What a great hotel!
Location was perfect--right in the middle of downtown, a couple blocks away from the Superdome and the French Quarter.
Hotel itself was gorgeous. The Q&C just finished a major gut renovation in the last couple months. My room was in the second smaller building, and they told me that it opened six days before I checked in. Interior is hip and industrial, with exposed brick and concrete floors--they really spared no detail.
What I liked most about the hotel is that there's a real sense of history. The buildings were the headquarters for the Queen and Crescent Railroad and the train motif is subtly reinforced in the art and the wallpaper. The hotel definitely had a lot of character and charm--and being in a city like New Orleans, where everything seems to have history, it's awesome being in a hotel that feels more authentic than the chain hotels down the street.
They also did a great job making the lobby fun and social. In our building's lobby (the smaller lobby across the street), there was a shuffleboard table, which was a blast. And in the main lobby, a great place to sit and work, or go to the bar. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but had a drink in the bar while we were all congregating--they brought us out a complimentary shrimp flatbread, which was delicious and a great pre-dinner snack.
Staff was, overall, fantastic. Rooms were spotless, front desk was helpful and knowledgeable. Alicia at the front desk, especially, was awesome. She remembered me by name every time I came in, and was very warm and friendly each time--she definitely brought that extra attention to service that really helped make this a first-class hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel - Renovation Complete October 2014 Don't just visit New Orleans. Savor it - at Q&C. At the heart of storied and soulful New Orleans is Q&C. Tucked between the French Quarter, the Warehouse/Arts District and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, it's the perfect launching pad for your escapades-no matter what you're seeking. While the hotel is committed to the timeless spirit of Southern hospitality, they're not your daddy's hotel. The Q&C team is devoted to spreading the gospel of New Orleans's greatest undiscovered experiences to all its guests - whether you're a Saints fanatic, music aficionado or simply in town on business. This historic building was completely re-imagined in 2014. The design of Q&C embraces the historic bones of the building, giving guests a peak at the past with a glimpse of original brick walls and wood floors, while thoroughly catering to modern sensibilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Q&C Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen And Crescent Hotel
- Clarion Collection New Orleans
- Clarion Collection Queen Crescent
- Clarion New Orleans