly located just 2 blocks from the French Quarter and in the central business district, its location couldn't be better. Very reasonably priced considering the location and cost of surrounding hotels. Newly renovated, very clean, and very personable staff made our stays extremely pleasant. The staff entertains my daughter, and during breakfast (hotel restaurant is also amazing) they treat her like a "celebrity". This is my "go to" place whenever I'm in NOLA, either for business or pleasure :)

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Portland Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This hotel sounded very interesting and it was. It is the old headquarters for the Queen and Crescent railroad and has undergone a $12 million renovation. It has kind of an industrial chic appearance with polished concrete floors and exposed brick walls with high ceilings. The location is great for most anything in downtown NO and the waterfront. My only complaints are that the rooms are rather small and there is nowhere to sit except at the desk or on the bed. Also a little noisy. We would recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in history and be close to the French Quarter, the waterfront and Bourbon St.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A business meeting at a nearby larger hotel brought me to this newly renovated boutique hotel for a three night stay. Check-in was quick and the modernly furnished room was ample in size for a solo traveler or a couple. No bathtub, but the shower worked very well and the amenities are quite good. Beds are not too soft or too firm and very little outside noise penetrated into the room. Included wi-fi is a plus.The intimate bar and attached dining area are adorned in classic New Orleans style with dark wood tones and French accents. What made my stay most memorable was the outstanding staff, from the front desk to the bar. The bartenders, noticing I was a solo traveler, introduced me to some local patrons to converse with, They are also very knowledgeable about regional cocktails. Joey, the manager, who seems to be on the premises constantly, ensured the guests were well taken care of. I would stay nowhere else, if I am fortunate enough to return.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Q&C for 2 nights while in New Orleans on business. Overall, my stay was o.k., and I would stay there again (price and location adjacent to the French Quarter are both big pluses). The hotel is tremendously charming -- the building is 100 years old, and was originally the office for a train line. The owners of the hotel have maintained the historic charm -- train themed wallpaper, exposed brick walls, hardwood floors -- and it really adds a lot to the hotel's appeal. The dark blue/ black walls in the upstairs hallways were a little weird, but seemed appropriate for New Orleans.

On the negative side, housekeeping/maintenance isn't as good as it should be. The first room I was sent to was either still occupied or just hadn't been cleaned since the prior occupant left (it looked to me like someone was still occupying the room, but the desk clerk thought it hadn't been cleaned). Either way -- it makes me nervous when a hotel doesn't have good records of which rooms are available and which aren't.

Once I got to the next room, I saw that there were several housekeeping/maintenance details that had been missed. There were some plastic tags left on the floor from when a previous occupant cut price tags off of new clothes -- these should have been cleaned up. The clock had the wrong time (and according to the desk clerk, the only way to set the time on the clock was to put an iPhone into the clock's charger and set the clock from there). There are outlets built into the bed's headboard, but one of the outlets didn't work. The room's floor lamp was plugged into this non-working outlet, so the floor lamp didn't work.

Lastly, the mirror situation in the room isn't very good. There's a mirror hanging over the bathroom sink, however it's mounted a bit high on the wall and angled downward. Additionally, the lighting in the bathroom isn't very bright. The result was that even though I'm not short, I found it difficult to get up close enough to the mirror to be able to see well when applying makeup. I tried using the mirror in the entryway on the back of the bathroom door, but the lighting there was poor too. It would help A LOT if the bathroom added a makeup/shaving mirror to the bathrooms which could be pulled away from the wall for better visibility.

Despite these negatives, I did like the hotel. The rates were reasonable, the location was great, and the negatives weren't so strong that I wouldn't stay there again. However, if they make a few more improvements, this hotel could really be top-notch.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked the Q & C for our vacation without knowing much about it. We are so happy to have found it! The newly renovated hotel is no generic chain property. It has character and a European feel. The rooms aren't large, but they are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Even better was the welcome from the helpful and courteous staff. We spent some time in the bar over drinks (including some great LA beers!) and food that exceeded all expectations. The chef overheard us talking about the "Pig Plate" on the menu and surprised us with some samples! Our last evening there we had the unique gumbo, and it was amazing. Lauren was our server every night and took the best care of us! The location of the hotel was perfect for our plans--evenings in the French Quarter and a day at the WWII Museum. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. The only thing I would change is the sliding bathroom door. It is beautiful and clever, but a little heavy for me to negotiate with my 5 foot frame! A couple of mornings we were awakened by the emptying of the construction dumpster on the street below, but it was totally understandable considering they were in the final phases of remodeling their building across the way. Otherwise, I loved everything about this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is absolutely beautiful and in the center of everything! The staff is amazing, courteous and knowledgeable. Rooms are very clean and the high ceilings help to retain the period charm. I wish they had a hotel this good in every town I stayed in.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Q&C Hotel? Share your experiences!